PLEASE HELP!!! ebay buyer fraudulently opened case against me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-17-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default PLEASE HELP!!! ebay buyer fraudulently opened case against me

I sold my brand new, still in the box buggy and car seat on ebay. The day the buyer received my item she claimed that there was no sun canopy with it. I explained several times that it was hidden away in the car seat and provided her with a link on how to get it.

She still claimed that there was no sun canopy. I asked her to send me a photo and she didn't reply but she opened a case against me. She then claimed that there were parts missing from the chassis. I explained that this was not possible as it had been in a sealed box and the whole thing is just one piece anyway. She changed her mind then and said that there were no parts missing, that it was wobbly. I explained that this was a common fault if not clicked together properly and sent her a link to correct it. She didn't reply for a few days then.

When I contacted ebay and explain they mailed her contact information to me, but she still didn't reply. Today I have had a response from her but she just claims that it's "not right". No further explanation and ignoring my messages for photographic evidence. Any suggestions as to what I can do next?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!! ebay buyer fraudulently opened case against me

Request the item be returned and refund be given. It seems no matter how hard you try, you will not be able to please this customer.

Unfortunately, this is the cost of doing business - you will experience some buyers can never be pleased.

Request return - refund purchase - move on.
Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

All you can do is ask for the item to be returned, refund them when it is and move onto the next sale.

Make sure you also block them

Customers like this are just not worth the time.
Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Contact buyer

Ask for a return

Refund

Block

Move on

Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

All of the above responses are exactly correct.

We all get these buyers from time to time. It is just a part of doing business.

When it happens, we always want to reach out through the computer screen and choke the life out of these idiots. Luckily, we do not yet have the technology to do this.

For the health and well being of your account and your feedback, when this happens you have to press the "professional" button in your brain. Never argue with the buyer. You can't win anyway. Now the goal is damage control.

Instead of: That is impossible, the item is new and the sun visor is attached to the main item...

Try this: I'm sorry this happened. Can you double check this? The visor comes attached to the item, so it would be very unusual for it to be missing. It might be folded up, since it is retractable. If it IS missing, I would be willing to offer you a refund upon the return of the item...

Nobody likes refunds but they are a part of doing business online and keeping your accounts. eBay and Amazon don't like to see a seller arguing with a buyer. In the second example above, it is not argumentative , but it still gets your point across. It is also less likely to trigger a negative reaction from the buyer. You don't win people over by telling them they are wrong, or by insinuating that they are lying.

Taking the professional approach is not always easy - in fact it can be EXTREMELY difficult - but it always ends in a better result for your business. Remember, eBay and Amazon usually side with the buyer anyway unless the buyer just says "I changed my mind" and a scammer is not likely to be that stupid.
Old 09-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

whilst it is a pain for us as buyers, as a seller the returns policy in SNAD particularly for large items works in our favour.....alot of fussy buyers go quiet when they realise they have to pay to return, you may get bad feedback but often they will decide to keep item, as SNAD cases require it returned with tracking. If she does return it, then promptly refund and move on...

meanwhile I would never sell a fiddley thing like a buggy via post on ebay, I get that it was BNIB but I also know the issues that can come up. Collection only, I bought and will be selling my buggy via collection, I picked up from a very nice lady locally, designer one for fraction of price. Look up buggies they are going for good prices via collection only. Also childminders and grandparents want a spare buggy, big market....
Old 09-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Lot of good advice given - another point is that this case looks like a timesink...you will waste a lot of time (and money potentially) trying to win a case that really is tough.

Respond to the claim that buyer will return for refund - be prepared for a damaged item to come back (or even buyer to complain about having to pay to have it shipped back) - you may get a negative feedback (hopefully not) but take it up. Sell more items and more positive feedbacks to offset.

All the best.