eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Auto IP Switching (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/36110-auto-ip-switching.html)

FizzyFish 09-01-2011 01:48 AM

Auto IP Switching

Hello - I am new here so forgive me if this question has been asked a million times. I searched but couldn't find anything.

I asked this already over in another thread - but there was no reply - so I am asking it again.

Does anyone use any auto ip switching software?

I am pretty lazy and also quite tight. I don't want to have to play about with mac addresses or buy a new modem.

A quick googly search turned up all manner of auto ip switching software.

Before I go filling my hard drive with more useless crap - I was wondering if anyone uses or has experiences using them. If not then I will be the guinea pig.

There was one software that caught my eye that says

"Don't waste your time reconfiguring computer network settings every time you change your location. Free IP Switcher is a perfect solution for you. It switches between preconfigured network settings with a single click and without any reboot. With Free IP Switcher you can automatically change all network settings on your pc: IP address, network masks, default gateway, DNS server, wins server, proxy settings, default printer and more."

That was for Free IP Switcher 2.1

So it looks like, maybe, when going between user accounts you can choose the correct ip for that account.

Is there something fundamentally flawed in any of this? Surely this would be a hell of a lot easier than messing about with restarts etc...

Any thoughts?

FizzyFish 09-01-2011 02:29 AM

ok - i found the answer - all of the software that is free sucks big time.

I couldn't find any that actually do what they are meant to do... oh well looks like I'm going to have to get up off my arse after all.

yotano211 09-01-2011 02:54 AM

And Knowing if half the battle, G.I JOE.........

Alps_a somewhatlegend 09-01-2011 08:16 AM

Lazy and quite tight - that sounds like me.

Yes you are correct - those ip changing thingies suck and are no good except for sucking - well they have some benifits, but none with regards to eb/pp.

Also, don't bother with those IP hiding programs - I think there is one called 'hide my hole' or something like that - stay clear of it and others like it.

bode 09-01-2011 03:20 PM

It takes about a minute to stand up and reset the router, quicker than installing crap software on all of your user accounts and making a mistake.