Entropay and anonymity questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Entropay and anonymity questions

Hi, struggling to get to grips with the wealth of information in here and have a couple of quick questions!

I am in the UK and have been reading about Entropay. I want to open totally anonymous eBay and PP accounts and Entropay seems the way to go, but :

i) Can your Entropay account be funded by an anonymous gift cards (I was thinking about a Prime Card that has not been registered or ungraded to accept reloads, so no ID has been supplied), thereby keeping the funding of Entropay completely anonymous? and
ii) What do you do when it comes to entering a passport/driving licence number in the Entropay application? Would a false number (eg a real number with a few digits changed) go through or are the numbers you give checked somehow?

I have spent hours on these forums and don’t think these points have been answered, but apologies in advance if they have. Thanks.

Last edited by pward33; 09-06-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typo
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

NO. entropay wants ID. What you do is use your real ID, debit or credit card make the entropay account. Then you can make as many virtual accounts in your choice of name.....
Old 09-06-2008

Longevity: 93%

You shouldn't be using any false information to open an entropay account, why do you need to do this?, and to have your limitations removed you must provide entropay real id.
Old 09-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks both. Thought that would be the case. Sounds like the numerous virtual accounts will do the job just fine. Digitaliz, I was just being over-cautious I think; trying to avoid any "paper trail" in the unlikely event that my business ideas ever take off to the point that the taxman's attention is drawn!!
Old 09-08-2008

You're right to be cautious but you have to remember entropay is a financial institution akin to a bank, so no way they will allow you to open multiple virtual cards without seeing some id, but once this step has been completed, they won't bother you again.
Old 09-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Fair comment digitaliz, looking forward to putting them to the test.
Old 09-10-2008

a friend told me that eby and pp know of the entropay numbers as the first 4 digits give it away to them. Would entropay ever give eby or pp the name /address of real account holder especially if you avoid paying eby fees?
Old 09-11-2008

they cant because data protection act within the uk. For not paying fees they probably would be able to if they really wanted to but for the amount of time and effort and for your fees then theres the smallest of chances they would ever share the info
Old 09-11-2008

Ebay can only chase you up for payment with the information they have, if none of the information on file points to the real you, then you're most likely in the clear, but it also depends on how much you stuff them for.

Paypal can be a little more aggressive in seeking you out, but again if you can't be traced, you can't be traced.
Old 09-12-2008

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward33 View Post
Hi, struggling to get to grips with the wealth of information in here and have a couple of quick questions!

I am in the UK and have been reading about Entropay. I want to open totally anonymous eBay and PP accounts and Entropay seems the way to go, but :

i) Can your Entropay account be funded by an anonymous gift cards (I was thinking about a Prime Card that has not been registered or ungraded to accept reloads, so no ID has been supplied), thereby keeping the funding of Entropay completely anonymous? and
ii) What do you do when it comes to entering a passport/driving licence number in the Entropay application? Would a false number (eg a real number with a few digits changed) go through or are the numbers you give checked somehow?

I have spent hours on these forums and don’t think these points have been answered, but apologies in advance if they have. Thanks.
I used to use entropay and entered anything to the passport number. however the last time i used it they held my account and asked for proof of Id address and the copy of the credit card. Before i had opened on my friends name but using my credit card, they held the account until i faxed them copy of Id for my friend, copy of the credit card, and when they arealised that the names on the credit card and the account were different they wanted to know why and sent me a consent form for the owner of the credit card to sign. in each cases i have been able to verify my ebay and paypal accounts.
Old 09-16-2008

Magero, entropay are a financial instution like a bank, and you should never provide false or someone else's details to them, this is fraud, and yes entropay do want to see some id before they let you open multiple visa cards but once you have verified your identity you're good to go.
Old 09-24-2008

Longevity: 91%

have Entropay Address Verification System?
Old 09-24-2008

i know this might be a stupid question but do you have to top the card up to be able to verify your ebay / pp accounts....

because ive set up a entropay account, and have a card, but it asks for a minimum top up of £10..... but if your just using it for verification, do you really need to put money on it????
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrav View Post
have Entropay Address Verification System?
Yes. You use your own credit or debit card to create the account with entropay therefore the address supplied should be valid.

Last edited by GreenBean; 09-24-2008 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

mangler, the card must be loaded with funds to work. Think of it this way, if spending 10
quid gets you back up and selling where is the problem?
Old 09-24-2008

no i didnt say there was a problem i just wondered if they worked without funds on them thats all

and you can create as many as you want of this site yeah???
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Wink

Just some poms are tight and have not loaded any funds on the cards. Then come here to the forum to moan

What you do is create an entropay account with one funding source, then you
can have as many 'virtual' cards as you want....if you get my drift
Old 09-24-2008

sweet

thats where im @ in my stage to getting back on ebay its all good........

so effectively i can verify a few ebay account with these..... but with PP you cant right???
Old 09-24-2008

Longevity: 91%

They way they verify that the card numbers are legit is that they charge a small fee to the card. If there are no funds on the card, then the charge is rejected. After a short period of time, the funds that were charged to the card are returned to the cards balance.
Old 09-25-2008

im having a nightmare here with these entropay cards

they wont let me add any funds to them its doing my head in..... it keeps saying no issue number on the card im trying to load from, so i update the source card details, save them and bam!! the stupid system say's the same thing, its winding me up big time!!!

is there any other vcc's companys out there???
Old 10-10-2008

Longevity: 94%

I cant upload to Entropay using my debit card for some reason. Are there any other VCC's I could use to have 2 or 3 cards on 1 account?
Old 10-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

What debit card did you use?