eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Paypal Lift £1900 today - then Ebay Indefinetely Restrict me! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/39012-paypal-lift-1900-today-then-ebay-indefinetely-restrict-me.html)

johnnyleeds 11-08-2011 07:45 PM

Paypal Lift £1900 today - then Ebay Indefinetely Restrict me!

Well, what a carry on! After a nerve wracking weekend waiting to find out if paypal were going to lift my annual £1900 limit I was very pleased to find out they had returned my paypal account to normal and I no longer have limits on how much I can sell - great.... But hang on a minute... So I go and launch ten new auctions as I've got quite skint and the wolf is at the door so to speak as I've not been able to earn for the past week. Anyway within a couple of hours of my auctions going live now ebay have cancelled all my auctions and sent me an MC063 Alert: Listing(s) removed - seller performance below standard message! WTF!!!

My feedback is 98%, I've only ever had 2 bad comments and one neutral comment, and my DSR's have improved in the past couple of months - not that they were ever terrible... I just cant believe it! I get through one fiasco with these WANKERS and almost immediately some new Bulls**t starts! So they are saying my account is restricted indefinetely, WTF does this mean? Permanentely? It might as well mean this as I have £30 worth of ebay fees due in a week, I had made these new auctions to end this weekend which would have easily covered the fees but now they have cancelled them.

I was supposed to be having another seller performance review in mid November where they would have seen my performance had improved according to them, but I guess all thats finished now. What on earth can I do? I have got a flat full of stuff I bought to sell on ebay that I cant sell anywhere else or get a refund for as I bought its all at the car boot sale / antique fairs etc and I am desperate to make money.

Do I really need to start over again? What other options do I have? Can I open another Ebay account on the same paypal account or will they restrict that too? So much for having built up nearly 100 positive feedback comments eh? This is beyond a joke, I think I'm just gonna have to get a normal job and forget this ebay thing cos its starting to be a lot more hassle than its worth - and not because I dont like what I am doing, its just because ebay and paypal are making it impossible to do anything, even when you do nothing wrong they treat you like a criminal!

NotAHappyBunny 11-08-2011 08:47 PM

you have to start again - stealth - keep your dsr's up.
Indefinatly can mean forever - check again in 1 year when they are due to be rest. But in the mean time....open multiple accounts.

ps - do not consider linking any eb or pp accounts to any new accounts - there is no point

meVebay 11-09-2011 03:42 AM

Sounds like your in a bit of a pickle there!

Only advice I can give is learn from your mistakes. At the minute you seem to be blaming eBay.

You need to make changes as to how you work, otherwise your next account will end up going the same way.

98% feedback isn't good. It's quite rubbish. On my latest account, over 500 feedback, all positive, only 2 1/2 rating DSR's out of 700+ transactions.

You need to keep people happy, otherwise you'll never succeed on eBay.

eBay King 11-09-2011 03:51 AM

Johnny, now you see what these companies are all about!

They are ruthless and cut throat. You have to operate in a fashion which enables you to trade continually without problems.

You got it right, they are complete wankers. No doubt.

But, if you can revise your business model around the wanker system, it is still possible to make good money from selling.

Does not sound good at all on your end. Good luck. :juggle:

sammybabe 11-09-2011 04:01 AM

The way to revise the business model..................
Dont sell anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Listen you can send stuff on time(same day as sold) free P+P etc all the bull**** to keep customers happy,BUT YOU ARE ALWAYS GOING TO FIND A FEW WHO SEEM HELLBENT ON MOANING AND GROANING ABOUT ITEMS THEY RECEIVED.
I for one dont care what you do. EBAY/PAYPAL ARE never happy and love holding money to get the interest off it.Until the financial watchdogs etc do something, it will always be the same.Powerseller,joe bloggs or whoever you are

oompaloompa 11-09-2011 04:09 AM

firstly love the way the word wankers does not get asterisked....

Secondly, you hit the nail on the head with getting a job. You cannot operate the ebay system without a financial buffer. So a part-time job or your own website, something that means if one or more accs go down you do not have the wolf at the door, nobody can deal with that stress, you are working hard and this is not what you expected. Change your expectations of ebay.

Bunneh 11-09-2011 04:21 AM

looks like you have to start all over again...

Dont link your current paypal account to any new ebay account you create or they will be linked and you will be in the same situation again

johnnyleeds 11-09-2011 08:50 PM

Yes, looks like I am starting from scratch... again! I was wondering as I have just had my existing Paypal account verified and the £1900 annual limit removed (yes the same day that they restricted my Ebay seller account!), is it possible for me to open a new Ebay account and sell things and accept payment on the same Paypal account.

I have heard people say they have a couple of Ebay accounts that all accept payments into the same Paypal account and that this is permitted with Ebay. Is this something I could do? Or would they see that I already have an Ebay account that has been restricted and thus restrict any new Ebay accounts that I create and link to my existing Paypal account via payments?

I am so upset as they pulled 14 auctions that I launched yesterday that would have been ending on Sunday. I have had consistently good feedback and my DSR ratings have improved a lot from what they were, and despite this they have gone and restricted me - indefinetely! I cant understand it... Sure if I had been getting lots of negative feedback and complaints but that wasnt the case. I was due to have my seller performance evaluation on the 20th of November and I was hoping that the selling limits they had applied to my account would have either been increased or removed altogether due to my DSR's improving.

Now I am in a situation where I cant sell at all, so this will hardly improve my DSR's, also I have £30+ worth of Ebay fees due that I now cant pay as I dont have enough money in Paypal, so now that will become an issue... It turns into a vicious circle of bad luck all because of the way Ebay treat us. Anyway tomorrow my friend and I are going to start out creating a bunch of Ebay and Paypal accounts so that I dont get into this situation again, I knew I was sailing too close to the wind just having the one account and that at some point something like this could happen - now it has!

Oh well, I guess I will have to see it as a learning experience and make sure I dont put myself in this position again. Normally I would be buying and selling things on Ebay and at Antique and Collectables fairs plus second hand markets and car boot sales. Its just I got some points on my licence and I had to scrap my car so currently I havent had any transport and I've been relying on Ebay as my sole source of income.

This was a really bad mistake, certainly just having the one account - thats definately a cardinal sin for anyone who is reading this and thinking about creating a 'Stealth' account - you need at the very least two accounts so you'd have one as back-up. I'm gonna try and create three or four new ones in light of my current disaster. I really need to cover myself against Ebays unpredictable whims.

So does anyone know what will happen with my EBay account that has been indefinetely restricted? Will they reassess it in a few weeks and allow me to sell again or do you think its finished for good? Has anyone ever had any experience of these selling restrictions? I havent been suspended and my account is still active, I just cant list anything. I hope I havent lost it as it would be a shame to lose all that good feedback people have left me.

Anyway sorry to rant on and moan so much, I know this reply has turned into quite a lengthy tome! So thanks to everyone for their advice, sympathy and patience! I really dont know how I would cope without the help from people in this forum, I'd be banging my head against a brick wall and going out of my mind not knowing how to deal with this situation.

Kindest regards

Johnny