eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   creating business account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/81139-creating-business-account.html)

dan_ebay 12-28-2014 11:37 AM

creating business account

what do they ask for when making a business account over a standard one?

Geegee83 12-28-2014 12:30 PM

Re: creating business account

Nothing much, a business name etc.. no tax info.

elmo 12-28-2014 02:46 PM

You can upgrade to business as simple as adding a business name / address, which can be the same as your personal account. However, I have seen PayPal request additional information on the business when its done like this.

Callidus 12-28-2014 03:25 PM

More red tape generally with business accounts.

Always more info needed down the line from PayPal...stick to Personal is my preference

JamesNorth101 12-28-2014 03:37 PM

Are you talking about an eBay business account or a PayPal business account here?

dan_ebay 12-29-2014 10:13 AM

Ah right, just the ebay account. Was assuming they automatically got the 100 items per month limit but thinking I got that wrong if they're no harder to make?
Honestly want to buy some off of either of you 2 above but nervous they'll just get banned lol. Already had 4-5 from callidus going well so far but.....lol

elmo 12-29-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 625083)
Ah right, just the ebay account. Was assuming they automatically got the 100 items per month limit but thinking I got that wrong if they're no harder to make?
Honestly want to buy some off of either of you 2 above but nervous they'll just get banned lol. Already had 4-5 from callidus going well so far but.....lol

Learn to make them yourself or purchase them from a list of very reputable sellers :thumb:

dan_ebay 01-09-2015 06:47 PM

so I don't need a genuine address to make a business account (and get the 100/3500 limits)?

GreenBean 01-09-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 629643)
so I don't need a genuine address to make a business account (and get the 100/3500 limits)?

You need to look as real as you can and have an accessible address.

gone are the days of no access to an address.

Business accounts are a risk because ebay want an address on listings.

Think carefully here.

:nono:

dan_ebay 01-10-2015 08:02 AM

Yeah I have thought about it lol. And I understand all that but my other business accounts are going fine so I want some more. Really can't have 50 personal accounts like I said in another thread. If someone could pm me how to sort the address out for a business account I'll love you forever

screwbay 01-10-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 624714)
More red tape generally with business accounts.

Always more info needed down the line from PayPal...stick to Personal is my preference

what do paypal ask for, fo a business paypal after the eu money laundering limit has been reached?

1 - ID
2 - ...

what are the others?

thanks

dan_ebay 01-10-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screwbay (Post 629816)
what do paypal ask for, fo a business paypal after the eu money laundering limit has been reached?

1 - ID
2 - ...

what are the others?

thanks

utility bill I think, most are recommending not to do that now

Callidus 01-10-2015 09:00 AM

A lot more can be asked for than just utility bill, incorporation documents, supplier info.....

GreenBean 01-10-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

1 - ID
2 - ...

what are the others?

thanks

What was happening before the purges, paypal wanted a lot of info regarding the actual workings of the business.

ID, business details, registered address of the business head office. BUT worse, they also asked for selling plans. Bar stewards wanted to know if stock was in hand.

This was not just for the usual limitations but part of their prying into the workings of accounts.

Unless a seller had a fully operational business account, it is preferable to avoid the concept, imho.

:en:

rsot 01-10-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

1 - ID
2 - ...

what are the others?

thanks

Sometimes supplier invoices...proof of shipping for few orders...issues like that

screwbay 01-11-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 629832)
What was happening before the purges, paypal wanted a lot of info regarding the actual workings of the business.

ID, business details, registered address of the business head office. BUT worse, they also asked for selling plans. Bar stewards wanted to know if stock was in hand.

This was not just for the usual limitations but part of their prying into the workings of accounts.

Unless a seller had a fully operational business account, it is preferable to avoid the concept, imho.

:en:

i presume things maybe a bit more relaxed if your a sole trader? or maybe not.

2 years ago, the things they reqiured was pretty much attainable and easyily to give to them.

wonder if starting off as a personal and then changing to business might be better.

screwbay 01-11-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screwbay (Post 630213)
i presume things maybe a bit more relaxed if your a sole trader? or maybe not.

2 years ago, the things they reqiured was pretty much attainable and easyily to give to them.

wonder if starting off as a personal and then changing to business might be better.

on a side note, i recollect on a non stealth business account created a few years back i could not supply supplier invoices to paypal and explained this to them, paypal asked me to take a photo of me with the items in my possession with my name and ebay id on a piece of paper and send that in.

rsot 01-12-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 625083)

Incorrect assumption on automatic listing limits