PayPal limited, bank account closed. How to pay outstanding balance? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-11-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default PayPal limited, bank account closed. How to pay outstanding balance?

Hello all,

PayPal have limited an account, which had a dispute opened up and settled in the buyers favour (the seller being me in this case). I have a negative balance now on the account. I have since closed the bank account and thus that bank account does not exist anymore. The account was a business account and had the real details of my business but stealth personal info. My question is, what can they do now to obtain the money owed to them? The bank account does not exist anymore and hence effectively empty, I have another one open that has a balance. I dont really want to add this account (even though I can add it to the limited PayPal account - to pay off the outstanding debt) so as not to associate it with the PP account. Can they affect my company's credit rating etc?

Silly questions, but I am a novice. As this is a legitimate business I wouldnt want any negative drawback from this PP account issue so any help would be much appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2012

Longevity: 68%

you owe them a debt, they'll want to collect it........debt collection agency. they'll use the details on the PP account as far as i know
Old 08-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad View Post
Hello all,

PayPal have limited an account, which had a dispute opened up and settled in the buyers favour (the seller being me in this case). I have a negative balance now on the account. I have since closed the bank account and thus that bank account does not exist anymore. The account was a business account and had the real details of my business but stealth personal info. My question is, what can they do now to obtain the money owed to them? The bank account does not exist anymore and hence effectively empty, I have another one open that has a balance. I dont really want to add this account (even though I can add it to the limited PayPal account - to pay off the outstanding debt) so as not to associate it with the PP account. Can they affect my company's credit rating etc?

Silly questions, but I am a novice. As this is a legitimate business I wouldnt want any negative drawback from this PP account issue so any help would be much appreciated.
Pay the balance.
Old 08-12-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

You could email them and request detail's on how to pay by cheque/po if you wanted to settle the debt.

You say you used your real business name but all other details false!?

What is your business; is it registered business name and did you supply official documents, if so then the paypal account can be tracked back to your business, and when they get no joy with the address details you gave they could find you that way, and would if it was anything other than a really small amount.

Or if your business is registered but you didn't supply them with any official business documents and you say the rest of your details where stealthed then really that paypal account could be anyone's and the account using the same business name as yours could be coincidence, and that paypal couldn't actually be traced back to you or your business, you could kind of forget about it if you want.

If your a sole trader and your trading name is not registered then kind of like just above, many many people across the country sole trade with the same name, and with all the other details stealthed not to much to worry about if you didn't want to!

But I would pay, you would be making a compromise if you didn't, and you would be more accustomed to doing so if you did!

Last edited by medseven; 08-12-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-12-2012

Longevity: 76%

Do you really need this hassle? Send them a postal order by registered mail

Job done
Old 08-13-2012

Longevity: 79%

PP will chase the stealth name no matter what even if your ltd company.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif