eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Virtual address in UK to receive packages from China (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/50027-virtual-address-uk-receive-packages-china.html)

syva 08-23-2012 06:13 PM

Virtual address in UK to receive packages from China

Hi, I am looking for an address to receive packages from China. Which would you recommend for UK? Will I need to put stealth first and last name or stealth company name? Thanks,,,

GrannyT 08-24-2012 03:51 PM

First thing you have to do is find someone who will accept your packages. Then you can start worrying about what you address them as.

Ask yourself this - why would someone accept packages from a foreign land for someone they don't know.

Possible scenario - package arrives, supposed to be HDDs - contains cocaine - 10 minutes after delivery the wooden tops charge in.

I'll ask again - why would someone accept packages from a foreign land for someone they don't know.

:doh:

syva 08-24-2012 04:50 PM

Elijah 08-24-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 370554)
First thing you have to do is find someone who will accept your packages. Then you can start worrying about what you address them as.

Ask yourself this - why would someone accept packages from a foreign land for someone they don't know.

Possible scenario - package arrives, supposed to be HDDs - contains cocaine - 10 minutes after delivery the wooden tops charge in.

I'll ask again - why would someone accept packages from a foreign land for someone they don't know.

:doh:

I use a service where you can do this no problems; all my large/signature confirmation required deliveries are sent to a corner shop, for me to pick up at any time of day. They charge me £1 for each delivery regardless of size. I've been using it for over a year now though so of course they "know" me by now... but in the beginning it wasn't a problem either.

GrannyT 08-25-2012 06:55 AM

How do you solve the customs/import duty issue? I accept parcels for someone but I have to pay the duty from Parcel Force

:ranger:

cortex 08-26-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 370584)
I use a service where you can do this no problems; all my large/signature confirmation required deliveries are sent to a corner shop, for me to pick up at any time of day. They charge me £1 for each delivery regardless of size. I've been using it for over a year now though so of course they "know" me by now... but in the beginning it wasn't a problem either.

But thats still in your REAL name right?

GreenBean 08-26-2012 08:38 AM

Dont ask Elijiah his real name :nono:

Elijah 08-26-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 370715)
How do you solve the customs/import duty issue? I accept parcels for someone but I have to pay the duty from Parcel Force

I haven't had that problem yet (all deliveries to this place seem to come through without customs charges luckily, regardless of value), but I would assume that if there were charges and the driver requested payment, they would reject the delivery, it would be sent back to the delivery office, I would pay the charges and then request redelivery once paid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cortex (Post 370997)
But thats still in your REAL name right?

I don't see what your point is? Yes I gave them my real name for deliveries but I could just as easily have got the sender to write Gerry Adams on it and the staff at the corner shop wouldn't have known any better. When I first registered for the service, they asked me my name but did not ask for any proof of identity... so I could have had parcels come in under any name that I wanted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 371003)
Dont ask Elijiah his real name :nono:

lol.

Marc-360 09-02-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 370584)

How did you find out about this service? Or did you simply just go in and ask?

Area51 09-09-2012 10:37 AM

I have not come across a corner shop this helpful!

But it would be very useful... The Mailbox solution sounds the workable one..

The main issue appears to the paying the duty if any is due, and if the package arrives damaged as it can from China.. would the service provider then sign for it, not break it open to look inside... :nono:

EMS seem to be the worst for delays in customs, packages opening and also daft charges.. with my DHL shipments they are trackable and customs costs can be paid to driver etc..

Also if you have many packages per week coming in, the shippers in China seem to want new addresses and name for the packages at their end.. I am unsure exactly why this is, but guess it is so they do not picked up shipping too many item on someone elses account!!

GrannyT 09-09-2012 05:06 PM

If you are going to import make sure you have a structure in place whereby you can pay or have paid import duties and VAT - do NOT mess with customs and excise under any circumstances.

If you do then expect tears before bedtime because you will come second

splatman 09-10-2012 02:15 AM

use a storage unit, £40 a month i pay and they take deliveries in and your stock is in a secure lock up without turning your house into a warehouse!

rsot 09-10-2012 07:18 AM

Best to listen up to GTran - wise on this. Warehouse idea is good if you are seirous.