Ebay and Paypal Stealth without VCC..??!?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-20-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Ebay and Paypal Stealth without VCC..??!?!

Hi Folks!

Its that time of year again and I've come to create a new ebay and paypal stealth account. Anyway I went through the usual processes and everything was going ok until I had problems getting ebay to let me set up a seller account by adding my virtual credit card to pay the fees.

It turned out that the entropay account I was using didnt have any funds on it, and I've heard you need to have a minimum of about £1.95 or something for it to work for verification etc.

Anyway I chose to pay my ebay fees out of my Paypal account, and as I'd just verified my Paypal account - you know where they pay £0.01 into the bank account and you then input the 4 digit code on the deposit thing? The next thing I knew it had let me list my item and the auction went live.

So I've not even used a virtual credit card number anywhere in creating my ebay and paypal stealth account and my ebay seller account is letting me list (infact I've already had an item sell) plus my new paypal stealth account is all verifed etc so that I now have the £1900 annual limit.

However I'm paranoid that I've done something wrong and in some way compromised my account by not using the virtual credit card. Can someone who knows about these things let me know what I've done and if there is any way I can fix it - if it needs fixing at all?

Cheers!

Johnny

Old 01-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

It is not an absolute requirement to add a card/vcc to any account in order to sell it just helps strengthen the account by confirming the address which a lot of buyers like to see and and a lot of sellers will only ship to a confirmed address.

BTW adding a vcc to your e/b account when setting it up as a seller account can cause problems from time to time
johnnyleeds (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

right, thanks for that NoneOther! phew... I thought I'd dropped the proverbial bollock there!