eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   what questions is Ebay likely to ask when asking for selling limit allowance? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/70911-what-questions-ebay-likely-ask-when-asking-selling-limit-allowance.html)

mcrotary69 03-02-2014 06:04 PM

what questions is Ebay likely to ask when asking for selling limit allowance?

Hi guys I am new to the forum and I do own a store on Ebay. I am currnelty looking to increase my selling limit as I currently have a limit of 300 items every month but I sell 300 in about a week and half to 2 weeks which leaves me waiting for 2 weeks until I receive a fresh allowance from ebay every new month.

I clicked on request selling allowance link on ebay and it requested for me to call ebay support. I buy and sell non branded items from a China supplier and wondering what type of questions would I be asked by ebay when i give them a ring?

Thing is my account went below standard for a couple of months and managed to get it back to standard for about 2 months now and am worried this might go against me. I am also worried fact that my goods are unbranded will cAuse ebay to close my account/store .

has anyone experienced this?

Or has anyone contacted ebay for selling limit extension? If so what sort of questions do they ask?

Thanks

zg00020 03-03-2014 01:46 PM

Re: what questions is Ebay likely to ask when asking for selling limit allowance?

Don't call them, they can suspend you very quickly for no reason, learn stealth and get a few stealth accounts running and spread your goods between them if you want to sell more, your selling limits will grow over time organically. Best of luck!

JamesNorth101 03-03-2014 01:48 PM

Re: what questions is Ebay likely to ask when asking for selling limit allowance?

If you need to sell more items then you are best of creating new stealths.

Calling eBay should be avoided whenever possible.

mcrotary69 03-06-2014 09:37 AM

Thanks for the advise guys. yes I kinda had that feeling I might be suspended as I went below standard for a good 4 months and worked hard to get my standard back to normal again. how do I go stealth and what will this involve? Thanks again

Karakolio 03-08-2014 03:53 AM

Quote:

how do I go stealth and what will this involve? Thanks again
Read the stealth guide and the forum.

zg00020 03-10-2014 07:52 AM

1.Stealth Guide
2.Read Forum and ask questions

stevebills 03-10-2014 02:49 PM

I opened 4 stealths accounts and nurse them selling bits and bobs for a few months and build them up slowly and be-careful if u r buying giffgaff 1p sims for feedback as they don't like it

mcrotary69 03-11-2014 04:26 AM

Thanks guys will read the stealth guide and see how it goes. will ask questions along the way. Thanks again

missinglink 03-11-2014 03:23 PM

no they do not suspend you if you call unless there is an issue with your account anyways, but they might ask for id and invoices etc.

jai 03-11-2014 03:40 PM

stealth guide will help you but first read the forums as much as possible and start learning

Stigger 03-11-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinglink (Post 536132)
no they do not suspend you if you call unless there is an issue with your account anyways, but they might ask for id and invoices etc.

yes they can and do and as stated, very quickly.

zg00020 03-12-2014 05:17 PM

Totally agree with Stigger!!! The rule is simple DON'T CALL!

mcrotary69 03-13-2014 05:08 AM

silly question but why would ebay have a customer support line but might punish/suspend customers when they call to ask for an extension? what is the reason for this?

rsot 03-13-2014 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrotary69 (Post 536552)
silly question but why would ebay have a customer support line but might punish/suspend customers when they call to ask for an extension? what is the reason for this?

Not every call punishes or suspends customers...seriously...not everyone calls with the risky request of increasing limits.

Some call just to complain :FF:

Buyers can also call in to customer support...remember that

GreenBean 03-13-2014 05:16 AM

Quote:

Are you that new to ebay?

They pretend to offer customer service.

They like to fool sellers.

Belonging here will help you learn to beat ebay in the long term.

Consider making more accounts and not risking calling in.

Good Luck

mcrotary69 03-14-2014 09:25 AM

well I have been a member since 2010 but have just recently been trading on it more the past year and half and so far so good until I got hit with low DSR which knocked my down for almost 5 months but all recovered now and business seems to be picking up gradually but I seem to max out my allocated selling limit within 2 weeks but will hold off from calling them and as others have advised let the limits grow naturally. will def start creating more accounts instead of putting all eggs in one basket as my granma says.

rsot 03-14-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrotary69 (Post 536845)
well I have been a member since 2010 but have just recently been trading on it more the past year and half and so far so good until I got hit with low DSR which knocked my down for almost 5 months but all recovered now and business seems to be picking up gradually but I seem to max out my allocated selling limit within 2 weeks but will hold off from calling them and as others have advised let the limits grow naturally. will def start creating more accounts instead of putting all eggs in one basket as my granma says.

Good approach - vary your listings too AND different pictures /nod

Ebayance 03-14-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Calling ebay engages ebay operatives to manually look at your account and they have the power to manually trigger suspension for no reason at all, let alone finding anything suspicious. Listen to what the forum is saying. NEVER call ebay as a seller.

Ebayance 03-14-2014 04:43 PM

Getting to end of first month selling on new account I decide to see what happens if I request higher limits to see if I can get 25. I get this message
To sell more on eBay, confirm your bank account in PayPal.
Here's how it works
1. Sign in to PayPal, or create a PayPal account if you don't already have one.
2. Enter your bank account information on PayPal if you haven't already.
3. Follow the steps provided to confirm your bank account.
By clicking Continue you agree to share your bank account information with PayPal.

I didn't proceed obviously.

Bank account is verified, entropay VCC added as funded source. What does confirm bank account involve? There is nothing left to do in my tasks list in PP. Is this new from ebay?