bank account has been closed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default bank account has been closed

Hi guys, my bank account has been closed by HSBC but I do not know the reason, might be too much money sent overseas from that account? anyway, I got a very good ebay & pp account but cannot withdraw the money due to the bank account problem and for some reasons, I cannot open any other accounts under my name. So any alternative way to withdraw the money?

I can use my friends paypal account but need to send money from paypal to paypal, if I do it regularly, will it affect to both paypal account, thank you for your help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

If credit score is a problem, apply for a basic bank account.

If this is also going to be an issue then some of the prepaid cards available offer a sort code and account number with them.
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

thank you for your reply, any prepaid cards you would recommend?
Old 03-27-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Hi guys, my bank account has been closed by HSBC but I do not know the reason, might be too much money sent overseas from that account? anyway, I got a very good ebay & pp account but cannot withdraw the money due to the bank account problem and for some reasons, I cannot open any other accounts under my name. So any alternative way to withdraw the money?

I can use my friends paypal account but need to send money from paypal to paypal, if I do it regularly, will it affect to both paypal account, thank you for your help
Do not use a friends paypal. If you get linked it will go down and you just ruined someone elses account.

Your in the UK so I wont know about banks but what is the reason they closed your account. Did they give you a reason?
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

I have left UK for one year as my visa has expired, thats why I cannot open a UK bank account, I asked the HSBC as to why they close my bank, they said its confidential

This is not a stealth paypal account, i use all the real information, I was thing if I send money from my paypal account to his paypal account and withdraw the money from his account, it seems an alternative way?
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
thank you for your reply, any prepaid cards you would recommend?
Mycashplus as a starter.
Old 03-27-2013

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via MSN to Imposter

Quote:
I have left UK for one year as my visa has expired, thats why I cannot open a UK bank account
is it not an idea to call EB / PP to let them know you have now emigrated to see if they can move your accounts to your new country & add a more local bank.
I don't if it is actually possible as I've never come across this before but it's just an option
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Mycashplus as a starter.
thank you but does it offer a account number and sort code as paypal need such information to withdraw the money
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
is it not an idea to call EB / PP to let them know you have now emigrated to see if they can move your accounts to your new country & add a more local bank.
I don't if it is actually possible as I've never come across this before but it's just an option
Well, I moved into China and it seems not be a good idea to tell them that I am in China now but still have some drop shippers in UK, right?
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Thank you for the tips, for some reasons I cannot go to UK to open a new bank account, but I was told the VCC can do it? I just want to open a VCC that come with account number and sort code so I can withdraw the money into that account, any advise? thank you again for your help

From what i hear.....vvc can not do it but i could be wrong.

can you not pay suppliers with the funds to empty the pp account and sell the stock from a new account.

falling that i think you may need a bank account.

Whats the some reason you cannot open a bank account in the u.k ?

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 03-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I have left UK for one year as my visa has expired, thats why I cannot open a UK bank account, I asked the HSBC as to why they close my bank, they said its confidential

This is not a stealth paypal account, i use all the real information, I was thing if I send money from my paypal account to his paypal account and withdraw the money from his account, it seems an alternative way?
Pay attention, and pay attention well.

You run a risk of being limited if you do such transfers.

Then you will have far more serious issues.

So you are no longer in the UK? Will you return ever?
Old 03-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
thank you but does it offer a account number and sort code as paypal need such information to withdraw the money
Yes it does.

Give heed to the advice Greenbean is offering as your plan is frought with danger.
Old 03-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Pay attention, and pay attention well.

You run a risk of being limited if you do such transfers.

Then you will have far more serious issues.

So you are no longer in the UK? Will you return ever?

Thank you for the reply, I have just opened a cashplus account and they will send me a bank card, can I add the card into my paypal account and withdraw the money to that account?

I used to study in UK and I opened the bank accounts as a student and now vias has expired and I went back to my country. I can of course return to UK as a visitor but not sure if I can open bank accounts as a traveller?
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 79%

i was in the bank the other day, one thing i noticed is that you do not have to be a u.k resident to have a u.k bank account.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 03-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Yes you do not have to be British to get a bank account.

I would guess it was the amount of money you were sending internationally.
As some banks may see that as a risk.
Old 03-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
i was in the bank the other day, one thing i noticed is that you do not have to be a u.k resident to have a u.k bank account.
This is true.

But if HSBC put a marker on the OP's name, such an endeavour may not work.

Should he return to the UK, there would be certain steps to do before attempting to open another bank account, imo.

Not the issue for us.

Old 03-28-2013
Threadstarter  

thanks for all, will return to UK and give it a try but for a short term, would it be possible for me to add a cashplus account on paypal to withdraw the money to the account? I really need some cash to pay my supplier
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 69%

HSBC keep a record of your IP addresses plus where you use your account. I have a friend who works for them and their security is pretty good. Your bank account was probably closed due to the fact that your not in the UK anymore and doing so many international transfers+ no doubt the IP i'm guessing would have been in China? It is in HSBC's account that if you emigrate you should tell them, so in all fairness they haven't done anything wrong by closing your bank account.
As people said it's very risky doing things the way you plan. Your best bet would be to go with mycashplus in the UK
Old 03-31-2013
Threadstarter  

I used UK VPN everytime I access to the HSBC website, I was thinking the bank closure it caused by too much money wired transferred from that account? (200,000 GBP has been tranferred last year) if it is the case, how can I securely transfer a large amount money from bank account overseas?
Old 04-02-2013

Longevity: 66%

Since HSBC got hit heavy fines for KNOW laundering they have tightened up back office filters on all acc's.

So even some legit transfers can get caught up but I guess a credit check look at customer files is the norm and Business Acc's have this in place so banks can get instant info when a customer has a problem with Bankruptcy CCJ's ect.....If you have a business acc its best to keep it really clean and free from creditor flags ect

Oh and if like me you have rented your home out and the tenants have sent mail back with not known at this address or emigrated overseas then this gets onto your credit file and shows up in searches when you open a bank acc. It gets on credit file because someone sent mail back or informed credit agency. Tenants can be a nightmare and have more protection than the landlord these days.

Last edited by rio382; 04-02-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Closed Thread