Anyone used Shiply?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Anyone used Shiply??

Since the recent postage hike thanks to royal mail,
I just wanted to ask if anyone has used shiply.com and what there prices and service is like?

I did see another courier on a advert on ebay which was around £3 for next day delivery, but cant think of the name right now. (Anyone care to share??)

I have used parcel2go a few times for large parcels, which went via citylink for £4.99 for next day delivery, and even that is now £7.99

My last alternative will be to invest in a franking machine.

I am sick to death of royal mails service, I pay for signed for delivery on every parcel and i get atleast 50-100 parcels a month that dont get signed for.
They all say 'Pending through network for delivery'

In the past i used just ordinary 1st class mail and i would get buyers claiming non receipt, when i did indeed post the parcel...
so its a catch22 situation

Any advice on some good delivery companies that are reasonable would be much appreciated :D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2012

Longevity: 79%

I don't think no one can compete with Royal Mail right now

Your right about the recorded mail though, I buy alot of recorded stuff and i never sign for them, only once in a blue moon when it's a different guy delivering.

But heck you should hear about some other companies your lucky you even get the pending msg with RM, with some companies you get nothing but a blank page and lost mail

I think we need to start looking at the positives that RM provide for us it's easy to put them down with the fees issue but no one can match.
Old 04-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post

I am sick to death of royal mails service, I pay for signed for delivery on every parcel and i get atleast 50-100 parcels a month that dont get signed for.
They all say 'Pending through network for delivery'
:D
Only ever had this twice in the last two years.

TBH I've never had any issues with RM and in the end they always work out to be the most competitive on price v quality of service.