Advertising own web site on ebay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Advertising own web site on ebay account

guys....apologies if im wasting ur time here....

couldnt find an answer to my question, which is:

ive been on ebay for a while now, selling bits and pieces etc.
but ive managed to find a good item to sell and want to carry on selling it on my own website, which is ready and waiting....

bearing in mind my eb accnt is stealth, can i safely add my own website address to my ebay account ME page, without risking my ebay and PP accounts?

for payment processing, i will be using google checkout/wallet, so PP problems shouldnt be a headache....

in a nutshell, all im planning in doing is to add something along the lines:

"Drop in to my website www.XXXX.com and look at my whole range of XXXX"

any comments would be useful.
rgds
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I know eB doesnt like referrals to outside sites for sales but I do see it on people's ME pages. But...that doesn't mean you might not get caught.

Probably worth waiting for other people's opinions - I would probably send a thank you e-mail to the buyer with that in my signature...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
gungadin (08-14-2013)
Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

I personally would have it in my email that is sent to them after the sale as been completed.

I have seen a number of people that have their domain name as their username though, but these are the massive massive sellers.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
gungadin (08-14-2013)
Old 08-13-2013

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungadin View Post
guys....apologies if im wasting ur time here....

couldnt find an answer to my question, which is:

ive been on ebay for a while now, selling bits and pieces etc.
but ive managed to find a good item to sell and want to carry on selling it on my own website, which is ready and waiting....

bearing in mind my eb accnt is stealth, can i safely add my own website address to my ebay account ME page, without risking my ebay and PP accounts?

for payment processing, i will be using google checkout/wallet, so PP problems shouldnt be a headache....

rgds
I find eBay better for traffic and maybe better to run a shop on eBay instead
The Following User Says Thank You to stevebills For This Useful Post:
gungadin (08-14-2013)
Old 08-13-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

Quote:

rgds
When shipping out merchandise, along with Thank You notes, I add a website or two to refer customers to sites that they may find to their liking.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuctionsDenied For This Useful Post:
gungadin (08-14-2013)
Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
can i safely add my own website address to my ebay account ME page, without risking my ebay and PP accounts?
No, you cannot do this! You run a major risk of being shut down. Having links to your websites is a major policy violation. Just Google "links policy on ebay" and read the section on what's restricted.

Ebay does not tolerate members that encourage buyers to buy from their own website outside of ebay. Kind of makes sense b/c you're basically using ebay's heavy traffic site to direct buyers to yours!

Here is a snipped of what is restricted. I put in bold what you wanted to do...which was put your website on your About Me page.

Restricted:
Links to your My World and About Me pages as long you don't use language that promotes non-eBay websites or items being sold outside of eBay

Links to Add to My Favorite Sellers and your Stores page, as long as you don't promote non-eBay websites or content where other items are offered for sale
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
gungadin (08-14-2013)
Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

rgds
And sign into your email to find your account is suspended.

This is so frowned upon by ebay.

Until your account is really flourishing, you keep links to off ebay sites well away from your account.

Consider having a shop and consider being business registered. Then you can take the next stop to trolling for your own site.

Do not blatantly advertise yourself yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
gungadin (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Default a warm thank you to you all!

well thank you very much, guys!

its fair to say that you may have prevented my hard-earned accnt from being suspended.

as i have said to one or two people who have PMd me about this, i shouldnt do, but in all honesty, i rely on this ONE accnt to put a bit of bread on my table...if it were to close, well, lets just say life would become a touch difficult to say the least, as i havent been able to find my line of work for over 4 yrs now.

i may have mentioned this before on here, but i was at one time, a powerseller on EB, making in excess of £30k a year, but for some unknown reason, one or two traders decided to make an example of me and my business by buying from me, then lamblasting me for no reason, even though my goods were impeccable...!

one of them, based in Australia, even threatened to "get my guys onto you to make sure your business goes down...and stays down where its supposed to be".....

of course, in due course they did the deed by making numerous complaints to EB and one fine day, in the week before Xmas, i got closed down....bang went my plans for my family etc and needless to say i had a miserable Xmas due to those people, whoever they were.

at that time, i never knew anything about how EB worked, stealth etc or whether there were idiots out there whose sole aim is to derail innocent people making a bit of bread for their families....in fact, to tell the truth, i opened up several EB and PP accnts after my suspension and all of them got closed down within days....and i never knew why!

at that time i was still working, but come the new year, i was dealt a double-whammy....i was kicked out of work too....as they say....trouble comes in threes!

anyway, that was a while ago, but thanks to all you very, very helpful guys here...i read as much as i reasonably could about stealth etc etc, even buying the book....at that time, i even had my suspicions about aspkin.com....i became so paranoid, that i was thinking maybe aspkin.com was somehow set up by EB or PP to spy on people who are using stealth methods etc!....but very gradually and carefully i dipped my toe back into EB and PP....touchwood im still there....

i dont blame EB or PP....as they say, if you want to play the game, you need to know of ALL the rules....!

thanks very much guys...and i'll put my violin away for now....

Last edited by gungadin; 08-14-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 74%

hi

What if we add our Fb Twitter or any social network profile and promote our web site from there ?

will it be an issue ?

thank you
Old 08-14-2013

I forget what page it is but your allowed to name your favourite top 3 websites 1 page away from your listing. just not on your main listing page.

Personally I would never mix the too, I would use email marketing and or contact my ebay customers direct with an incentive to visit your site.

it not good to mix the two, eby and your website, but if you must, use a ulr shorter and cover it with a banner, at least that way it might slide.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 08-14-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Never rely just on one account OP