eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   FVF Credit for MC999 item... ? ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/67730-fvf-credit-mc999-item.html)

miyazaki 12-03-2013 09:53 AM

FVF Credit for MC999 item... ? ?

Hi all. I sold a vero item which got pulled after the item had ended. Now, one buyer wants a refund, which I am happy to give, but will I have to pay the extortionate final value fees??

I can't seem to be able to claim them back, seeing as the listing has been removed. Am I going to have to suck up the loss on this transaction? I realise it is a bit of a longshot getting the fees back, but they are quite a lot, and i've already made a loss on this item due to the refund.

Cheers

nyc 12-03-2013 10:19 AM

Re: FVF Credit for MC999 item... ? ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by miyazaki (Post 508288)
Hi all. I sold a vero item which got pulled after the item had ended. Now, one buyer wants a refund, which I am happy to give, but will I have to pay the extortionate final value fees??

I can't seem to be able to claim them back, seeing as the listing has been removed. Am I going to have to suck up the loss on this transaction? I realise it is a bit of a longshot getting the fees back, but they are quite a lot, and i've already made a loss on this item due to the refund.

Cheers

How can you give a refund when you said the item was removed?

Are you talking about a previous transaction?

ilcarletto 12-03-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Am I going to have to suck up the loss on this transaction?

I am afraid yes, you will lose your money.
EB doesn't want people selling vero items and is not willing to refund money that is not "legal" (forgive my poor english... nothing better comes to my mind)

This should keep VERO sellers away (...at least theiy think so).

miyazaki 12-03-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 508299)
I am afraid yes, you will lose your money.
EB doesn't want people selling vero items and is not willing to refund money that is not "legal" (forgive my poor english... nothing better comes to my mind)

This should keep VERO sellers away (...at least theiy think so).

hehe, not poor English at all... thanks a lot. It makes sense.

And nyc, I'm talking about a refund via Paypal.

Thanks for the response, fellas.

oompaloompa 12-03-2013 11:24 AM

you mean you cannot do an unpaid case because auction is removed...hmmm very convenient for ebay. contact ebay and tell them it is refunded and ask for fvf back, they may say yes. They have no right to keep it after a refund in fairness. An MC999 does not mean it is a phake, it means someone reported it as they 'think' it might be, why should you pay fvf for their unprovable decision ....(even though your goods are questionable, as you say haha)...in general the principle is wrong.

nyc 12-03-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miyazaki (Post 508317)
hehe, not poor English at all... thanks a lot. It makes sense.

And nyc, I'm talking about a refund via Paypal.

Thanks for the response, fellas.

I know it's about a refund but in the original post you should of stated that the FvF is regarding an item which already is sold and has been paid for rather then saying the FvF is about an item that was removed to vero.

If an item is removed by eb then there's no way there can be FVF on that item.

You can get your FvF back for the sold item by opening a cancel transaction request but you have to message the buyer first and give them a heads up on what your about to do because if you don't then the buyer will get nervous and leave you a negative.

When you go to open the cancel transaction request make sure to read everything to a tee because one wrong click will not get you your FvF back.

Make sure you contact the buyer FIRST!

oompaloompa 12-03-2013 11:48 AM

OP is indicating, it seems, that in MC999 situation you cannot open an unpaid case

miyazaki 12-03-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 508333)
OP is indicating, it seems, that in MC999 situation you cannot open an unpaid case

Exactly. The item number is invalid for claiming the fees back because the listing no longer exists.

NYC - the item was sold, therefore FVF apply. Then the listing was removed, like I stated.

And to address the 'it is an unproven decision,' it was in fact the rights owner who reported it (i'm assuming my buyer contacted the rights owner, or else how would they have found it?). So I don't know if I can play the 'well you can't prove it's a phake' card.

I could try... i might email them and ask for the fee money back, but they might laugh in my face. I'm already banned for 7 days and scared my acc will get perma banned. I'm like 15 transactions away from power seller status, and I'm aware they can strike me off whenever they feel like it. :s

GoteBay 12-03-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Cheers

Issue the refund. Call eBay, they have access to your PayPal account and will see that you issued the refund.

If you go to your seller accounts/invoice, that item is still listed there. eBay will reimburse you the charges.

I hope this makes sense.

rsot 12-03-2013 12:55 PM

@miyazaki, if the listing got removed...I just want to clarify - did you look at your seller history page and see the fees for the auction? I have had listings ended before with a FVF assessed...

If you are already on a 7 day ban, I would not call/e-mail eB right now...

isitworththestress 12-04-2013 07:42 AM

By everything you say I would just take the hit and loose the FVF and enjoy being a power seller

miyazaki 12-05-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 508356)
@miyazaki, if the listing got removed...I just want to clarify - did you look at your seller history page and see the fees for the auction? I have had listings ended before with a FVF assessed...

If you are already on a 7 day ban, I would not call/e-mail eB right now...

I looked at my seller history and the listing is there - I can see the final value fee.

Update on the situation: The seller said he appreciated my honesty and only wants a partial refund, which is good! At least I don't have to worry about losing any money. I should be a top rated seller soon, yay!

Thanks for all the replies people, much appreciated.

miyazaki 12-19-2013 01:43 PM

Thought I'd update this situation in-case it helps someone out.
Another buyer asked me for a refund, so I have had to give out 2 partial refunds, totalling £280.

I just spoke to eBay customer support, and they refunded the total combined value fees of £45 (£17 more than I should have got!). So yeah, if anyone finds themselves in this situation, don't hesitate to contact eBay. I'm still banned (i got another MC999 warning for the same item I sold months prior, annoyingly..) so that didn't affect anything. They refunded me without any fuss. Now fingers crossed, i'll be a Top Rated seller tomorrow, but i'm unsure what my account standing will be. We'll see..