eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Just Suspended.....AAAAAHHHHHHhhhh (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/66388-just-suspended-aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.html)

BIGdave 10-25-2013 04:07 PM

Just Suspended.....AAAAAHHHHHHhhhh

Hi guys, found this forum, which appears to be a god send !!!! Picked up a lot of useful tips already

I basically got suspended from selling indefinitely for "high risk selling" !?! having made 6 minor mistakes over 18 months on a business account (you know the usual, like saying "open to offers" but forgetting to tick the "best offers accepted" box......what a joke !!!!

Despite pleading my case, like I'm sort sort of criminal, those at ebay were not having any of it and didn't care about me or my case

So rather promptly I have duly set up another ebay account, linked to paypal etc and listed an item to test the water.....

24 hours later and it's still on there, going strong.....!?!?

Mr.SpongeBob 10-26-2013 07:23 AM

Re: Just Suspended.....AAAAAHHHHHHhhhh

Good Job Buddy

oompaloompa 10-26-2013 07:35 AM

you linked it to the same paypal as suspended eb had?

JamesNorth101 10-26-2013 07:37 AM

Did you follow all the stealth methods when creating this new EB?

jeffweico 10-26-2013 07:46 AM

I'm seeing the same issue as Oompa...

If you linked the new eBay account to the old PayPal account, then it will go down fairly soon.

When going stealth, EVERYTHING must be new.

GreenBean 10-26-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGdave (Post 497980)
So rather promptly I have duly set up another ebay account, linked to paypal etc and listed an item to test the water.....

24 hours later and it's still on there, going strong.....!?!?

What specific stealth steps did you take?

Expand there....

:heh:

rsot 10-26-2013 11:16 AM

Welcome to the forums.

@OP, you have linked the accounts...they may last a day, a week, a year...nothing is 100% but there is a RISK of being shutdown so that's why this is dangerous.

Lots to read about how stealth works. All the best.

BIGdave 10-26-2013 01:04 PM

Hi guys, basically I did a bit of a rush job, but feel it will be ok, least for the short term. Bit of trial an error, but so far so good, have listed to my current allowance £650. Not quite the same as my previous 25k allowance, but hey ho

So....

1) Got a pay as you go SIM card, not registered.... non attributable

2) Used my IPad for all of the following, as I believe it has a dynamic IP address. Switching the router on / off appears to change IP address. Same with my IPhone !!!. Didn't do it through the eBay app (deleted that) bit more fiddly but it's ok

3) I created a random hotmail account (using variation of my missus name plus some random numbers) Quoted the PAYG number and old address we used to live at

4) Then created new ebay account (used missus details, different surname and for good measure altered middle names around a bit)
-Used the old address of ours. Won't be ordering anything, so no worries re deliveries etc
What I'm selling is all cash on collection, so no returns either...bonus !
-Then cross referenced the PAYG mobile and hotmail account to tie it all in

5) Created new paypal account in my missus name and our old address again

6) Gave a joint bank account we use, and confirmed to verify

That's about it like.....

So my only concern was the joint bank account we use (has my name on) but can't imagine ebay and paypal will be able to get my bank to hand over these details !?!

Anyway, do let me know how this sound for my first go and hopefully my last and with a bit of luck can carry on and build it back up like before these asshole$ tried to give me a life sentence never to sell again !!!!

Let me know guys.....

GreenBean 10-28-2013 04:27 AM

Re: Newbie 1st Attempt Stealth.....Opinion

First error is rush job.

Pointless doing that. If you go slowly, create carefully your accounts last.

I will post your errors that might damage your account.

:juggle:

GreenBean 10-28-2013 04:30 AM

re-using old address info is a big no-no.

ebay/paypal cross reference and will pick up that address.

Idea of stealth is being a new you. Not mismash letters of a name and old info especially an address

For your internet usage, use ATOMIC WEB with the ipad & iphone. Offers another level of security.

I repeat, slow down. Stop rushing.

ilcarletto 10-28-2013 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 498465)
Not mismash letters of a name and old info especially an address

Greenie, sorry, but was also my understanding that, within certain limits, a mispelling or a middle name will do for PP/EB to not link...
Do you mean a completely different name and address is the best and only way?

rsot 10-28-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGdave (Post 498452)
So my only concern was the joint bank account we use (has my name on) but can't imagine ebay and paypal will be able to get my bank to hand over these details !?!

Rush job aside, pp can't get that bank info of yours unless you upload funds to them from the account itself or willingly give the name - learn proper stealth

GreenBean 10-28-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 498472)
Greenie, sorry, but was also my understanding that, within certain limits, a mispelling or a middle name will do for PP/EB to not link...
Do you mean a completely different name and address is the best and only way?

I mean to make an ideal, and therefore workable stealth account, no old info should never be used.

NoneOther 10-28-2013 06:35 AM

I doubt this will be your last attempt as setting up e/b and p/p accounts.

It is only a matter of time before there is a manual review or the bots flag it and you will likely lose both.

I have tried the very same thing and got 10 months use out of the set up until they went down as I knew they would.

The best advice for you now is to start creating more new e/b and p/p accounts that are not in any way shape or from linked to the dead or existing ones.

Good Luck

GreenBean 10-28-2013 06:59 AM

Avoid double posts on the same topic too.

:nono: