Using mothers paypal, is it possible? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Using mothers paypal, is it possible?

I am looking to start up a business on eBay selling %110 legit items and don't want to have to jump through a million hoops to have access to my money by going completely stealth.

My question is can my mother setup a paypal, get it verified with her info including bank etc then can I go ahead and use it freely without getting linked if I use a dongle / phone?

The only risky part I see in this is that I am linked to her address but so long as I don't use any of my details or login on my ip I should be ok right?

Look forward to your replies, thanks,

Ryan.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Using mothers paypal, is it possible?

Accessing money from a stealth is no harder than from a non stealth account.

Really need to avoid using other peoples information. It leads to complications.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
realdeals (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014

Longevity: 55%

Is it just me or is this weekend full of people wanting to use family or friends info?
Have eb/pp got.an offer on or something. Use your familys info and get your first order half price

Seriously though, dont use familys or friends info. Relatively easy to make your own account and avoid risking someone elses account or good name :-)
realdeals (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014

If she has given you 'permission' for using her details in full,and then use a phone /dongle then it could become a good, solid account, as it could pass many checks.....if she has no previous ebay/pp history.

However.....have you considered the tax/pension implications she may suffer by doing this for you?????
Old 12-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
If she has given you 'permission' for using her details in full,and then use a phone /dongle then it could become a good, solid account, as it could pass many checks.....if she has no previous ebay/pp history.

However.....have you considered the tax/pension implications she may suffer by doing this for you?????
And what happens if account gets suspended?? She would never be able to join again in her real details.
If i were to ask my mum if i could use her details she would of course say yes. But if she later went to get her own account and couldnt and i didnt tell her i had gotton suspended, she would be beyond furious with me. Family member needs to be fully aware of this scenario.
A good solid account can come from making your own account. Why is there a need to use someone elses details.

Last edited by ooooo.halo; 12-28-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryant71 View Post
I am looking to start up a business on eBay selling %110 legit items and don't want to have to jump through a million hoops to have access to my money by going completely stealth.
TBH....stealth is not a case of jumping through hoops, if you have nice, fresh bank accounts then it wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to set up an eb and pp account.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
And what happens if account gets suspended?? She would never be able to join again in her real details.
If i were to ask my mum if i could use her details she would of course say yes. But if she later went to get her own account and couldnt and i didnt tell her i had gotton suspended, she would be beyond furious with me. Family member needs to be fully aware of this scenario.
A good solid account can come from making your own account. Why is there a need to use someone elses details.
Of course darling, which is why I inverted '....' around permission,

Personally, I do not think you can do things half hearted......the only way to go stealth, is by going total stealth.

What I would say is.......IF YOU HAVE PERMISSION.....and that person has no eb or pp history, then under the new rules........it could be a way around the system, but technically it wouldnt be a stealth.

You may as well just set up a co. with those as directers etc,,?

It most certainly will not be a route I will take with the new rules......but can see why some may do it.

My thoughts would be how would you then on 'that' system be able to get 5, 10, 20 accounts?
Old 12-28-2014

Quote:
Of course darling, which is why I inverted '....' around permission,

Personally, I do not think you can do things half hearted......the only way to go stealth, is by going total stealth.

What I would say is.......IF YOU HAVE PERMISSION.....and that person has no eb or pp history, then under the new rules........it could be a way around the system, but technically it wouldnt be a stealth.

You may as well just set up a co. with those as directers etc,,?

It most certainly will not be a route I will take with the new rules......but can see why some may do it.

My thoughts would be how would you then on 'that' system be able to get 5, 10, 20 accounts?
Totally agree about what your saying about new rules and a way of getting round the system. Weve all been there in the beginning with real details and got suspended and thats why we are here finding another way to sell.
Im not a.long term member but im pretty sure that the senior members will say that there have been hurdles in the past, theyve got their heads together, then found a way to beat them again.
Im confident that these guys and.gals on here will find a way through the next step of hurdles coz they are good at what they do and they will persevere till they find a solution. I take my hat off to them.
GB for example must have been here at least 7 years and has.probably seen and overcome a lot of changes as others have :-).
realdeals (12-28-2014)
Old 12-28-2014

Quote:
Totally agree about what your saying about new rules and a way of getting round the system. Weve all been there in the beginning with real details and got suspended and thats why we are here finding another way to sell.
Im not a.long term member but im pretty sure that the senior members will say that there have been hurdles in the past, theyve got their heads together, then found a way to beat them again.
Im confident that these guys and.gals on here will find a way through the next step of hurdles coz they are good at what they do and they will persevere till they find a solution. I take my hat off to them.
GB for example must have been here at least 7 years and has.probably seen and overcome a lot of changes as others have :-).
This is most definitley a time where our community can learn and grow together.

P.S I have watched and read and studied these forums, at least 4 years. CaN't thank Aspkin, gb and others enough for their content. I think there are
many like me, who have good experience in stealths but been guilty of 'lurking'.

So if any of you guys are reading this right now, come out of the woodwork and help our community.......us against the devil and all that

Last edited by realdeals; 12-28-2014 at 06:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (12-28-2014)
Old 12-29-2014

I have one similar question !>.....Ok lets say i have a suspended account to Ebay but my Paypal is steal fine!...if i go to make an another bank account for make another Paypal if i add another informations (postal code,address,telephone) but the name and the surname is the same becuase this bank account is mine is this a problem ??? can ebay understand me????
Old 12-29-2014

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Is it just me or is this weekend full of people wanting to use family or friends info?
Have eb/pp got.an offer on or something. Use your familys info and get your first order half price

Seriously though, dont use familys or friends info. Relatively easy to make your own account and avoid risking someone elses account or good name :-)
not trying to be a dik but im about to use friends/families details i expect. You've seen the issues with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name accounts. I sell fast at 20% profit margins, £10 average per item sale. 10/650 a month and £2000 a year isn't really much good to me, I'd end up with so many accounts, id need to print paypal transactions off for tax info, have loads of bank accounts. Can't imagine hmrc would like it. Can you imagine if they wanted to see every bank account? Wonder what theyd say lol
You comment as if anyone considering it is a complete idiot but why?
Using a friends account I can get rid of the £2000 limit straight away, have less issues to worry about. Ring up and get limits lifted if they don't increase automatically. But they maybe/possibly/probably wont want to sell a £1.50 dvd in the future so i shouldn't do it?
Old 12-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Permission or not - shouldnt be using real life info...if things go wrong, her info is in the hands of PP/eB....
Old 12-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Permission or not - shouldnt be using real life info...if things go wrong, her info is in the hands of PP/eB....
That would be her choice to do so, as long as she has given her permission AND has been informed before hand of possible future liablities.

If all parties are happy with the arrangement it is a good way to get a solid account, but it isn't stealth.
Old 12-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
not trying to be a dik but im about to use friends/families details i expect. You've seen the issues with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name accounts. I sell fast at 20% profit margins, £10 average per item sale. 10/650 a month and £2000 a year isn't really much good to me, I'd end up with so many accounts, id need to print paypal transactions off for tax info, have loads of bank accounts. Can't imagine hmrc would like it. Can you imagine if they wanted to see every bank account? Wonder what theyd say lol
You comment as if anyone considering it is a complete idiot but why?
Using a friends account I can get rid of the £2000 limit straight away, have less issues to worry about. Ring up and get limits lifted if they don't increase automatically. But they maybe/possibly/probably wont want to sell a £1.50 dvd in the future so i shouldn't do it?
Ive never once commented as though people are an idiot who want to do this, so i do not appreciate that.
I, as others, have advised against it, but its your decision. Im not holding anyone to ransom. I just have a bad experience with doing this as have many others.
You seem to think that by using your friends account will bring loads of benefits eg...limit increases.
If thats what you think, then who am i to stop you. Remember that we are all here on this.forum having been suspended in the past using our REAL details.
Dont tell me that every person on this forum did something to.warrant that suspension. Because im pretty sure that many will back me up that they did nothing to warrant it.
So on those grounds, you are just as.much at risk as if you operate stealthly.
Never forget we are at the mercy of our buyers and whilst you may be a perfect shipper for example, dont expect every buyer to feel the same. All they need is to give you some low dsr's and you could see a limitation UNFAIRLY yourself.
And id rather have that happen on my own account, than to do it to an account that houses somebody elses details.
I will no longer make a comment on any thread in the future about this. I try to offer advice but i.dont want people to think im commenting out of line, so il say no more.

Last edited by ooooo.halo; 12-29-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: removal
Old 12-29-2014

well ok idiot wrong word then but you're making out like its a given that thats the wrong thing to do.

Obviously it will be easier to get limits raised with real details, main issue is the £2000 per year limit though anyway.

I've not been suspended in the past.

I'm no more at risk as if i operate stealth, you not read the recent threads?

Disagree, obviously ebay could ban u at any time but in terms of dsr's if you know what you're doing/selling high volume you won't go below 5% dsr's unless maybe if you sell something electrical thats really cheap/bad quality.

And no, no worries everyones welcome to their opinion and I've learnt loads on here/got a lot of help just find it annoying seen threads like this a lot where people using genuine details get shot down.
No idea how ebay/paypal are banning so many for sure but it seems quite apparent to me they're checking/going to be checking i.d (just my opinion). Not sure how much this costs them so could put them off but if you think about just paypal, they get probably 5% per transaction on average, only requires 1 'stealth' user/20 to rip them off and they're losing money, sure its much more than that so makes sense for them to get rid of them all in my eyes. Others know a lot more than me though and i still have stealth accounts going well so will soon find out

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 12-30-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

My question is can my mother setup a paypal, get it verified with her info including bank etc then can I go ahead and use it freely without getting linked if I use a dongle / phone?

The only risky part I see in this is that I am linked to her address but so long as I don't use any of my details or login on my ip I should be ok right?

Look forward to your replies, thanks,

Ryan.
Ryan, you have to realise that any paypal account at any time, in any name can and often does get limited.

On that basis, I strongly suggest leaving your mother's name away from the business. This also allows no issues with bank accounts that become no longer usuable.
Old 12-30-2014

Quote:

I'm no more at risk as if i operate stealth, you not read the recent threads?

Yes i do read threads....all the time. I joined this forum knowing nothing, so everything i have learned is from here and some bits ive had experience of.
Hence why i disagreed with the concept of using someone elses info. I listen and take note of longer term members and they themselves have said using family and.friends info is a bad move.
As shown in thread below

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...ions-help.html

Everyones accounts are there own business and no one can.say how to run them. But the above example shows just how using a.friends info can have their accounts limited also.
So my opinion is only an opinion and people get to choose what they want to do but be ready for any repercussions of those actions.
Old 12-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Obviously it will be easier to get limits raised with real details
It will make no difference what so ever. Limits get raised for stealth and non stealth accounts exactly the same.

Quote:
it seems quite apparent to me they're checking/going to be checking i.d (just my opinion).
They have always checked IDs
Old 12-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
It will make no difference what so ever. Limits get raised for stealth and non stealth accounts exactly the same.

They have always checked IDs
lol I meant if I phoned in and as you can see, no idea why you need to part quote me anyway, said the main issue is the £2000 per year.

And yes sure you understand what I meant by it though, actually checking they're genuine as bookmakers etc would
Old 01-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Well thanks everyone for the replies and sorry if it caused a bit of fiction between some folk, i've decided to just stay off eBay (At least for now) but %100 staying away from PayPal. Not using that company again, tired of their crap and not worth risking so much just to play along with their pathetic rules.

It may only take 30 minutes to setup a stealth account but it's not exactly a viable solution to what I want to be a full time, long term business.
Old 01-01-2015

Quote:
Well thanks everyone for the replies and sorry if it caused a bit of fiction between some folk, i've decided to just stay off eBay (At least for now) but %100 staying away from PayPal. Not using that company again, tired of their crap and not worth risking so much just to play along with their pathetic rules.

It may only take 30 minutes to setup a stealth account but it's not exactly a viable solution to what I want to be a full time, long term business.
You didnt cause friction. Theres nothing wrong with a healthy debate.:-)
Dont give up hope. Im just a small time seller but many members on here are selling in large quantities and making very good money.
They have had to start off slow in the beginning but they have hung in there and over time have progressed successfully.
Dont be disheartened, you can do the same.
Start from scratch, all new details, go slow, build upon that and you yourself.could equally be a big time seller.
Yes, there is the worry of suspensions but that can happen on any.accoubt be it stealth or real :-)
Old 01-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You didnt cause friction. Theres nothing wrong with a healthy debate.:-)
Dont give up hope. Im just a small time seller but many members on here are selling in large quantities and making very good money.
They have had to start off slow in the beginning but they have hung in there and over time have progressed successfully.
Dont be disheartened, you can do the same.
Start from scratch, all new details, go slow, build upon that and you yourself.could equally be a big time seller.
Yes, there is the worry of suspensions but that can happen on any.accoubt be it stealth or real :-)
Thanks, certainly not giving up hope, as it stands though I think I am going to put my time and effort into my site and getting that up and running, once I am happy with that I will look into branching back out to eBay.

I'm confident with eBay so it won't take long to get back on the horse once I sort PayPal out but ecommerce I never pursued long enough to get started so I think I will get that nailed now, at least that way if things go south (again!) with paypal I will have my site happily going.