Completely new at this....but READY TO ROCK. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Completely new at this....but READY TO ROCK.

(Let's make clear, I live in Belgium, citizen there, but currently studying in Norway.)

Alright, after having read both the Stealth Book and the forums for a while, I am going to take the plunge into going stealth.
I have three Belgian eBay accounts all linked to one PP (I know...) without ever having had limitations, but I want to sell a lot this time, so I go ALL stealth.

Here some questions before I actually do s.th. stupid:

I plan on buying UK verified seller accounts on here, that are ready to go. Maybe even DE, ES, IT accounts if available.

1) IP question: You need a different IP each time you log into any account. Our ISP has a Static IP. What's the easiest way to get around this? Mobile broadband from a different ISP? Managing account from school pc/ library?

2) Bank account question: if I buy a UK acount on here (eg from user GTB): I'll get this:
eBay Seller Account with PayPal & Gmail Account
with 5-10 Feedback
(ready to sell)
Total...£90"

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-ac...r-service.html
Does this require me to do anything else then to get feedback slowly? I assume I leave the name, address, phone number etc... the way they are for ever?

3) The best way to withdraw funds from PP is adding a bank account. Can I add a Belgian bank acc to a UK PP? Are there other ways to withdraw issue-free?

4) I'll pay my eBay fees with a VCC, right?

5) Does all this stealthing pose any problems if you have a business? Like, sell stealth, but of course report sales and pay taxes. Are there no issues? Don't you guys run into issues with you business when you stell knockoffs?

6) Any other things I forgot?

Of course I will take it slow in the beginning and build up feedback: after all slow and steady wins the race!

I sincerely hope I don't ask the wrong questions, I'm here to learn and this forum has been very helpful so far!

Michael

Last edited by michmichmich; 04-21-2012 at 06:30 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmichmich View Post
(Let's make clear, I live in Belgium, citizen there, but currently studying in Norway.)

Alright, after having read both the Stealth Book and the forums for a while, I am going to take the plunge into going stealth.
I have three Belgian eBay accounts all linked to one PP (I know...) without ever having had limitations, but I want to sell a lot this time, so I go ALL stealth.
Issue with that is if one goes down they all might. Carefully used should not ne a problem

Quote:
Here some questions before I actually do s.th. stupid:

I plan on buying UK verified seller accounts on here, that are ready to go. Maybe even DE, ES, IT accounts if available.

1) IP question: You need a different IP each time you log into any account. Our ISP has a Static IP. What's the easiest way to get around this? Mobile broadband from a different ISP? Managing account from school pc/ library?
Avoid using such facilities. Might be another ebayer in trouble. Be independent were possible. Mobile broadband works well.

Quote:
2) Bank account question: if I buy a UK acount on here (eg from user GTB): I'll get this:
[INDENT]eBay Seller Account with PayPal & Gmail Account
with 5-10 Feedback
(ready to sell)
Total...£90"
Does this require me to do anything else then to get feedback slowly? I assume I leave the name, address, phone number etc... the way they are for ever?
changing info not recommend . I gather you will use your broadband to access?

Quote:
3) The best way to withdraw funds from PP is adding a bank account. Can I add a Belgian bank acc to a UK PP? Are there other ways to withdraw issue-free?
You can add a UK or US bank account. Operate on the assumption paypal may give trouble & you'll have less issues

Quote:
4) I'll pay my eBay fees with a VCC, right?
Yes correct.

Quote:
5) Does all this stealthing pose any problems if you have a business? Like, sell stealth, but of course report sales and pay taxes. Are there no issues? Don't you guys run into issues with you business when you sell knockoffs?
Not everyone sells knockoffs. Earn money pay taxes. Simples :D

Quote:
6) Any other things I forgot?
What about return of items? Wat about access to the postal address of any account for letters fro ebay/paypal.

Quote:
Of course I will take it slow in the beginning and build up feedback: after all slow and steady wins the race!

I sincerely hope I don't ask the wrong questions, I'm here to learn and this forum has been very helpful so far!

Michael
Dont plunge yet. Tweaking is needed.
Old 04-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
I gather you will use your broadband to access?
Do you mean mobile broadband? Yes, going stealth is basically the only reason I'd get mobile broad.

Quote:
You can add a UK or US bank account. Operate on the assumption paypal may give trouble & you'll have less issues
But adding it is not strictly necessary?

Quote:
What about return of items? Wat about access to the postal address of any account for letters fro ebay/paypal.
I would send all items from my home address and will make sure customers won't have any problem with returning it.

Access to the postal address...that's what I was wondering about. How do you guys buy ebay accounts from a different country and then have access to the address?

Thank you!
Old 04-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

If you are located in Norway how are you going to overcome the IP address location issue if using a UK account?

It would be advisable to add only a UK bank account to lessen scrutiny from p/p

You will need to be careful if shipping items from abroad to the UK if you are selling from a UK account (I gather thats what you are intending). You will need to make buyers aware that items are not located in the UK.

This may also draw e/b's attention to your account as well as making buyers reluctant to buy/return items from/to an EU seller.

With regards to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods, dont do it, especially with the way your accounts are going to be set up.

Address access for returns etc, mail forwarding company would be advisable.

All just my opinions of course.
Old 04-21-2012
Threadstarter  

First off, I don't sell **** goods, not even vero, but was just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
If you are located in Norway how are you going to overcome the IP address location issue if using a UK account?
I am only in Norway for a semester to study. I'll return to Belgium in June. See below for more on this issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
You will need to be careful if shipping items from abroad to the UK if you are selling from a UK account (I gather thats what you are intending). You will need to make buyers aware that items are not located in the UK. This may also draw e/b's attention to your account as well as making buyers reluctant to buy/return items from/to an EU seller.
Buyers aren't that much of a worry, I'll communicate everything clearly. I'm worried about eBay though. From what I understand: is it possible to operate an account in ANY EU country from a different EU country?

IP's of non-Brits are never going to match the country of registration (UK) when they reside somewhere else.

Does Auctiva get around this or am I getting it wrong here?

Please advise.

Last edited by michmichmich; 04-21-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

That's why I raised these points.

Buyers are your MAIN worry in this scenario.

IP location and UK address are also a major concern, especially if you are buying a ready made account. e/b are not stupid in these matters.

These are all things you need to research thoroughly before starting anything.
Old 04-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

auctiva will allow you to hide ip when listing, but there are other log ons you need to do, eg withdraw money or other enquiries.....

you are likely to be hit with an ebay or paypal restriction, at some point, if you log in from wrong country ip. It can be the first time you log in or the first time you get money or withdraw...

also you need a uk bank acc to sell on ebay uk. can you get that?? You need a verified paypal to sell on ebay uk and that requires bank confirmation and a real UK bank acc.

To handle UK ips you need a very good unique VPN, but if it is detected you will be booted off.....it can be done but requires research and some outlay per ip you buy.

Another way is to get a UK partner to list you goods and possibly send them.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-21-2012 at 09:57 AM.