Card one...Any good for Stealth accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Card one...Any good for Stealth accounts?

So I got myself a Card One prepaid debit card to use on creating a stealth account, has anyone on here ever used one of these before for stealth?

If so have you ever had any problems with names/addresses being mismatched?

Any help would be gratefully received, I'm also curious as to how everyone seems to have so many stealth accounts, I cant seem to get an answer....How do you use the addresses for them? Some people telling me not to use family or friends addresses as it can cause problems but others saying make sure you use an address which you can gain access to....How can you have an address that you can get access too without knowing that person??

thanks for any help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

I would imagine that the card has been issued in your real name and address, if so then it is no good for stealth as it will not pass an AVS check if used with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address.

There are easier options for cards e.g VCC

As for having access to an address you obviously NEED to KNOW the person at the address before you CAN access it otherwise it could be construed as burglary.

Last edited by NoneOther; 02-15-2013 at 12:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
keithy72 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 67%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ukdirect

A VCC would be alot easier to use, i've never heard of Card One before but after reading over their FAQ's it does seem you can use them to verify your bank account information with PayPal.

Their site says they arn't a Bank and no credit checks take place so I might be worth looking into if you can open more than one and use them as a VBA
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukdirect For This Useful Post:
keithy72 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Yes you could use their card to confirm your p/p providing the addresses match, which for stealth purposes is unlikely.

Card one offer managed accounts for those that can't get a bank account elsewhere e.g undischarged bankrupts.

They may not carry out credit checks but the still carry out ID checks and you are only allowed one account

Last edited by NoneOther; 02-15-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Yes you can providing the addresses match, which for stealth purposes is unlikely.
I ment the two small deposits that PayPal send to verify a Bank account number and sort code. I'm just thinking if you were to use this service along side a VCC to verify your address rather than opening a new Current/Saver Bank
Old 02-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Any bank account or an card that acts like a bank account will accept p/p verification deposits.

The OP was referring to a debit card rather than a bank account

Last edited by NoneOther; 02-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Sorry...its all very confusing with bank accounts, debit card, credit cards etc...

My card one is a debit card but has an account number, this will not be used to verify address, I will get a vcc for this, the card one will be simply to withdraw my funds from paypal into my account.

Sorry for the confusion, I will give it a try anyway.

I Still cant work out how some of the people on here can have 100 stealth accounts and have access to them all, I'm struggling with trying to think of someone who I can ask that does not already have an ebay account, besides aren't people funny about using their address for something they have nothing to do with??
Old 02-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Confusion understood but there are better options than Card One around for stealth.

You have to think outside the box when it comes to having access to addresses, it the real key to successful stealthing these days and to be honest not many folks are going to share their secrets with you.
keithy72 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks NoneOther, I did get that impession that people were being secretive about the address side of things.....Oh well suppose ill just have to have a think how to get around it.

thanks for your help though.
Old 02-15-2013
Threadstarter  

IF anybody on here wishes to say what you may have with regards to creating a stealth address and be able to have access to it and without using a PO Box,.....This is the only part of creating the Stealth account which I do not get.

I would be so grateful for any advice.....Thankyou. x
Old 02-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Nobody is going to share their secrets with you, why should they, what have you given them?

Things like that getting shared then get abused and before you know it it's ruined for everyone.

It's not hard to figure out ways, you just have to look at it from a different perspective.

Do some leg work (literally) yourself in your local area and you'll be surprised what you can find. Google is also a good source of useable addresses.

Last edited by NoneOther; 02-15-2013 at 01:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
keithy72 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy72 View Post
Sorry...its all very confusing with bank accounts, debit card, credit cards etc...

My card one is a debit card but has an account number, this will not be used to verify address, I will get a vcc for this, the card one will be simply to withdraw my funds from paypal into my account.

Sorry for the confusion, I will give it a try anyway.

I Still cant work out how some of the people on here can have 100 stealth accounts and have access to them all, I'm struggling with trying to think of someone who I can ask that does not already have an ebay account, besides aren't people funny about using their address for something they have nothing to do with??
Card one accounts do work for stealth .
I started with one until i was re - educated and learned you can get a better service with no monthly fee .
And as stated you can only open 1 card one account . .. now what good is that to stealth ..
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
keithy72 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Here's a BIG tip for you.

If you want to get answers then try posting YOUR OWN thoughts on how YOU think you can solve a problem and you will get a better response and advice that will point you in the right direction.

You never know you might actually have a EUREKA moment and come up with the answer yourself.

If your going to be successful with stealth you will have to learn how to stay ahead of the game on your own and solve problems yourself.

These pages have all the answers you need, you just have to take the time to study them and piece it all together, that's how it works around here.

Do it this way and you WILL be more successful.
keithy72 (02-15-2013), rsot (11-25-2013)
Old 02-15-2013

Longevity: 66%

Ive read the stealth guide 50 times at least now.
And still every day i come on here and search and read and still learn somehthing new .
The guide works -- no issues with that and ive proved this to myself time after time .
But as with most things in life you want to take steps a little further and push the boundaries this is where research comes in.
Guys have been doing exactly the same for long before you and i came here, and thankfully its all recorded .
Best investment i could ever make is an hour a day reading old posts as this puts paid to any silly ideas i come up with and highlights the good ones i some times manifest.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
keithy72 (02-15-2013), NoneOther (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

The only way to learn.

Research, research and even more research.

I spend time every day looking at new options for banks, bank accounts, credit cards, prepaid cards, vcc's, accessible addresses and anything else that will aid my efforts in stealth and only very occasionally do I find something new that will work and is not to found anywhere on this forum.

Now imagine what would happen if I came on here and blabbed about it to all and sundry, next week or next month e/b or p/p will have put the kibosh on it.

It's all happened before

Last edited by NoneOther; 02-15-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-25-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Card one...Any good for Stealth accounts?

I linked my entropay card to paypal,then ebay wanted me to link either a varified paypal account or a bank account,when i tried to add a halifax savings account it kept saying please try again later,i have now applied for a card one account which will hopefully be able to varify my account with...i reckon ebay are suspicious though..name variation can be dodgy...£12.50 a
month fee if you use card one...:(
Old 11-25-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%

[QUOTE=Ukdirect;421605]I ment the two small deposits that PayPal send to verify a Bank account number and sort code. I'm just thinking if you were to use this service along side a VCC to verify your address rather than opening a new Current/Saver Bank[/QUOTE
Ebay wont let you anything without a varified paypal account...so i applied for cardone bank account,i do have a halifax savings account and i allways get.."we are sorry please try again later" when i use this to verify my paypal
Old 11-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Now imagine what would happen if I came on here and blabbed about it to all and sundry, next week or next month e/b or p/p will have put the kibosh on it.

It's all happened before
So very true NoneOther
Old 11-25-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
I linked my entropay card to paypal,then ebay wanted me to link either a varified paypal account or a bank account,when i tried to add a halifax savings account it kept saying please try again later,i have now applied for a card one account which will hopefully be able to varify my account with...i reckon ebay are suspicious though..name variation can be dodgy...£12.50 a
month fee if you use card one...:(
I have tested card one banking out it it's not suitable for PayPal, they don't accept mismatched names