eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   New account new details same stock (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/35836-new-account-new-details-same-stock.html)

slkwrm 08-26-2011 04:38 AM

New account new details same stock

Hi, first time poster so apologies if this has been covered before. i was a happy eby pwerseller until yesterday when i was kicked off for reasons which i haven't been informed of yet.
Ebay was my main source of income and it has left me devastated.. (although i'm kind of still in shock about the whole thing).
Going without ebay is not an option so i am going to set up an account using a family member who has a different address and is not linked to my ebay or paypal in any way.. now i have two questions (and really sorry if they have been covered and im sure they have)

1. If i start selling the same items again (i sell an eclectic mix of stuff some common i.e. flash media others not so some genuine skate clothing) will it raise a flag with ebay if they notice someone selling the same kind of stuff if the surnames are the same but they cant prove a link between us? obviously they could if they really tried as they are a close relation

2. this is the question im sure has been asked 100's of times but as a seller i guess i will need to get my relative to register an account for me so i can become verified.. would this put up a red flag if they live in another address (albeit in the same city) but have the same surname?.. im in no way linked to that address.

basically i want my old life back as i feel its been snatched from me unfairly.. i was selling 100's of items a week and am scared i will never be able to go back to that ever again.

please help im desperate

ensignia 08-27-2011 06:55 AM

eBay cannot link through names alone. It's best to go slow and spread sales to minimise risk, and use different descriptions so it looks as though it's all from different sellers.

GrannyT 08-27-2011 09:40 AM

I have to do this if I'm building a bit of feedback on a new account.

Any pictures you are going to use open them in your photo manipulation prog, alter them slightly (Watermark, crop etc) Save them back as a Tiff. Restart your photo prog, open the Tiff files and save them back as Jpegs.

Rewrite your descriptions - new script, new font, new layout

You'll be good to go

:pop2:

oompaloompa 08-27-2011 10:00 AM

there is more to linkage than just names, or addresses, you need to got on a new windows user and make sure you ip is dynamic, give PC a good clean of cookies and flash as well to be on safe side....

next, I do not suggest a relative sets account up for you. Keep your business to yourself. Set up a business account at a pobox or use another preferably but not necessarily accessible residential address.

you add your own bank, add a vcc. lift limits, you will need documentation for this.

If your goods seem unique, that can be a problem sometimes, but general electronics is fairly humdrum......was there any copyright (vero) infringements, that could mean you are being watched by a rights owner? Could it have been a competitor that brought you down? were your goods high risk in terms of large quantities? did you have complaints on file..you need to figure out why you were booted, as it could affect your next acc in some instances....you say you have no idea why, but it will be something along these lines, so try and work it out.

my sincere advice is never use ebay as your only income, I have seen too many stories like yours.....

do alot of reading on forum and do not make an account hastily...pm me with any questions if still in doubt....

GTB 08-27-2011 10:09 AM

great advice by oompa & the gang

if you need a vcc(virtual credit card) for eb ay or pay pal,send me a pm

welcome to the forum:)

slapped 08-27-2011 10:13 AM

Great and Accurate point about using the Same Photos and Text made above, also watch your listing Layout, Borders, fonts, colors and all that, ALWAYS Best to start from Scratch.

Ebay CAN Link your account using the Items you sell,,,The more Unique (eclectic mix) and Unrelated your items are,,,, the LESS Likely the odds are that they can be found together on Completely different accounts,,,and the MORE unrelated items found togeher on seperate accounts the MORE Likely it becomes apparent that they have the SAME Owner.

For Example How Likely is to have 2 Seperate INDEPENDANT accounts that BOTH sell Batteries, Diapers, and Coffee?

Not very Likely is it,,,It is even LESS Likely to have 2 Seperate INDEPENDANT accounts that BOTH sell Batteries, Diapers, Coffee, Shoelaces, LCD TV's, and Swiss Cheese

If you EVER saw 2 accounts that BOTH Sold that stuff togrther you almost Have to say that those accounts are owned by the SAME Person

oompaloompa 08-27-2011 10:20 AM

oops sorry I read electric mix not eclectic!

yes agreed, make 2 or 3 accounts over time and seperate them. If you are anything like me, your products change occasionally, due to demand or lack of, finding and researching new stuff, competition popping up, so do not stagnate.....

GreenBean 08-27-2011 10:21 AM

Disagree about point 2: I would avoid using the relative info BIG TIME. family & business do not mix. All too often, accounts made with that method have trouble.

Whilst names are but part of an equation, it is preferable not to make your new account that way. :pop2:

Throw in selling the same items and expect problems. Strip your photos naked but items & name & same city, any paypal staffer with a brain will go Ha... manchester city supporter :eek:

GrannyT 08-27-2011 11:27 AM

The thing is GB there aren't that many Manchester City supporters anyway - that would be a definite link:bounce:

slkwrm 08-28-2011 05:50 AM

thanks all for the helpful posts.. i have since bought the guide and read it through twice.. it is really helpful and i have come to the conclusion that i wont use the relatives name, acc details or phone number.. but i will use the address as i have easy access to it. i use a mac so will be buying a cheap laptop for the different user purposes (cookies, flash but making sure to change the ip)
totally understand regarding the specific item issues.. maybe if i split those up into two or more acc's i think that would be more acceptable and undetectable.

i have two burning questions that i was a little unclear about after buying the guide though so i hope someone can help me..

firstly, i have been monitoring my ip address (i have a bt home hub so simply turning it on and off for 10 secs changes the ip simples) would it raise a flag with ebay if one user came on with a different ip address everytime they logged on?.. i didn't entirely understand whether i need to keep track of the MAC address so i can revert back to the ip address dedicated to that certain user everytime or coming on with a fresh one every time is just fine (just be damn sure its a fresh number!)

secondly when it comes to lifting the limits with p aypal.. i did it so long ago i cant even remember having to send them any documents? it was simply a case of verifying with my bank account and then lifting the limit with a credit card (which will obviously be a vcc).. thanks so much for all the replies.. i feel a lot better that i did two days ago and you have all helped so much

comments would be appreciated

Imakemoney 08-28-2011 05:53 AM

^ No it doesnt raise a flag having a different IP each time thats what you want to happen. The key is making sure you dont get the same IP more than once....

Dont worry about MAC address with ebay.

Ill PM you with some info about your second question.

oompaloompa 08-28-2011 05:56 AM

no not a flag to have different ip each time an acc logs on - it is the norm.

Yes you need to send docs to lift limits, but that is not too hard.

rsot 08-28-2011 07:17 AM

Instead of 1 account selling the same three things - make 3 accounts selling each thing separately - spread.

All the best.

JRYAN34 08-28-2011 09:47 AM

your doing literally everything wrong, and will only get booted again within 24 hours.

eBay King 08-29-2011 04:04 PM

Looks like everything has been covered here.

What I will say is that eBay and PP are nasty ruthless bastar*ds who have a habit of cutting down genuine sellers in their prime.

Once you have managed over 100 eBay accounts, you can guarantee an eBay account is never for life, just what you can get out of it till making the next one.

eBay: "Can't live with them, can't live without them"...