Need advice on getting back started up on ebay! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-18-2012
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Question Need advice on getting back started up on ebay!

Hi

i have just found this forum and cant believe so many people are in the same position i am in!! I have been trading on ebay on and off for 2-3 years only to have my accounts closed down time after time. The last time (12 months ago)i was closed i said thats it.. cant take any more heartache!!

I have finally got all things in place to give it another go and just want to be 100% in going about it the right way as to not get closed agian.. so here are the steps i have taken-

New Email
Address change (Family members)
Changed internet Provider
Bought a new Laptop(as i am not good enough or confident in clearing my old one!)
Opened a new Bank acc with visa debit
Changed bills into my new address in order to provide them to paypal/ebay.

If anyone has anymore advice or can see a way that i am going to slip up, it would be very much appreciated if you could let me know.

One thing that is worrying me is passport numbers and if paypal record them from previous submitted ids.. Stuff like that.

I am just about to buy eBay Stealth as from reading these posts its seems to be Bible! And sound like stealth accounts are the way forward in keeping trading.

Look forward to any advice that i get! Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2012

Longevity: 76%

Good luck mate

I have read the stealth guide and its very helpfull, The one thing I am concerned about is providing documents, no idea what address i will use yet and even when I do, not sure how I can provide docs
Old 01-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

The stealth guide is the proper step + reading around the forums. Getting everything NEW and FRESH is the proper move.

Side note: Buying a new laptop is nice but all you really need is a new windows user account for eb.
Old 01-18-2012

Longevity: 90%

Welcome to the forum Mac.fee, well firstly I'd recommend you buy the eBay Stealth manual as there are some fundamental things you need to fully understand before you go creating any new stealth accounts as just one simple mistake can mean everything else you've spent time arranging can be ruined and you'll have wasted your time.

I'd have to write for hours to explain everything here that you need to beware of. The majority of it is explained in the manual. Plus this forum is great to get help. Some of the steps you;ve listed above are good where as some were unnecessary, or you'll still need to apply the stealth procedures - for example you will have to ensure that on your new laptop you install a program to get rid of cookies / flash cookies etc. And you need to learn about IP addresss and find out if your ISP has dynamic IP addresses or not, like I said there is a lot to learn, but it makes sense, and you must do everything by the book, otherwise you'll just end up linking your accounts. Anyway good luck, and if you do it right you will be back on ebay within a few days!
Old 01-18-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Cheers Johnyleeds. Gonna buy it now and give it a good read. Just happy to know that there might be a chance of getting back on! Thought there was no way around the suspension. Really cant get over the amount of people in the same boat!!
Old 01-18-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.fee View Post
Cheers Johnyleeds. Gonna buy it now and give it a good read. Just happy to know that there might be a chance of getting back on! Thought there was no way around the suspension. Really cant get over the amount of people in the same boat!!
Mac I am not surprised in the least mate ebay/paypal are a bunch of bellends they are judge jury and executioner when a slight problem arises, they never listen to what you have to say and are run by robots, they will suffer for the way they treat customers one day when a viable alternative comes up, tossers that they are, it was a great great place 7/8 years ago too.
Old 01-18-2012

Welcome to the forum mac.fee

Just read the stealth guide and you will be up and running with a new account in no time, it took me 2 days from the time I read the guide to be back up and running.
Cheers
Old 01-18-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Beany.. I have spent months feeling lost and had more heartache than i care to explain! Total nightmare company to deal with. Fingers crossed someone takes them to court and changes they way they have to do Business.. But i wont hold my breth. Gonna give this eBay Stealth ago as it has givin me hope for the first time in ages! Thanks for the posts everyone
Old 01-18-2012

Longevity: 90%

I know its scandelous the way ebay treat us sellers when its us that make the money for them in listing / final value fees etc. Everyone who uses this forum could all tell a tale of woe about how they were screwed by ebay / paypal.

The majority of us arent criminals out to defraud buyers or ebay / paypal, but we still get treated like that and made to feel like that.

I mean you hear about sellers with thousands of positive feedback who have built successful ebay based businesses and they have overheads / thousands of pounds in stock / staff wages to pay etc etc and out of the blue ebay pull the plug and paypal follow by freezing any funds for 180 days.

It really should be criminal they way they carry on. But they seem to be a law unto themselves and answerable to nobody. I'd love to see them forced to run their business according to normal rules and regulations but its not gonna happen anytime soon.

Hence we stealth!
Old 01-21-2012

Longevity: 75%

Family members address bad idea maybe you should rethink you strategy.
Old 01-21-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

welcome to the forums mate

all the best for your stealth journey