eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   International Selling Restriction (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/64770-international-selling-restriction.html)

Geegee83 09-15-2013 12:48 PM

International Selling Restriction

I have a main account that has been hit with an international selling restriction due to me not closing 'item not received' cases (3 cases in 4 months) took me above the 0.30% allowed for USA.

I have another eBay account that will be linked to this main account, can I sell on there or is that a violation that could result in a ban?

It says I need to work on postage charges and communication. Postage is charged at cost for international items and I charge free postage on additional items purchased at the same time.

I should have rang ebay to explain I couldn't access the cases, but I didn't and now have this restriction.

The other account has no selling limits, linked to the same paypal and has all my authentic details.

Should I just leave it alone?

Here is the email:

Your seller performance is below standard under the eBay.com seller performance standards programme.

Because of this, you won't be permitted to list items on eBay sites other than United Kingdom and Ireland or to offer delivery to other countries until your performance improves.

This block does not affect your ability to sell in United Kingdom and Ireland.

Based on your ratings, we recommend that you focus on communicating promptly and professionally, and charging reasonable postage & packaging.

Communicating promptly and professionally
By keeping in touch with your buyers and maintaining a positive and professional tone, you can resolve many concerns before they become problems.
- Make sure that your listing doesn't discourage buyers from contacting you.
- Respond promptly to all questions or concerns.
- Update your buyers on the status of their purchases.

Learn more about improving your ratings with better communication.

Charging reasonable postage & packaging
In today's online market, buyers expect to pay actual postage costs or to get free P&P.
To meet buyers' expectations:
- Charge the least amount you can for postage, or offer free P&P.
- Once you've set your postage cost, stick to it. Don't add to or change any fees after setting them.

Get more tips on setting reasonable P&P fees.

These suggestions will help prepare you for successful international transactions once this block is removed.

You should also visit your Seller Dashboard often for specific details about your performance and areas you can improve.

Omgoozle 09-15-2013 06:56 PM

Re: International Selling Restriction

Wait so... what's your question?

Should you do anything?

Up2u.

Some people say that you should keep swinging until the lights go down...

Others say its not worth your time and effort.

Depends on how important this is to you, etc...

Geegee83 09-16-2013 02:33 AM

It my main 13,000 feedback, no limits account, so I guess it's not worth the risk.

Just didn't know if anyone had experience of it.

I read that people sometimes have 2 eBay linked to one paypal, so when the VeRo gets high on one, they switch to the other to let it cool off. I guess my question is, would the principle be the same for this account.

Omgoozle 09-16-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geegee83 (Post 486158)
I guess my question is, would the principle be the same for this account.

You're wrong.

The real question is: is it worth it?

I've never sold from the UK so I dont know how important international business is from there.

I guess it depends on how much of your business came from international shipments. How hard you're willing to fight, how risky the items are that you're selling, and what kind of lube eB decides it wants to use if/when it bends you over.

If 90% of those 13,000 feedbacks are from international buyers then yeah, it's probably worth it.

Another, more important question you should be asking yourself is: what can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

edit - I just realized that this is posted in the UK section, and I shouldn't even be posting here with advice as I have no pertinent experience. I just started using the "New Posts" feature to read up on the new stuff on these forums and kindve forgot that not all of everything here applies to my knowledge base. Sorry about that.

GreenBean 09-16-2013 03:15 AM

Was there any message with the limitation saying what you can or can not do?

:spy:

Geegee83 09-16-2013 03:21 AM

omgoozle, it's okay, your advice is still very relevant.

My International sales were about 30%, so quite a bit, but I'm strangely still getting sales. I think I got banned on ebay.com, but people are visiting .co.uk perhaps?

My error was simple and naive, I just didn't close some USA item not received cases. My silly mistake as I couldn't log into the cases from the email link and so just let eBay deal with it. We are talking about 3 cases in around 500 over a 4 month timescale, so I honestly didn't realise how strict the rules were. I don't genuine items that I make, mostly personalised stuff, so I'm not breaking any rules as such, just didn't stay above the seller requirements for the USA.

Funnily enough I'm a Top Rated Global seller apparently, and my UK and Europe cases are at 0% because I could easily log in and sort them out, eBay aren't interested in this excuse though and won't give me the benefit of the doubt, their choice.

GB - No message saying anything other than what I copied and pasted above, there was no MC019 or whatever the Vero one I had before was, nothing like that no.

Geegee83 09-16-2013 03:22 AM

The real question is: is it worth it?

You're very clever, and totally correct.

Is it worth it? Probably not if I lose my main account before the stealths have even started. :s

GreenBean 09-16-2013 04:16 AM

Then you have the nutshell response.....

First and foremost, protect a main account.

Sidenote: did you ever contact ebay regarding these suspensions?

:spy:

Geegee83 09-16-2013 04:34 AM

This is the first suspension I've had, apart from a couple of Vero items a while ago.

I did ring them and explain what had happened, that I couldn't log in to ebay.com, they actually admitted that there had been an issue with the links to the cases in the emails they had sent, but also said I should have contacted them about it.

I explained, all other areas, UK, EU are all fine and with no issues, and the problem was that I couldn't log into the case from the email.

Still, they didn't want to help.

Not sure how long the restriction will be, especially as I'm not selling as much now so it'll be even harder to raise the %.

Saying that, I'm still selling to Australia, Europe and even had a USA order last night, so all is not lost. When I try to list a new item it won't let me if I offer Worldwide postage.

I don't need to relist anything though, they are good to stay on there for a while.

Very odd treatment of me, as apart from these 3 cases I've been a perfect seller in a lot of ways. :s I'm still perplexed by it all and very nervous as this is my full time wage.

Geegee83 09-16-2013 04:36 AM

Also strange is that the 3 cases are from:

April, May, July.

But I've only been suspended for International trade since last week.

rsot 09-16-2013 05:14 AM

Doesnt seem at all strange that period of time - claims can come in whenever

Geegee83 09-16-2013 05:48 AM

Sorry, I meant that the restriction has only come about this month, when the last claim was in July.