eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   INR > Case closed in favour of seller > Appealed - In favour of buyer... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/51120-inr-case-closed-favour-seller-appealed-favour-buyer.html)

I <3 MyCLK55AMG 09-24-2012 09:25 AM

INR > Case closed in favour of seller > Appealed - In favour of buyer...

** I am the buyer **

I purchased a part for my car for around 300 pounds via an eBay auction, it was big and needed collecting, but I couldn't do that so me and the seller agreed upon a courier.

Days passed and we agreed terms, the deal was done I sent the money via paypal through eBay.. The usual checkout procedure...

A week or so passed full of promises and deadlines from the seller regarding when the item would arrive.. Nothing arrived.

Numerous emails between me and the seller, yet still nothing.

So I opened a dispute in the eBay resolution centre.. The seller then claimed I had collected the item.. Which is a complete lie.. The dispute went on, I put my case forward as did he.

eBay decided in his favour and sent me this email...

Dear xxxxxx,
Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision. We've considered the case carefully and decided not to issue you with a refund. We're sorry this didn't work out.

Decision:
This case has been decided in the seller's favour.

Comments:
Unfortunately, this item isn't eligible for eBay Buyer Protection.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Item # : xxxxxxxx
Sale price: £xxx.xx
Quantity: 1
Sale date: -
Seller: -
Case # : -
Case Opened: -
Case Closed: -

So im left with no money and no item.. Great! So I appeal the case and outline the facts, which are the seller is fraudulent, has had their ebay account banned, never sent me the item and clearly never intended to.

A few hours later, I get this email..

MC999 xxxxxx, we've reversed the outcome for your case and payment is on its way

Dear xxxxxx (xxxxxxxxxxx),

Thanks for contacting us about your case for the following item:.

(Item number) - (Item title)

We've reviewed your concerns and have reversed the outcome of the case. Within 48 hours, payment will be credited to the PayPal account you used for the original purchase. If you paid with another payment method, please open a PayPal account and associate it with your email address we have on file. This will enable you to claim your money.

If you have other questions, please contact us. You can reach us by going to the eBay home page and clicking "Contact us" in the upper right corner.

Regards,

eBay Customer Support

So great, it looks like I have got my money back and everything is fine.. But when I check my paypal account, there isn't anything there? How long does this usually take? :pop2:

Bunneh 09-24-2012 10:10 AM

Nice one!!!
I am glad it worked out for you in the end!!

Has the 48hours that ebay quoted passed?

From experience, If it has, phone or chat to Ebay and they shall escalate it, which usually gets resolved the same day.

Stigger 09-24-2012 01:23 PM

:pound::pound::pound: errrrm just a wild guess but going by the email they sent you, i would say about 48 hours.

I <3 MyCLK55AMG 09-24-2012 04:19 PM

Cheers for the replies guys..

@TizWoz... I only asked as the money didn't hit the account straight away.. I then google'd it a few hours later and it seems someone else had a problem where they appealed a case and won, then never got the payment.. They then had to contact ebay to get any sort of response and it took a fair while to get the money.

I will give it the 48 hours and go from there.

GreenBean 09-24-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I <3 MyCLK55AMG (Post 379154)
Cheers for the replies guys..

@TizWoz... I only asked as the money didn't hit the account straight away.. I then google'd it a few hours later and it seems someone else had a problem where they appealed a case and won, then never got the payment.. They then had to contact ebay to get any sort of response and it took a fair while to get the money.

I will give it the 48 hours and go from there.

then say that in the post, eh?

Give ALL the info.

But.....sit on this to make sure it does happen

Good Luck

:pop2:

rsot 09-25-2012 03:47 AM

Good luck - keep us posted.

Stigger 09-25-2012 03:57 AM

I was only having a giggle pal.

Good luck , hope it works out for you.:thumb:

I <3 MyCLK55AMG 09-26-2012 05:34 AM

Refund came through today after a phonecall to eBay yesterday.
Cheers guys.

oompaloompa 10-02-2012 05:38 AM

to collect, a seller should have negotiations on ebay messages about collection, with your agreement. Why would a seller take paypal and then organise a collection, they would take cash on collection. Sure it does happen, but does not make sense.

JomJarr 10-03-2012 06:24 PM

Some people are stupid, thinking PP is better than cash.

Then again, so many people sell wanting the money NOW and once they have that cash, well it's job done, can't be bothered with the rest of it.. as happened here.

rsot 10-04-2012 05:50 AM

Dont deal with the seller and leave some neg that describes the situation

I <3 MyCLK55AMG 10-04-2012 06:08 AM

Have done already, rsot.
Thanks again guys.