A couple of Questions.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-29-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default A couple of Questions....

I apologise if any of these questions have already been asked.

and yes, i have used the search function many times but still could not find the answer.

Okay so:

I have set up bank accounts and had the ebay account suspended before i sold anything (i think it's because i began listing too quickly - lesson learnt), so if i was to shut this account down it will obviously look bad from the bank's point of view so, if i set up a paypal account with an entropay credit card and used this with ebay too, waited a month then begin selling items, would this be a good idea? (before adding a bank account)

if the account begins to bring in money, i will then add a bank account?

Secondly, I read all over the forum that opening bank accounts is fine, however, there should be "space" in terms of time between opening up bank accounts.

How much time is this?

is 3 days between each bank account enough?

is a week?, a day?

Lastly, What type of accounts do you guys open?

I simply went into the bank and asked them to open an account "which allows me to put money in, and take money out, nothing fancy"

should i be asking for a particular type of account?

i walked into Barclays a couple of days ago and they said their was no such account as that, and that i could only open a current account which would require my salary etc to go into it???!?!

As you may have already figured I'm new to all this stealthy stuff, but not new to eBay, and I'm also not dumb, i just want to get everything right..

I appreciate your help,

Thank You.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2014

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: A couple of Questions....

You have to have a bank account in the Uk for a seller account or they do not allow you to sell.

Look through recent posts there is a link to halifax easycash in one of them, which will work a treat. And you can do it online.

Try open a second account with the bank you already have and you may get another one.
The time between them is dependent on the account you are opening, if you are opening currant accounts then months. Savings accounts days or even hours with some. Easy accounts I try to keep them a month or two apart.

Most banks have a bottom line account that is easier to get and a lot of them you can do online. Most banks have some form of online saver.

The only one I know of that most say you should avoid is Lloyds
The Following User Says Thank You to isitworththestress For This Useful Post:
Emaandar (08-29-2014)
Old 08-29-2014

Longevity: 59%

Well, I do not know about U.K banking system/rule. But in the U.S you ca simply open any checking/saving account and instantly ad to Pp w/o any problem. You do not even have to give it a time frame or anything.

Try to open any reg. acc. and just ad to PP, I think you should be fine with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to shani1212 For This Useful Post:
Emaandar (08-29-2014)
Old 08-29-2014

Longevity: 77%

Look to open BASIC accounts and avoid current accounts. Current accounts will require a full credit check to be opened successfully, as they offer an overdraft facility which is classed as lending.

Basic accounts which can be opened with Halifax, Barclays, HSBC, Santander, Nationwide, RBS, Natwest - they all have a basic account option.

Halifax Easycash or the Natwest Basic account is a good starting point.

Open accounts slowly, do NOT open 3 or 4 within a week, this isn't good practise.

The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
Emaandar (08-29-2014)
Old 08-29-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Hi some members suggested here to link a vba first so if incase the account gets suspended after few days they dont waste a real bank account, and they only add a real bank account if the seller account is already stable. Havent tried it, but i think it's a good idea. ��
Old 08-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by viatos View Post
Hi some members suggested here to link a vba first so if incase the account gets suspended after few days they dont waste a real bank account, and they only add a real bank account if the seller account is already stable.
I believe VBA's aren't possible for UK eBayers...