Question about what buyer wants - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-23-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Question about what buyer wants

Hi guys

I really need your help, I were selling a trailer tent where it were advertised on ebay for a 10 day period. A few days ago I were messaged by a seller who gave me his personal details, that I asked for as he asked me if there was a buy it now price. I contacted him and he said that he wanted to come down and view the item. He decided that he wanted to purchase it in person and paid me upfront. Am I obligated or in breach of conditions by doing this or were the buyer in the wrong. At the moment there is a highest bidder who I decided to contact to see if he could cancel his bid saying I had withdrawn the item. I am not the kind of person who tries to cheat the system but I see that I had no option under the circumstances. I thought I would message you guys, as you must have been or known someone who has been put in that position before. Please get back to me asap, thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

So what is the problem. If its a legit item and is the quality you listed it as then you should have no problems. In what way is there any breach of conditions? If you did that to me I would think you were tying to rip me off. I imagine he will as well. Just have him come look at it. If he doest want it then file a NPB on him.
Old 06-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

is it cos its a stealth acc, so you dont want to give real address, which is actually a good reason to refuse.?

in any case, thats not the point...sometimes you dont want to meet people at home, or maybe cant cos you are busy, so you can refuse that request.

I take it you advertised as send only, not buyer pick up.

no you are not obligated if you advertised it as posting only. Actually even if you advertised it as collection only, you dont HAVE to sell it to anyone,as long as you cancel and are prepared for the fact that they may refuse to cancel the transaction and you will have to pay FVF, even if they dont pay.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-27-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-27-2011

Longevity: 74%

so are you saying:

1) if i make a listing saying wire transfer payment only and the winning buyer says they wanna pay cash on collection or paypal, i am not obliged to succumb to what they said am i? they have to listen to what my payment terms were not the other way around...

2) same goes with the delivery scenario... if i say ship only and they wanna collect, i am not obliged to fall at their knees because of that...?
Old 06-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

I guess I dont see why you would want a pissed off customer that could post bad feedback over the fact that you simply dont want to talk to them. Or them see your real address.

Meet them somewhere then. as for sticking to your guns on your listing, go for it but expect a rare pissed off customer.

It happens all the time. People say I only ship to canada or the UK and a guy from mexico bids. You say I dont sent to mexico and he give you a neg. I saw this just yesterday on someones feedback.

Your only other auction after the fact is to see if they will agree to the cancellation.

Tell them its water damaged or molded or something.
Old 06-28-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmarts88 View Post
Hi guys

I really need your help, I were selling a trailer tent where it were advertised on ebay for a 10 day period. A few days ago I were messaged by a seller who gave me his personal details, that I asked for as he asked me if there was a buy it now price. I contacted him and he said that he wanted to come down and view the item. He decided that he wanted to purchase it in person and paid me upfront. Am I obligated or in breach of conditions by doing this or were the buyer in the wrong. At the moment there is a highest bidder who I decided to contact to see if he could cancel his bid saying I had withdrawn the item. I am not the kind of person who tries to cheat the system but I see that I had no option under the circumstances. I thought I would message you guys, as you must have been or known someone who has been put in that position before. Please get back to me asap, thanks
Have you gone past the cancel the listing limit?

He already sold it and now needs to cancel the listing, the high bidder and the buyer are two different people if i have read this right.