eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   DSR and selling limits question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/36019-dsr-selling-limits-question.html)

stealthmaster 08-30-2011 04:51 AM

DSR and selling limits question

Hi there I made a new eBay sellers account UK went to list my first item and I am hit with a selling limit of 10 or £350 a month which ever comes first. I thought you didn't get the dash until you received 10 DSR or more, I've made several eBay sellers accounts and never had this problem. Could some please elaborate this for me thank you.

Ebayorbust 08-30-2011 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthmaster (Post 264292)
Hi there I made a new eBay sellers account UK went to list my first item and I am hit with a selling limit of 10 or £350 a month which ever comes first. I thought you didn't get the dash until you received 10 DSR or more, I've made several eBay sellers accounts and never had this problem. Could some please elaborate this for me thank you.

Hi,

You don't get to see the DSR scores until you've got 10 of them. The seller dashboard appears after your first invoice (up to a month after starting selling, depending when in the month you list your first item).

These selling limits will be in place for the first 90 days unless you phone them and try to raise them (which may not be a good idea, depending on what you are selling). If you phone up, also expect to be hit with document requests and the usual "stand on one leg & touch your nose" type requests. The limits may also stay for longer depending on your selling performance - 90 days is assuming you maintain good DSRs etc.

I'm setting up a lot more accounts at the moment, getting a few sales through on them now, so that if and when I need to ramp up sales on them, I won't be restricted by these really low initial selling limits that new accounts are getting these days.

bode 09-01-2011 06:06 AM

@ Ebayorbust.

Are you getting selling limits with all new accounts?

How did you know to phone them; did they send an email requesting that you contact them?

I've got a limit on a new selling account (10 items x25q eBay store) and I'm trying to identify if it's anything that I've done wrong. I'm planning to open a new bank account today to start again and again and again :)

Ebayorbust 09-01-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bode (Post 264929)
@ Ebayorbust.

Are you getting selling limits with all new accounts?

How did you know to phone them; did they send an email requesting that you contact them?

I've got a limit on a new selling account (10 items x25q eBay store) and I'm trying to identify if it's anything that I've done wrong. I'm planning to open a new bank account today to start again and again and again :)

Yes, all my new accounts have selling limits. If you want to try and raise your limits then call them but personally I don't advise it. The best way to get round selling limits is to have lots of accounts.

bode 09-01-2011 03:07 PM

I suppose that's good to know. Do you have any previous accounts which suffer from poor DSRs or do you think you could have been linked in any way at all?

I just want to rule out anything that I may have done. I don't fancy opening 10-15 paypal accounts. Ten windows user accounts, 10 virtual phone numbers...I'll spend all day answering marketing calls and having to wait for my computer to boot!

GrannyT 09-01-2011 03:11 PM

If you want to avoid selling limits on new accounts do your homework, invest a bit of money, think outside the box and stay away from personal accounts.:doh:

:pop2:

bode 09-01-2011 03:16 PM

Ebay shops and business accounts for PP and eB.