Limited Company - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-09-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Limited Company

Hi, I have an eBay Stealth account that I have had for 3 years, Its my business and I'm running it as a sole trader, all registered with the government and of course paying taxes. My accountant has suggested I become a Limited company, partly to limit my liability if I was to be sued for anything but also partly so I can set my self up as a shareholder and pay myself minimum wage and then a share dividend at the end of the month. The long and short of this is I wouldn't need to pay national insurance.

I'm wondering if this would have any effect on my stealth account. Does anyone on here run a limited company with a stealth account and if so do you have 1 stealth ebay account or several and how does that work within the limited company.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-09-2012

Longevity: 70%

What name & address have you declared to HMRC if its your stealh account?
Old 11-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Yes there are members that run Ltd companies using stealth accounts but I doubt if you will get many direct answers to your questions.

It takes considerable time, effort, planning and if done properly, expense to set them up using stealth methods.

Everyone has different circumstances and I would suggest that you speak to your accountant for advice on how to go about it as he seems to be the one who has recommended it.

Good luck
Old 11-09-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

As far as I'm aware you will have to send PayPal a copy of your limited company Registration Certificate (they may also ask for a copy of your Mem & Arts as any high street bank would) & these must be in your registered company address. So may cause a problem depending on your own company/ebay/paypal set up.
TAKE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING
Old 11-09-2012
Threadstarter  

the info that I have given to HRMC is my real name and address, my address has changed since my ebay account was suspended so I'm using my real address with the stealth account and just a different name, a variation on my own name.
Old 11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooian View Post
the info that I have given to HRMC is my real name and address, my address has changed since my ebay account was suspended so I'm using my real address with the stealth account and just a different name, a variation on my own name.
So if you have used your real address, on what basis is it 'stealth' ? Just the name variation?
Old 11-09-2012
Threadstarter  

Yes I had an account suspended on ebay in my name and my address. I moved house not long after that and set up a new account with a stealth name but using my new address that wasn't linked to the other ebay account.

So the ebay account has a real address that I have used for my business address with HMRC

HMRC has my real name registered with them and the ebay account is registered with a business name and my stealth name.

The ebay account is a business account as is the payapl account both running for around 3 years
Old 11-09-2012

Have you had any limitation in this account in the past, asking you for supplier info etc. ?
Old 11-09-2012
Threadstarter  

not that I can remember, I have about £400 - £600 a week coming into that paypal account so don't know if thats enough to raise limitations. Is this something I can expect in the future
Old 11-10-2012

Quote:
Hi, I have an eBay Stealth account that I have had for 3 years, Its my business and I'm running it as a sole trader, all registered with the government and of course paying taxes. My accountant has suggested I become a Limited company, partly to limit my liability if I was to be sued for anything but also partly so I can set my self up as a shareholder and pay myself minimum wage and then a share dividend at the end of the month. The long and short of this is I wouldn't need to pay national insurance.

I'm wondering if this would have any effect on my stealth account. Does anyone on here run a limited company with a stealth account and if so do you have 1 stealth ebay account or several and how does that work within the limited company.

Dont get all eat up about what to do.

Leave ebay and PP the way they are now would be my suggestion,

why fix whats not broken, as long as the invoices you send to tax man are in the LTD details, then its business as normal.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 11-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
Dont get all eat up about what to do.

Leave ebay and PP the way they are now would be my suggestion,

why fix whats not broken, as long as the invoices you send to tax man are in the LTD details, then its business as normal.

Does that mean I don't have to tell ebay or paypal that I'm becoming a Ltd company, would I need to change anything on ebay and paypal. So can I have my ebay shop as one name and put the in-comings into the Ltd company. I do run other shops on other sites as well as my own website so these would all be under the Ltd company
Old 11-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Best advice really is to ask your accountant.
Old 11-12-2012

Longevity: 69%

Google is your friend do your research
Old 11-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I prefer the advice of NoneOther re: accountant
Old 11-12-2012

Longevity: 69%

Well rsot using an accountant is good research too (Y)
Old 11-20-2012

Quote:
Does that mean I don't have to tell ebay or paypal that I'm becoming a Ltd company, would I need to change anything on ebay and paypal. So can I have my ebay shop as one name and put the in-comings into the Ltd company. I do run other shops on other sites as well as my own website so these would all be under the Ltd company

yes.

If you have websites and take payments though paypal just leave it.

Create your limited company in whatever you want and make no relation to them with PP or Eby or Website, only in tax mans invoices

Its all about what you show the tax man, if he ever ask any question you have records and can prove you paid tax on the sales, no matter what channel or name you did it from.

there is nothing wrong with trading in different names as long as the money hits your bank account have paid the tax in the LTD name.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
SUVE (11-20-2012)