Few Questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-30-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Few Questions

Hi Everyone, first post on here so go steady on me!

I have two new UK stealth accounts, less than 10 day old. Already have 10+ Fb on both for buying.

I hope to start selling in the next week or so, but at present i'm waiting to complete PP Verification which should be next few days. I have new cards already up, bank account, just waiting for deposits.

Problem is that i need to start selling vero items once i confirm deposits and link accounts.

Anyway, the questions are regarding these stupid selling limits -

1. Is it better i change the stealth account to business to see if i can sell more a month?

2. I have all new details, should i call ebay to request higher allowances?

3. Are there anyway around getting a higher limits, considering all new info, complete PP Verification?

Hope you guys can help...

Thanks in Advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

/quote

Problem is that i need to start selling vero items once i confirm deposits and link accounts.

- Need to change that attitude - first advice.

1. Worth a try.
2. I would not - unless you can deal with ID verification and possible suspension.
3. Quick way? No - need to build.

Welcome to the forums.
Old 10-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona View Post
Hi Everyone, first post on here so go steady on me!

I have two new UK stealth accounts, less than 10 day old. Already have 10+ Fb on both for buying.

I hope to start selling in the next week or so, but at present i'm waiting to complete PP Verification which should be next few days. I have new cards already up, bank account, just waiting for deposits.

Going to repeat the reasons for losing your last accounts are you? Rushing to sell again may bring troubles to your new account.

Quote:

1. Is it better i change the stealth account to business to see if i can sell more a month?
Those supposedly stupid limits are there for ebay to protect itself. Changing to business is worthwhile only for long term selling. Do you aim to do that?

Quote:
2. I have all new details, should i call ebay to request higher allowances?
Absolutely NOT. Stop rushing. read the forum & see what happens to brand new users who push ebay buttons....

Quote:
3. Are there anyway around getting a higher limits, considering all new info, complete PP Verification?Hope you guys can help...

Thanks in Advance
The way to get around this is to be patient. You have to prove to ebay you deserve the right to have increased limits. That does not happen overnight.

You say you have two stealth accounts. How did you create them? Are they two different accounts? Can you be sure, in your eagerness to sell, they will be up to any checks by ebay or paypal.

If you are putting high volumes of funds thro' the accounts, what are you going to do about the 21 day holds?

In other words, have you carefully prepared two new accounts? Does not seem so ....
Old 10-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies.

Ok, reasons for losing probably seven account in the past -

Mainly selling non genuine software products. Kept getting took down, relisted, took down, suspended then paypal limited but able to claim money back after 90-180 days.

I have learnt my lessons doing that i and do not intend to go down that route again.

So totally new different accounts from each other: name, address, phone numbers, new cards both accounts have been verified through paypal now.

Not worried about the 21 day holds.

To reply to the other questions, i don't mind if it is long term or short term.
Old 10-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Hi Rsot, you may of misunderstood me. I used to sell non genuine, but now i only sell genuine.
Old 10-02-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Hi Rsot, you may of misunderstood me. I used to sell non genuine, but now i only sell genuine.
No offence but it doesn't sound very convincing to me. I believe others will agree with that as well. You used to sell non genuine software and you know how easily money can be made. But there are no easy money trust me! Plus you will never make money selling genuine software on Ebay and that is THE FACT! Too much counterfeit competition out there and genuine software costs more than counterfeit sells for.

Your accounts will get suspended in no time and listings will be taken down by vero as before you experienced until you get a boot. It's the matter of very short time. It's very easy to trace who you really are. Sell what is not as described to a bit more clued up person and you get a knock to your door by old Bill. He will not believe your story about you not knowing item is not as described and your accounts will show how much you sold and then you get black listed for life in any job. Is it worth it? No! Find something else to sell that is my advice to you..
Old 10-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your advice Jonny, What i sell is 110% genuine, all ex retail stock. I don't need to lie about what i'm selling!

You talk about selling to clued up people, well why would i have a problem when i know that what i am selling is genuine. In fact i sold a couple last week, posted special next day delivery - feedback already left and money is in bank.

What i'm here for is advice, not a lesson about counterfeit items - which again, is not what i am selling!
Old 10-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

I don't really mean to offend you. When I did research in selling genuine software and getting it at the cheapest price it worked to cost at least what similar so called "genuine sells" on Ebay for.

Then you add Ebay charges, PP charges and I can put now all my money by saying you will not make profit. You might sell odd one.

I believe there are two types of software buyers on Ebay: People who are not very clever and believe it's genuine because it works and people who know it's not genuine but buy it to save costs. Second group is what I described a bit more clued up.
Problem with working "genuine" software it has volume license. You install it first time it works perfect but try to reinstall and ops you can't activate it again. Then clued up buyer gets very angry and contacts you and sh*t hits the fan.

I really wish you luck but I thought I warn you and others who read it about possible consequences if selling counterfeit. If someone get away selling a few he/she is going to be cought at some point. VeRo can see those accounts on Ebay and can launch investigation outside Ebay. Think how easy is to track person you only need to follow money movement. I really need to stop writing

Last edited by John11uk; 10-03-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Thanks for your advice Jonny, What i sell is 110% genuine, all ex retail stock. I don't need to lie about what i'm selling!

You talk about selling to clued up people, well why would i have a problem when i know that what i am selling is genuine. In fact i sold a couple last week, posted special next day delivery - feedback already left and money is in bank.

What i'm here for is advice, not a lesson about counterfeit items - which again, is not what i am selling!
Really?

Then you need to know ALL the problems .

Supposedly real software can get pulled by ebay based on complaints by buyers.

ebay can take action on finished listings, can & does contact buyers to paint bad picture of you. Listings even 90 days finished can be affected. Read the forum. There's a current thread.

You can protest until the cows come home. If an account ( which could well be yours) gets an MC019 or MC999, then that account can be permanently suspended.

Take advice if given. It got given to help you learn....

Software is not the wonder item many sellers imagine