Will VOIP work on Mobile Broadband connection? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Will VOIP work on Mobile Broadband connection?

Hi folks!

I wish I knew what was going wrong with the S'gate VOIP service I was originally using to verify my Paypal / Ebay account. The VOIP phone used to work, now it doesnt and I have spent hours messing about with the PC's softphone interface and emailing the VOIP services support department with no luck. Has anyone else ever used a VOIP phone service over a mobile broadband connection? This seems to be where the problem started.

When I had a cable broadband connection I had the VOIP service set up to forward to my mobile phone number even when someone (i.e, Paypal) dialed the VOIP landline number and it worked a treat, alas it stopped working seemingley when I switched my connection to mobile broadband. Although this shouldnt really make a difference as I used to be able to receive calls even when I wasnt on the internet ....?

I dont know if I ought to try a different VOIP service and then if that works change my registered landline number to that. Which VOIP services seem to be working ok at the moment with ebay / paypal?

Old 10-21-2011

Longevity: 79%

You will be lucky, Icould never get it to work correctly on mobile BB

Why dont you just divert to your mobile ?

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi Tizwoz

I have tried to do that and it wont forward the calls to my mobile neither... what a mess! Looks like I am going to have to risk setting up a new VOIP 'landline' number and change the registered number I have with Paypal /Ebay and hope it doesnt make them suspicious enough to suspend my account.......
Old 10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Hi Tizwoz

I have tried to do that and it wont forward the calls to my mobile neither... what a mess! Looks like I am going to have to risk setting up a new VOIP 'landline' number and change the registered number I have with Paypal /Ebay and hope it doesnt make them suspicious enough to suspend my account.......

Are you sure its set up right, depending on when you activated the number it can take a little time before its active.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Oh I activated the number months ago, the thing is it used to work! I dont know if its because I am using a mobile broadband connection that it no longer works though. I mean its the same number I originally used to verify my Paypal account. I could be in trouble if I cant get it working....
Old 10-23-2011

If forwarded to your mobile then computer internet should not matter.

If you have downloaded there app and trying to use voip it will not work on your computer with dongle.

Just contact then via the phone to investigate the problem, they are very helpful.

Old 10-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok thanks for the advice Tizwoz, I am gonna give em a bell tomorrow and see if they can sort it out for me before I have to contact Paypal...