eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Raising brand limits, within selling limits (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/49562-raising-brand-limits-within-selling-limits.html)

diamonda 08-10-2012 10:29 AM

Raising brand limits, within selling limits

Did a few searches for this but results only came up with general info about category limits.
Recently managed to raise limits from 10/500 to 100/3500, but there is a problem that remains.
Sell predominantly in the clothing/fashion category. I do NOT sell high end designer items (Vuitton/Calvin Klein/etc) or VERO at all. But I do sell 'branded' items, as in literally standard high street brands, say the likes of "Next" or "Topshop" etc.
When listing recently, got to final page and had that red warning writing at the top along the lines of "brands: you are only allowed to list three items per month, please edit your listing before continuing" and basically I could not submit the listing without taking the brand name out of the title.

I didn't expect this- a limit of 100 items p/month, of which only 3 listings p/month can state a brand in the title- disastrous. Like I said, it's not like I'm selling Gucci: essentially EVERY clothing label will have a brand.... so currently I can write "Dark Blue Jeans Size 10" but not "Topshop Blue Jeans Size 10" ? Is there any way around this? Does it automatically get 'lifted' when the acct is a certain number of days old/feedback/history/etc?

meVebay 08-10-2012 11:20 AM

It is frustrating. I have NEVER been able to get a rep to lift these kind of limits. When I had this issue one eBay customer support agent even suggested taking the brand out of the title and listing as unbranded! Suffice to say I didn't do that.

This is another situation where multiple accounts is the only way around.

I usually find, after 3-4 months, good feedback/DSR's I'm no longer affected. I've listed 60-70 auction items on a 5 month old account, so they must drop off, rather than gradually increasing.

diamonda 08-11-2012 11:11 AM

^^^ many thanks meVebay. funny, what the agent told you to do I actually considered myself out of desperation lol but obviously it doesn't solve the problem at all. Promising thought that they drop off rather than gradually increase though- will see what happens.

btw, assumed when listing the other day that the same issue would arise, so didn't even attempt to put brand names in titles (otherwise would have got to the end only to be re-directed to edit) so went ahead and listed without. Revised items and put a few brand names in: fine. Tried this with another item, didn't work (got the red warning writing again that have already listed max of 3 p/month) so have realised this does not happen to all brands, only selected ones.

paypalpains 08-13-2012 08:53 AM

Even though it will not be in the title , you can still put in the category in the listing item specifics.

So if some one is searching for a top , and they put specifically top man, then your top will show in the search of those items. Not ideal, but still will work.

diamonda 08-13-2012 10:43 AM

^^ thanks, yeah I realised that too when attempting to solve the prob.

paypalpains 08-17-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonda (Post 367543)
^^ thanks, yeah I realised that too when attempting to solve the prob.

Also if you put just MAN in the heading then anything someone types with man in their search will show your listing in their search

You could put Top highstreet Man t-shirt, green,large for example and then you got both search words in the heading

diamonda 08-17-2012 12:53 PM

^^ I've actually done that by accident a few times before over the years (writing titles then realising I was double-benefitting from a few of the words doing exactly as you said like 'top' and 'man') can't believe I never thought of it for this situ- could help with a few listings- great advice many thanks :)

paypalpains 08-21-2012 01:10 PM

No worries, you can hit the thumb on my post and thank me later ;)