eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   What's The Point ?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/55561-whats-point.html)

Bulldog 01-19-2013 01:19 PM

What's The Point ??

Hi guys

If we need to add a bank account to start selling on ebay then what is the point in signing up with entropay?

Or do we only need to add a bank to withdraw money after we have sold something?

lfld77 01-19-2013 01:20 PM

Answered your own question I think mate ...

NoneOther 01-19-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldog (Post 412093)
Hi guys

If we need to add a bank account to start selling on ebay then what is the point in signing up with entropay?

Or do we only need to add a bank to withdraw money after we have sold something?

Adding a vcc that will pass AVS confirms the registered address and helps strengthen the account.

If you are going to use it for buying it will help as a lot of sellers will only ship to a confirmed address.

derbydave 01-19-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 412096)
Adding a vcc that will pass AVS confirms the registered address and helps strengthen the account.

If you are going to use it for buying it will help as a lot of sellers will only ship to a confirmed address.

This is your answer

Bulldog 01-19-2013 01:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfld77 (Post 412094)
Answered your own question I think mate ...

What part mate...lol

Do i only need the bank account for withdrawing ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 412096)

Sorry I'm still a bit new to this, What does AVS stand for?

If i just want to use the ebay account for selling things and use the money that i get from the sale in my paypal account for buying other things on ebay, Would i still need to add a bank account ?

Thanks again ;)

NoneOther 01-19-2013 01:48 PM

Address Verification System

In order to sell in the UK you need to have a verified p/p account attached to your e/b account and you need to have a bank account attached to your p/p account for it to be verified.

A bank account is the only way to withdraw funds from a UK p/p (under normal circumstances)

Bulldog 01-19-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 412104)
Address Verification System

In order to sell in the UK you need to have a verified p/p account attached to your e/b account and you need to have a bank account attached to your p/p account for it to be verified.

A bank account is the only way to withdraw funds from a UK p/p (under normal circumstances)

I don't need to withdraw the funds, I'm quite happy leaving the funds in my paypal account for other ebay purchases.

I thought you could verify the paypal account with entropay :-(

NoneOther 01-19-2013 02:04 PM

No, you can't verify with a card or vcc only a bank account verifies and I would advise you not to leave your cash in p/p

Bulldog 01-19-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 412108)
No, you can't verify with a card or vcc only a bank account verifies and I would advise you not to leave your cash in p/p

Dam...lol

So really for me i shouldn't even bother with entropay as most accounts already come with a card?

It seems like a lot of performance keep opening up bank accounts just to use ebay.

What are the fastest easiest bank accounts to open in the uk ?

NoneOther 01-19-2013 02:11 PM

If you are using a stealth address then you cannot use the cards that are issued with your bank accounts as they will not pass AVS.

As for the rest, it's all been answered a thousand times already on the forum, try the search function for UK banks accounts.

Bulldog 01-19-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 412112)
If you are using a stealth address then you cannot use the cards that are issued with your bank accounts as they will not pass AVS.

As for the rest, it's all been answered a thousand times already on the forum, try the search function for UK banks accounts.

Things must have changed a bit then as a while ago i opened a stealth account using a smile account and card and it worked ok.

Its only now that i found out about entropay that everything seems a bit confusing...lol

Bulldog 01-19-2013 07:35 PM

What does AVS stand for ?

NoneOther 01-20-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldog (Post 412168)
What does AVS stand for ?

Short term memory loss?

See post No.6 where this was already answered.

oompaloompa 01-20-2013 10:39 AM

you say that smile card worked for confirming before.

for paypal you need to match with the card address, so assuming you did it this way when you used smile card it, as it would not have gone through with mis-matched address...

that is why we use vcc for stealth addresses..

Bulldog 01-20-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 412369)
you say that smile card worked for confirming before.

for paypal you need to match with the card address, so assuming you did it this way when you used smile card it, as it would not have gone through with mis-matched address...

that is why we use vcc for stealth addresses..

Although its an online account they still issue you with a card.

I just used the card and account with my stealth info.

Should that not have worked?

NoneOther 01-20-2013 12:41 PM

No it wouldn't work unless you used an address variation but retained the same house number and postcode for your stealth address as that of your real address to which the card was issued.

johnnyleeds 01-20-2013 04:55 PM

No Bulldog, you shouldnt use the card from your bank account with your stealth account as obviously the card you got with your bank account is in your own name with your real address and not your stealth name and address.... tsk! thats the whole point of setting up an Entropay card! The bank account part doesnt matter as thats just the sort code that has to match.

By the way I've just set up my new ebay stealth account without using an entropay card, but as NoneOther says adding an Entropay card will help strengthen your account.

I think you've messed up a bit by using the card that is linked to your bank account to verify your stealth account if thats what you've done...