Buyer has no address registered with Ebay / Paypal, Help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-30-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Buyer has no address registered with Ebay / Paypal, Help!

Hi Folks!

Sorry if I've posted this query in the wrong section, I wasnt sure where to post it. Anyway I've recently sold an item to a brand new ebay member who'd become an ebay member only a week before bidding on and winning my auction.

Now I havent got a problem with selling items to new ebay members with zero feedback, only I noticed when I went to print out the buyers postage label that they didnt have a postage address registered with ebay or paypal. Where their address should be all I get is the following text: 'UAES_NULL_'....??? Whats that all about???

I'm a bit worried about this because I've heard if you post an item to any address which isnt registered with Ebay / Paypal then you're not covered by any seller protection (such as it is!) and the buyer could claim they never received their item. Anyway I've replied to the buyer and asked them to register an address with Paypal so that I can print out their postage label and despatch their parcel.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject? I'm constantly paranoid that someone is trying to scam me as I've had a couple of dodgy deals with problem buyers recently.

ta!

Johnny

Old 10-30-2012

Longevity: 70%

Contact them and notify them you need an officially deliverable address that is registered to the person on the debit/credit card.
Old 10-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

just refund them and try and get transaction cancelled, sounds too much hassle...
Old 10-30-2012
Threadstarter  

I dont particularly want to lose the sale though as it was a good price that the item sold for, plus I'd have to try reselling it, so more work / fees etc.

I've just had a reply from the buyer as I messaged them asking them to register their address with Ebay so I could print out a postage label via Paypal and this is their reply:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!
Would it be okay if I just emailed you my address on here? I don't know how to get my address onto eBay. /:
Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont see how they even managed to get registered with Ebay / Paypal without adding an address at all? But from their reply they're claiming they dont know how to add their address? Its not rocket science is it? If they know how to create an Ebay / Paypal account, bid on auctions etc then I'm sure finding out how to add their address to Ebay isnt beyond them.

I've got a good mind just to keep hold of their money until they do register an address properly. If they leave me bad feedback I'll just report them to Ebay for trying to circumvent the policy on providing an address to send the good they bought to. What does anyone think?
Old 10-30-2012

Longevity: 70%

Sounds a bit dodgy mate.

Sounds like your buyer paid a bit more than the item is worth so may just be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 though.

Have a good check of his address in google as well and see if it is a proper house/flat.
Old 10-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Yes J1mgg, I was thinking that, it wasnt exactly over the odds price they paid, I mean it was a buy it now price they paid so they chose to pay it. Whats made me suspicious is they are a brand new member with zero feedback, and this ' no address' business just seems strange.

I already knew it was a no-no to ship to alternate addresses as to the address that was registered with Ebay, but to have no address at all....? I've never come across it before in years of selling on Ebay. I dunno, maybe I'm been paranoid, but something doesnt seem right. I dont want to end up on the sharp end of Ebays Buyer Protection policies, with this buyer getting their money automatically refunded by Paypal and at the same time keeping the item that I posted to them with my own money to an address that they might claim is wrong or something.... I dunno what to do...

Actually another point is that they already left me positive feedback despite me not having shipped their item yet. They left a positive comment saying the item was 'Great ... in perfect condition'.... how bizarre!
Old 10-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

he might be stealth like our forumers and fine or just needs to cash out.

but he might not be, and claim not received and you are not protected.

if it is a big sale, suppose you can agree to refund him and repay via paypal personal payment option, where disputes are not a option. could risk your account but if one-off, might be ok.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-30-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2012
Threadstarter  

I dont know what to do... er, seen as how they've left me positive feedback already does that sort of cover me for if I send it to the address they said they will email me, but then they say they didnt receive it??

I was going to send their parcel using that Collect+ courier and you get a tracking number with them plus they have to sign on delivery, so I'd be able to check that the delivery was made or not if they do start saying they havent received it.
Old 10-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Get their dog and bone number.

Speak to them too.

If the address is Margate Fish Yards, then you know what to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Elijah (10-31-2012)
Old 10-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Get their dog and bone number.

Speak to them too.

If the address is Margate Fish Yards, then you know what to do.

thanks for that GreenBean, I dont understand the bit about Margate Fish Yards tho...??
Old 10-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The fish markets SMELL

Elijah (10-31-2012)
Old 10-30-2012

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
I dont know what to do... er, seen as how they've left me positive feedback already does that sort of cover me for if I send it to the address they said they will email me, but then they say they didnt receive it??

I was going to send their parcel using that Collect+ courier and you get a tracking number with them plus they have to sign on delivery, so I'd be able to check that the delivery was made or not if they do start saying they havent received it.

Refund them through paypal and explain how they add the address to paypal.
Stuff adding the address to ebay, the ebay address means nothing.

if they do it you have a sale and a happy customer if they do not then you know you have a scam.

If they refuse, contact ebay and paypal asking them to sort this before requesting an end to this transaction, as they are not supposed to be able to have an account with no address.

It means nothing that they left you feedback, they can still do a clawback.

Why are you even thinking about this? (I need a shaking my head smillie here)(you will have to settle for this one.)

The courier would not make a difference as there was no address on file so they could just say stolen or lost card.

Last edited by isitworththestress; 10-30-2012 at 09:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isitworththestress For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (10-30-2012), johnnyleeds (10-31-2012)
Old 10-31-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
Refund them through paypal and explain how they add the address to paypal.
Stuff adding the address to ebay, the ebay address means nothing.

if they do it you have a sale and a happy customer if they do not then you know you have a scam.

If they refuse, contact ebay and paypal asking them to sort this before requesting an end to this transaction, as they are not supposed to be able to have an account with no address.

It means nothing that they left you feedback, they can still do a clawback.

Why are you even thinking about this? (I need a shaking my head smillie here)(you will have to settle for this one.)

The courier would not make a difference as there was no address on file so they could just say stolen or lost card.
Right, cheers for that Isitworththestress, I wasnt aware they could still get their money back even after leaving positive feedback. Its probably why they've done it in the first place to lull me into a false sense of security.

I'll do what you and Oompaloompa have said to do about refunding his payment and only accepting a new payment once they have placed their address details on file with Paypal and Ebay.

Hopefully if they try kicking up a stink Paypal / Ebay will support me for not sending the item to a non-registered address.
Old 10-31-2012

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Right, cheers for that Isitworththestress, I wasnt aware they could still get their money back even after leaving positive feedback. Its probably why they've done it in the first place to lull me into a false sense of security.

I'll do what you and Oompaloompa have said to do about refunding his payment and only accepting a new payment once they have placed their address details on file with Paypal and Ebay.

Hopefully if they try kicking up a stink Paypal / Ebay will support me for not sending the item to a non-registered address.
Hopefully it all works out and they are just thick.

But give them the instructions for getting their address on paypal rather than ebay. They may just try and stick the address on ebay and then they can still do clawback through paypal.

Just get that buyer complaint button ready just in case they do refuse you.