DSR's - is there any way of finding out how many stars buyers have left you? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-12-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default DSR's - is there any way of finding out how many stars buyers have left you?

my dsr's are dropping below standard, and im currently limited from listing any items.

I was thinking of offering an incentive of partial refunds to buyers who leave feedback with full 5 stars, however i wanted to know is there any way of knowing how many stars they have left?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

There is no real way but if you get only get a couple feedback dsr's a per day you can kind of see if they drop or not. There is no way to see exactly what number they give you.

There are many way to improve these instantly though. Many many posts on here talk of these. Several lately as well.

You really have to change everything you do.

Ship the same day as much as possible dont let the weekend go without shipping drive to the PO if need be. 2 days is too long to wait and customers dont care that 2 of the days they waited was on the weekend. wrong or right they think this way. ship your items fast and you get auto 5 stars. Ship free and its another 5 stars

Describe all problems with something. dont say its well made and the best there is if you know its china crap. change your wording or they will ding you on as described. You want them to like it more than what you described. You want them to open it and think " wow this is better than they described" Not hard to do.

Communication is easy as well. Just email them to death... It stupid yes but they like it and feel all warm and fuzzy. If thats what it takes,,,, And it does, then do it. Email them every step of the way. Those ebay emails dont do it all the time. They want personal emails.

I do these things and my stars are great.

I also put a note in the pkg schooling the customer on how the stars work for us sellers and such. There are many ways to write them and I can give you an example if you want one.

I you dont make 180deg changes you will be looking to make another account soon. But then you will be in the same bout again soon.
Good luck.
Old 08-13-2011

Longevity: 83%

The way KingRay said to educate the buyers with info included with the item, works good.

If you educate the buyers too much with e-mails and E-Bay reads it, not good.
Old 08-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

You are right. I even leave out these words in my emails since I have noticed the recipient doesnt always get them when they are present. Bot??

DSR
2nd chance
fee or fees
payment invoice
the use of $ sometimes
"I will sell it for"
direct sale
email addresses sometimes

They all may not be stuff they look for in emails but over the last year or two I have had many many emails with stuff like this was in them. I reword and they get the email. I have tested this many times now.

I am sure you can tell what I talk about sometimes. Each pretty much has some sort of rule against it in ebay. They feel its circumventing fees, I see it as they only to rule over my ebay sales not my contacts and sales from them.
Old 08-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post

I also put a note in the pkg schooling the customer on how the stars work for us sellers and such. There are many ways to write them and I can give you an example if you want one.
yeah that would be great, if you could.

I would think a £5 refund would persuade them more to leave full 5 stars, but the only problem is knowing if they have done this or not.
Old 08-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yeah thats not really possible.
Old 08-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Yeah thats not really possible.
can you tell me more about the example you were referring to earlier regarding sending buyers more info about dsr's.

are DSR's dynamic, do they change right after feedback is left? or do they change on a monthly basis?
Old 08-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Sure, Here is what I use:

Thank you so much for your business. I hope I shipped this item to you in a manner that is consistent with your needs.
Please take the time to leave me positive feedback along with 5 star seller ratings in all categories. Any less than perfect and eBay will frown upon it which will directly affect my seller status. eBay's new rules are very strict with sellers these days. If I have performed any less than perfect, please contact me before leaving feedback. Thanks

I print them out 2 to a page and cut them in half. I Put one in every package.

I think I actually got that from someone on here long long ago

I attached to this message another one I have used in the past and might start using again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg star rating photo.jpg (36.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 08-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
can you tell me more about the example you were referring to earlier regarding sending buyers more info about dsr's.

are DSR's dynamic, do they change right after feedback is left? or do they change on a monthly basis?
As for the DSR's changing. I have really been looking at this lately and check after each one. I have caught them within seconds of them leaving them up to like a couple hours. Each time it doesnt seem to affect them untile their nightly update. Not sure if its a nightly update or just takes longer than I have checked and after I had already gone to sleep for the night.

I have never had one change instantly at all. I have kept a very close eye on mine.
Old 08-14-2011

Longevity: 78%

If you keep on it daily or frequently depending upon number of sales, and download the reports, then you can narrow it down by State where the buyer is from. Easy for me as I don't have many sales. Problem comes if you have more than one buyer in that particular State
Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yeah, you can definitely narrow it down to a person or 3 but dont do what I did.

I thought 100% that this person gave me less than 5 stars so I emailed them and asked if there was anything wrong with the transaction and if there was I am all ears on how to correct it.

I have sent this to probably 10 ppl in the last year now and you always get an email that says " No I gave you 5 stars on everything, I loved the items and was very happy."

Every time you get that you just get stumped and question if you were correct or not. You just cannot know for sure.

Dont do what I did.
Old 08-14-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks, for the advice.

another thing i wanted to know is, if a buyer left positive feedback,but the stars they left, were low, can i send them a feedback revision request to bump the stars up? is this possible? im not sure?
Old 08-14-2011

Longevity: 78%

Yes you can send them a feedback revision request asking them to only revise the DSR's left.

I would check their user ID at this website first

toolhaus.org
Old 08-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Print out the instructions for buyers and add it with your product sent.

Edit: For feedback revision, you only are allowed 3 "invites" so be proper with your choice of buyers.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (08-16-2011)