eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Ebay case closed wrongly in buyers favour. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/80078-ebay-case-closed-wrongly-buyers-favour.html)

lamont 11-27-2014 06:09 PM

Ebay case closed wrongly in buyers favour.

Hi,

A buyer made a return request which I accepted, the buyer uploaded a tracking number which showed it was posted but I never received the item back, presumed lost by royal mail. The buyer today escalated the return to ebay as I hadn't refunded them and ebay closed it within 5 mins in the buyers favour and refunded them leaving me without the item and a negative paypal balance. I am trying to appeal the case as it was a £150 item but the only way seems to be by ringing them. As it is a stealth account I would rather not do this. Has anyone got any direct email addresses to contact ebay, especially the appeals department? Ive tried chat but they just keep telling me to ring.

Thanks

JamesNorth101 11-27-2014 06:11 PM

Re: Ebay case closed wrongly in buyers favour.

Really your best option is to ring in this case.

Make sure you have all your stealth details to hand and you will be fine.

slokor 11-27-2014 06:47 PM

Be aware that at this point your chance of winning this appeal are minimal...
ebay almost always sides with the buyer - especially if he can prove that he sent out the item as agreed on.

ooooo.halo 11-27-2014 06:54 PM

Have you plugged the tracking number yourself to see what it says on its whereabouts.
Can you not take this up with postal service and see what they say....and even to see whether tracking number is legit and not just a random set of digits by buyer who might not have sent anything.
I had a similar situation a couple of years ago and i fought to track a parcel. Ebay still redunded the buyer and i received my money back that was held so we kind of both won. Bizarrely a couple of days later, parcel arrived at destination which was signed for. So that buyer was no doubt over the moon to have been refunded plus got the item too

jeffweico 11-27-2014 07:55 PM

I agree. I would see what Royal Mail says about this. But eBay DOES usually side with the buyers. You may have to process it as a loss and move on.

lamont 11-28-2014 04:12 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. The tracking number is for royal mail signed for not special delivery so once it shows as posted it doesnt track until delivered. Me and the buyer had both spoke to royalmail numerous times and it was presumed lost. The buyer should have sent via special delivery as the item was worth £150 so cannot claim through them. The buyer has now also left me my first negative feedback saying i sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods which is quite annoying as I had tried to help the buyer at every step.

Is there a list of email addresses for ebay like there is for paypal? I have done a few searches but cannot find anything.

Thanks again for your help everyone.

eternity4u 11-28-2014 06:10 AM

Royal Mail won't reimburse you because Recorded Delivery only gurantee items up to £35.00

Always send items special delivery or with a courier that covers insurance for lost items

lamont 11-28-2014 09:29 AM

I did send it to the buyer via special delivery but they returned it via recorded delivery.

rsot 11-28-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamont (Post 613344)
I did send it to the buyer via special delivery but they returned it via recorded delivery.

You provided this proof to PP?

stevebills 11-29-2014 08:19 AM

A hard one this but maybe next time offer to pay the buyer for special delivery if its very high value