Compare GiffGaff IP addresses please! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-23-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Compare GiffGaff IP addresses please!

Greetings folks!

If anyone is using GiffGaff mobile broadband to manage their ebay / paypal stealth accounts, please could you PM me a sample of your recent IP addresses?

I'm asking as I've noticed that over the past 2 weeks since I created my new stealth accounts that I am getting the same IP addresses due to their been a seemingly limited IP address range.

I record my IP address on each login and I noticed that the numbers seem to range from:

**.***.248.217 through to **.***.248.219

and

**.***.139.247 through to **.***.139.251

Which as you can see isnt a great range, I was getting a new IP address everytime I checked for the past couple of weeks but now they have started to repeat with ones from a couple of weeks ago popping up again, which if linking is likely to happen with IP addresses been reused it doesnt give me much hope for my current stealth accounts.

On the other hand if this narrow band of IP addresses is been used by everyone who uses GiffGaff mobile broadband then it would be impossible for anyone on GiffGaff - i.e, hundreds of thousands of users, to operate on eBay as I guess it would overwhelm ebays IP linking methods - or would it? I dont know, I'm confused...

thanks

Johnny

Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 72%

i will check mine out later n let you know.
Old 01-23-2012
Threadstarter  

nice one, ta mate!
Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 72%

here is my results

as you can see they are repeating (even getting the same one right after). not great news as giffgaff is working out perfect for me as a phone company as a whole.

i have never had a dongle. maybe its time for me to get one. do you think using the same ip's with other accounts will get you banned? by that i mean are cookies not the main thing.
Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

sounds like giffgaff is pantsfor changing ip lads,not much variation of ip addresses

three mobile is great for it johnny,get some great deals too
Old 01-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Yeah, thats a bit like what I get, I cant work it out. I dont use a dongle I just tether the phone to laptop, I use the gigabags that allow tethering. I doubt using a dongle would give you any different IP results as to using a phone's built in HSDPA modem. Well, I'll just have to see how it goes, and if I end up with my 2 accounts getting linked cos of the IP address then I'll know why.

One thing I dont understand if when I used EBay before, you know that sometimes when you login from another computer you get a message from ebay saying they dont recognise the computer and they want to phone you a PIN through to verify you are who you say you are? Well I've never had that with GiffGaff's IP's and I use that CCleaner that gets rid of cookies etc. I wonder why that is?
Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Yeah, thats a bit like what I get, I cant work it out. I dont use a dongle I just tether the phone to laptop, I use the gigabags that allow tethering. I doubt using a dongle would give you any different IP results as to using a phone's built in HSDPA modem. Well, I'll just have to see how it goes, and if I end up with my 2 accounts getting linked cos of the IP address then I'll know why.

One thing I dont understand if when I used EBay before, you know that sometimes when you login from another computer you get a message from ebay saying they dont recognise the computer and they want to phone you a PIN through to verify you are who you say you are? Well I've never had that with GiffGaff's IP's and I use that CCleaner that gets rid of cookies etc. I wonder why that is?
Another computer = different cookies e.g. another e/b user = not recognised i.e your login details. Don't think its anything to do with IP really
Old 01-23-2012
Threadstarter  

oh right, but when we use this cookies cleaner then it will mean there are no cookies to show that our computers have ever used ebay before, I would have thought this would generate one of these ID verification phonecalls, but it doesnt seem to do this.
Old 01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
oh right, but when we use this cookies cleaner then it will mean there are no cookies to show that our computers have ever used ebay before, I would have thought this would generate one of these ID verification phonecalls, but it doesnt seem to do this.
If your using different windows user accounts why clear the cookies? Other user account cookies can't be seen.

I'm pretty sure e/b & p/p are less likely to be suspicious if they can see previous cookies rather than none every time you log in
Old 01-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Oh, well getting rid of cookies was something the eBay Stealth manual recommended doing thats why I installed ccleaner to my firefox browser that I installed installed as its also recommended by eBay Stealth - plus its a miles better web browser!
Old 01-23-2012

instead of cleaning cookies johnny

just have separate user accounts
Old 01-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Agree with separate user accounts.
Old 01-24-2012

IP address is a link but I would say not a major one unless you are using a static one across multiple accounts, that would be a killer.

There are probably hundreds if not thousands of users over any given IP range and as the vast majority of users are assigned IP dynamically when connecting to the internet the chances are someone on e/b has had it assigned before.

If IP was a big linking factor we would all be dead in the water and e/b & p/p would have no customers.

What kills the majority are cookies without a doubt. Normal people do not clear cookies from their machines on a regular basis and trundle along unaware that they are being tracked.

If this applies to the majority of e/b & p/p users then having no cookies when you log in is going to flag on their system. Think about it, why would a normal someone continually remove cookies, they wouldn't. So if you do the e/b & p/p mark you as not a normal someone but a someone who may be trying to hide something.

Being disciplined with different windows user accounts will keep you active for longer I reckon.
The Following User Says Thank You to ApotteIntek For This Useful Post:
stevebills (02-23-2013)
Old 01-24-2012

not bad for a forum noob