eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Complication with paypal limits (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/68250-complication-paypal-limits.html)

blackhole 12-17-2013 07:38 AM

Complication with paypal limits

Hi all,
I do have I think problem which cannot be solved but I give it a try to ask.
I lived in the uk for about 5 years. I´ve left UK back to my country (Slovakia) for some time (I will not come back earlier then maybe in half a year or so). Recently I started selling non-physical goods and I almost reached the limit on the account. Now paypal ask me to verify the account. What can I do now? I mean I still have my bank account in the uk and the paypal account was created while I was in the uk but have can I verify it now? I can send them my ID card but I cannot proof the address.

What I need to know is:

1. shall I ask my bank to post me (to the UK address) my bank statement and my friend living at the address will send me this statement so I can subsequently send (upload) it to paypal with my ID card? Will this be enough for paypal to verify my account? Or what else will paypal ask me to send them? (another important info is that before I left the UK there were some elections and I had to fill up the form and send it so credit reference companies probably keep the record of my address different than the one linked to my bank account as before I left I changed it to friends address so if paypal will use any of these companies it can make more confusion)

2. or shall I give them my address in Slovakia where I live at the moment despite the bank details linked with my paypal account are in the UK ? (there is another problem..I have no proof of the address in Slovakia as I do not pay any bills and do not have bank account in Slovakia either as I intend to come back to the UK)

3. or what are other options as I would like to continue selling. (I saw I can buy verified paypal account???? How does it work? Is it safe?

Thank you

JamesNorth101 12-17-2013 03:05 PM

Re: Complication with paypal limits

First off your flag needs to match your country. If you are not in the UK, then your flag should not be the British flag. Makes answering questions easier.

If you can, send them a UK government issues ID, a proof of address (your plan would work, so long as your address matches your PayPal and eBay address)

What are you using for an IP address?

GreenBean 12-18-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackhole (Post 512199)
3. or what are other options as I would like to continue selling. (I saw I can buy verified paypal account???? How does it work? Is it safe?

Thank you

To get your limits lifted you have to give paypal documents that match the name and address of the account. ( drving licence & utility bill). Nothing else works. You can not use out of country ID.

There is a little hope though..... you could consider stopping selling on this account to let the limits reset.

Then when you return to the UK, you could consider submitting everything then.

I would not suggest buying another paypal to attach to this account. Limits will apply again & you are nearly in the same situation.

blackhole 12-18-2013 09:59 AM

thank you for the answer

I quite not understand why I wouldnt be able to use my ID card or driving license issued not in the UK. I used this ID card to create bank account in the UK(and everything else as it is like EU passport) and driving license for driving in the UK(its legal. I just needed to get UK paper counterpart which I got). I live in the EU as my country is in and lived and worked in the UK. I see no reason why my ID card or EU driving licence would not be OK. If I am in the UK or not I have no other identity document. I will more than happy if somebody can explain.

Also you want to say that utility bills will be OK but bank statement will not ?? Are you sure about this?

Will the limits be reset if I already got the message saying I must lift the limits and I have (I think about) 132 days to do it. It says otherwise my account will be restricted. I still didnt go over the 1900 GBP limit but anyway they asked me to do it. I am over 1650 GBP.

I meant to buy paypal stealth account and use it instead of the one I use now but with existing ebay account.

oompaloompa 12-18-2013 02:06 PM

you can use out of country passport and in country utility or bank statement.

limits are not reset if you already received the 1900 message.

blackhole 12-18-2013 03:39 PM

Thanks.
My fiancee has her own ebay account and own paypal account. they were both created in the UK and are linked to the UK bank account. At the moment there is 0 received money from selling. May I temporary attach her paypal account to my ebay account and continue selling till it will reach £1650 ?

1. Is there any possibility this will cause any trouble?
2. Is it ok that both these accounts are "basic" and not bussines paypal accounts?(may I attach 2 basic paypal accounts from two different people to one ebay account?)
3. What will happen to my paypal account if I will not prove the details they asked me till the 130 days period will expire?(I came back home because my mother is very ill so she need my help thus I do not know how long I will stay...)
4. What exactly this paypal restriction means and will it affect my fiancees paypal account as well if I will attach it to my ebay account?
5. ..and still didnt get the answer on question: can I buy paypal stealth account and attach it to my existing ebay account and continue selling?
Thank you

oompaloompa 12-19-2013 05:59 AM

do not attach her paypal to your ebay. If her pp is good let it stay that way, keep seperate.

2 eb to 1 paypal is fine, in fact you can do alot more. But do not do it from different people, all must match to go smooth.

if you do not provide the info they want, your pp will remain limited, I do not know the outcome if you are late with the info, suppose it is at their discretion.

the issue is not about the 1900 for your fiancee acc, it is that you do not want to mess it up for no reason, do not attach it. If you attach it yes in theory you can keep selling, but there is a risk, we cannot say at what point they will notice it, or if they will. The fact that they are not matching or the simple fact that any changes/disconnections/attaching is flagged means it could be straight away.

buying a new paypal, well it is better than adding fiancees, if you want to try, then do so, having read the risks above. The best solution is play their game and provide the info they ask, no flags raised.

I have heard success and failure stories on forum for people adding mismatched details and even mismatched country pairings for eb/pp...in theory you can do it, but it has a higher chance of failure.

blackhole 12-19-2013 02:07 PM

So I just did it..
I confirmed everything they asked me to confirm. DOB, address and clicked "submit". Took less then 30 sek to confirm that my limits are lifted. :confused: Is that all? They didnt asked me anything more. No ID card, no bill, nothing.. I cannot see button "view limits" anymore but there is still written "personal" account. What doest it all mean? I have no buying, selling limits but still personal account? Is that possible?

oompaloompa 12-21-2013 09:30 AM

used to be that personal is what you got initially and you just upgrade with one click to premier, see if you can find a way of upgrading.

it means you must have been matched on public records...

rsot 12-21-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackhole (Post 512537)
Thanks.
My fiancee has her own ebay account and own paypal account. they were both created in the UK and are linked to the UK bank account. At the moment there is 0 received money from selling. May I temporary attach her paypal account to my ebay account and continue selling till it will reach £1650 ?

1. Is there any possibility this will cause any trouble?
2. Is it ok that both these accounts are "basic" and not bussines paypal accounts?(may I attach 2 basic paypal accounts from two different people to one ebay account?)
3. What will happen to my paypal account if I will not prove the details they asked me till the 130 days period will expire?(I came back home because my mother is very ill so she need my help thus I do not know how long I will stay...)
4. What exactly this paypal restriction means and will it affect my fiancees paypal account as well if I will attach it to my ebay account?
5. ..and still didnt get the answer on question: can I buy paypal stealth account and attach it to my existing ebay account and continue selling?
Thank you

You cant attach her pp account 'temporarily" - that will cause a link and possible big problems later.

2. It is not ok.

3. After 180 days you should be able to withdraw funds to your bank - pp account will remain limited.

4. Will end both accounts

5. Adding a pp to an eB account that ALREADY has a blocked pp creates a link to the new pp and COULD cause it to be limited