Mostly There Now, Little Address Issue? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Mostly There Now, Little Address Issue?

Think i got everything sorted now, changed everything bar the kitchen sink! setup a couple of ebay/pp accounts today, im a bit stuck on the address though, i used some random real address for one and a mcdonalds for the other, not sure if this is a good idea now though? been reading upall day and getting mixed opinions, what in all fairness is safest for your accounts and think works best? as im going to be buying id docs off a member on the forum i want it dead right if poss.

1.Name variation of your own banned true address?
2.Name variation of random real address?
3.Virtualmail forwarder

When i was selling alot i didn't realy have much returns and they always asked for return address and never got pp sending letters!

Debating on the balances between too many variations of my address or someone random geting post/letter and freaking out, what do you think?

Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-08-2011

Hi oooSMOKYooo,

The setup I have and use which works for me although others may say differently and have their own setups is:

1. Address of local business close by to me which I know have not had a ebay account registered there but if looked at it would seem as if they might have, I have not gone down the variation of own banned address so don't know how effective this might be

2. If you have the docs in place anything else should be a brezze

3. If dealing with returns make sure that you are always on the ball with corespondance and I always include a covering letter with each item sold giving a return address, if they ask why the adress is different you could say that they pp address is your dropshipper and if it is returned to them instead of you then this would delay any refund / exchange for them and you want to deal with as quickly as possible for them so if they could return it to you first..............
The Following User Says Thank You to james169 For This Useful Post:
oooSMOKYooo (08-08-2011)
Old 08-08-2011
Threadstarter  

hi there,

Yes it seems everyone has there own setup so i will try different methods and see how i get on. I suppose it is down to trial and error like with everything in life including the wife lol..

Seems as if alot in USA are having probs with Entropay so might go with cash plus, do all branchs of savings accounts today still get spat out do you know or are Natwest still ok?

i know you can still verify pp if your quick & add another, was wondering if any branch's don't get chucked?

cheers mate.

Last edited by oooSMOKYooo; 08-08-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 73%

I have used private mailboxes with all my accounts. Ebay doesn't let you use P.O. Boxes, but you can have a "real" address with private ones. In the US we have places like UPS stores, etc that have mail boxes that are not P.O. Boxes. Hope that makes sense! LOL!!
If you are a Powerseller, you will get fliers, etc. in the mail. It also makes it easier to have a place in case someone makes a return. Most places will let you use whatever name on the box when receiving items. The only downfall is you have to pay $10-15 per month and run all over to get your mail. I try to use places with different zip codes, so there is no suspicion from Ebay. Hope that gives you some ideas!
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 73%

Another thought is that when I open a real bank account (example Bank of America), the bank lets me put whatever address I want on the account, which is always my "private" mail box. When it comes to Ebay wanting a bank statement, use photoshop to alter the name and you have the address on the bank statement for verification. Hope I am not giving too much info on this forum =)
The Following User Says Thank You to SweetPea For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-08-2011)