Entropay verification code trouble - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Entropay verification code trouble

this sounds silly but im having trouble getting the verification code from entropay im with natwest bank ive checked my online statement and paper statement and both just say www.entropay.com no code no nothing ive just got them to resend it could anyone help me out !? would i be better off using a card with from a different bank cos ive got a couple
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Entropay verification code trouble

Its a know issue. Talk to EntroPay and they should be able to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Josty (12-16-2013)
Old 12-16-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to rama

yeah, usually takes them a few hours to get back to you and help fix that
Old 01-08-2014

Longevity: 59%

I've got the same problem using Barclaycard. Code is nowhere on the printed or online statement, just www.entropay.com and their stupid Indian call centre won't give me any codes for "security reasons" and say "contact the merchant"!
Even tried through the secure online contact after logging into the CC account and same result.

Entropay customer support keep repeating the same old thing. They're useless and have made no attempt to sort this out even after more than 2 weeks since registration! I've repeatedly asked them if I can use the account for the amount that's been loaded onto it from my CC but they haven't replied. The VCC doesn't appear to work yet but it's hard to tell what the problem is.

So now my money is in limbo, CC has been charged (including the £1 they charge for the code) and the credit shows in the VCC but I can't spend it or get it back!
Old 01-09-2014

Longevity: 60%

I have the same thing with my NatWest account. It seems the code only stays there while the payment is pending. Once it hits he account and statement it is wiped off. This is according to Nat West. Entropay went through repeating the same thing about it showing up and I think finally someone actually read what I had been writing and they said I can send a scan of the bank statement which shows the £1 payment but I am waiting on the paper statement as they need my address on it and this does not show in online banking.
Old 07-31-2014

Longevity: 60%
Send a message via AIM to Octopus Prime

Any of you geniuses manage to get this out yet??
Old 07-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

This seems to happen a lot with entropay
You have to phone your banks and get the approval code / authorisation code for the transaction.
Then you need to message entropay with that code and they will mainly verify your card.
Old 11-05-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
This seems to happen a lot with entropay
You have to phone your banks and get the approval code / authorisation code for the transaction.
Then you need to message entropay with that code and they will mainly verify your card.
Clearly there is something going on with Entropay because I still have not got that code from then on my online bank statement with Barclays and this is November now so things have not improved by the look of it since this thread was last commented on in July! Their online site has been having problems as well with it not accessible at times, my situation started with them when they took the £1 from my bank on 31st October, ringing my bank doesn't help either with them telling me the code has not been received from entropay with only the £1 debit showing
Old 11-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Yes it ia problem most people get where the code doesnt show up. No point calling the bank asking for the code on the description because they see what you see.

This is why you ask for the payment approval code.. which is the code they get when they take the funds from you and give it to entropay.

That code needs to be given to entropay if you cant get the other one the normal way.
Old 11-05-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Yes it ia problem most people get where the code doesnt show up. No point calling the bank asking for the code on the description because they see what you see.

This is why you ask for the payment approval code.. which is the code they get when they take the funds from you and give it to entropay.

That code needs to be given to entropay if you cant get the other one the normal way.
Just tried that one Bunneh and it didn't work, bank has absolutely no code number attached to that £1 debit fro Entropay, they said unless a specific code like the ones from paypal when they make a first payment to a new user's account, is given then they never have codes with transactions and the only people who would have it are Entropay themselves!