Address and name variations - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-20-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Address and name variations

Hi guys

Just finished reading the stealth guide for the first time (gonna read it again) I have loads of questions because doing my research through the forums I se conflicting info

obvioulsy my real name and addy are banned, but what are the thoughts on variations (makes it easier to get things posted etc) eg
If real address was ''29 lyons road f7 0hj'' I changed it to 29a lions road f7 0hb''
and the name was John brown changed it to Jon Browne or browning etc
Are these good ideas or likely to be linked?

also do use my real info for vvc etc or made up one used on eb/pp only when I applied for a entropay account they asked for proof of addy etc last time

best regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Pretty nice change in address.
Old 01-20-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

address variations are good to use bearing in mind that it should reflect a correct address.
When it comes for vcc, you can get a gift card and register online with data of the pp/eb you want to add it to.
Regarding entropay, you must use your real info as they will ask for documents. However, when creating new cards and adding them to pp/eb your real data won't be revealed.
Old 01-20-2012

Longevity: 90%

yep you got it down to a t there beany.
Old 01-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

address has to exist, variation registers fine and it can go on for years, so if you dont care then fine, but when if manually reviewd or you want to lift limits on it, it can go down for not existing.

verifications used to be different, and the advice stems from then, you got letter or phone pin in old days, so variations were fine, but now verifcations are done with docs.
Old 01-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
address has to exist, variation registers fine and it can go on for years, so if you dont care then fine, but when if manually reviewd or you want to lift limits on it, it can go down for not existing.

verifications used to be different, and the advice stems from then, you got letter or phone pin in old days, so variations were fine, but now verifcations are done with docs.
thanks for your reply

So a variation of my real addy is not so good then ? This is just one of a few things I am struggling with where advice differs from the guide to posts on the forum etc
I can only really have one stealth due to there being just one bank I can open accounts with due to bankruptcy so need to make it watertight as possible really for as long as possible
I will also be buying on the account so a different address, would not be ideal, a variation should see the stuff ordered arrive at my real addy as the variation won't exist
Old 01-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beany1210 View Post
Hi guys

Just finished reading the stealth guide for the first time (gonna read it again) I have loads of questions because doing my research through the forums I se conflicting info

obvioulsy my real name and addy are banned, but what are the thoughts on variations (makes it easier to get things posted etc) eg
If real address was ''29 lyons road f7 0hj'' I changed it to 29a lions road f7 0hb''
and the name was John brown changed it to Jon Browne or browning etc
Are these good ideas or likely to be linked?

also do use my real info for vvc etc or made up one used on eb/pp only when I applied for a entropay account they asked for proof of addy etc last time

best regards
Sorry to burst your bubble but an address change like that is losing its charms.

Bearing in mind I've also read your post about bank accounts then I would seriously & strongly suggest you look at another address option.

Name variation will fly. But the combo of varied name/addresses could fail on manual review as ompappa stated.

The idea is to not LINK.
Good Luck
Old 01-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but an address change like that is losing its charms.

Bearing in mind I've also read your post about bank accounts then I would seriously & strongly suggest you look at another address option.

Name variation will fly. But the combo of varied name/addresses could fail on manual review as ompappa stated.

The idea is to not LINK.
Good Luck

Cheers for your reply mate

Must say this getting really confusing re the address, If i can't use a variation of my real address nor a relatives nor make one up is that right?

the only option then is to either make up a address but someone said this will not work so the only option would be to use an address that exists but at random ?

In that case how do you choose one, how do you know someone else at that addy is not already using it and possibly be banned, certainly find out
Renting a po box or anything is not an option really to me I will be selling low value goods, to bring in some extra cash to start with at least to make life out of work a bit easier.

its a bit baffling tbh
Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 70%

Hi Beany1210,

sounds like you are in similar position as me

have you tried opening bank account with coop, I thought i would have a problem with bank accounts but opened account with coop in 5 mins over phone.

have you thought of using a family members address
Old 01-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

it is not baffling once you get your head around it, real address because you are real person.......only non-existant people live at non-existant addresses....now how you do this is up to you, alot of ways - maybe high traffic rental properties, if you wish to make up a name....
Old 01-23-2012
Threadstarter  

So oompa do you think if I was to use say I live at '' 5 mongface view'' and changed it to ''25 mongface view'' which does exist but no idea if the person there has used ebay before that would work if I just never used it for buying ?

Would have to find another way round buying maybe use my old banned seller account that I can still buy on ?
Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 78%

I'd advise against using stealth accounts for buying unless can be collected or sent to the stealth address and fully paid with your balance.. or not use PP at all for the purchase.

Personally I think it's too risky unless collecting and paying cash on collection. It's likely that something at some point will cause need for PP to take payment from your bank account, at which point I think they then are able to see details from the account the payment has come from.

Can anyone confirm that? That's my understanding of things.. some ID is seen when money flows as a payment by a card such as delivery address registered with the card, but hidden when money flows as a deposit.

Buy things with the old selling-banned eB account with your real details and real address. Make PP payments when you need to by paying for the item as Guest user (i.e. you don't log in). You will then also need a card specifically for that that hasn't already been banned by PP before or associated with any Stealth ('loose' an old card and ask for a replacement) as they still check card numbers against their records - e.g. I can't use old cards associated with banned PP when paying as a guest, they're just rejected (and details of their use, delivery address, IP, cookies, eB account etc no doubt being logged too.

Incidently, I wondered on to a forum recently looking for general help with a plain PP thing and discovered the forum was entirely PP run and sponsered.. no doubt that session was logged, IP address collected, PP / eB cookies for the session checked etc etc too.

Treat PP/eB like the disease they are - no such thing as excessive quarantine in this game.
Old 01-23-2012

Paying via p/p as a guest user i.e. not logging in has a very limited life span as I understand it. I believe you can only do it a max of 8 times or so and then they will not allow further payments without setting up a p/p account
Old 01-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Paying via p/p as a guest user i.e. not logging in has a very limited life span as I understand it. I believe you can only do it a max of 8 times or so and then they will not allow further payments without setting up a p/p account
From November the bar stewards in paypal uk have allowed me TWO guest
transactions with 4 differet trial accounts.

Value of goods was uder £40 with free shipping. Their email was so touching inviting me to join them

I'd approach the guest option very differently now.
Old 02-08-2012
Threadstarter  

Must say I am really confused by this address thing, I keep seeing conflicting info ???
Old 02-08-2012

Longevity: 79%

A variation on an address may come back to bite you in the future, if they do manual checks, personally i would go for with a virtual address or a family/friend address.
Old 02-08-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

Virtual address is the way to go in my opinion, saves time, lesser headache and there are many cheap that are not that expensive
Old 02-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

get one virtual address and make it in to x 2 addresses. one has a trading as/company name and no box number, one has your name (real or slight variation) and box address.

I find a return with just one of the following, company name, your real name, just box number will get assigned to your box.....
getitright (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012

I had to laugh at myself when I saw the logic in that. Fantastic stuff