eBay account restriction - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-18-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default eBay account restriction

just got this on one of my stealths:

-------------------------
Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Because of this activity:
- We've temporarily restricted your selling privileges until you call us to verify your account.
- Any active or pending listings have been removed. You can see a list of removed items below.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours (link removed)

Here are the listings we removed:
xxxxxxxxxxx - Fixing your computer paperback - for dummies

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible.
Thanks,

eBay

is this bad? its a newish stealth account, asks me to call them tomorrow. paypal seems to be fine, everything was done in a stealth way (accessed from a vps) apart from; i did access the email from my mobile which may have links .via web beacons etc, have deleted it now, but not sure if its too little too late :-/
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: eBay account restriction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacomputers1 View Post
just got this on one of my stealths:

Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Because of this activity:
- We've temporarily restricted your selling privileges until you call us to verify your account.
- Any active or pending listings have been removed. You can see a list of removed items below.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours (link removed)

Here are the listings we removed:
xxxxxxxxxxx - Fixing your computer paperback - for dummies

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible.
Thanks,

eBay

is this bad? its a newish stealth account, asks me to call them tomorrow. paypal seems to be fine, everything was done in a stealth way (accessed from a vps) apart from; i did access the email from my mobile which may have links .via web beacons etc, have deleted it now, but not sure if its too little too late :-/
Dont think its bad as such but you will have to do what they ask and provide what they ask for.
Is calling them the only option they have given you.
Do you have access to the phone to which you registered with?
Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Is calling them the only option they have given you.
Do you have access to the phone to which you registered with?

Yes, the link they gave me asks me to call them in business hours. The number i used to register was a forwarding number so i guess i'll have to block my number when i call them also?
Old 01-18-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Looks like the standard MC999 for new accounts, you just need to call within 48 hours, they do a check make sure there is no links with your IP , usually look to see if paypal is verified

They will ask just a few standard questions and normally reinstate
Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

shouldn't be any links to my ip, apart from the possible link when i accessed the email, the paypal isn't verified yet as im trying to get hold of a bank i can link, didn't get any MC codes on the subject of the email or within the ebay message so wasnt sure. thanks
Old 01-18-2015

Have everything written down in front of you so you have everything to hand incase they ask any questions.
Things may have changed now but i remember having to phone once and they just asked me if i had the items i was selling in my possession. Hadnt a clue why they asked that but since joining here i realised they just wanted to know if i was dropshipping.
Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

yup will do, i have every detail ive ever used written on a notepad file so will have that to hand for when i call, wasnt sure if i maybe should've waited longer before using the account to sell, but time will tell i guess :-/
Old 01-18-2015

Quote:
shouldn't be any links to my ip, apart from the possible link when i accessed the email, the paypal isn't verified yet as im trying to get hold of a bank i can link, didn't get any MC codes on the subject of the email or within the ebay message so wasnt sure. thanks
Everybody does things differently but i always verify and confirm my paypal before i do anything :-)
jacomputers1 (01-18-2015)
Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Everybody does things differently but i always verify and confirm my paypal before i do anything :-)
i will bear that in mind, whatever the outcome is, however seem to be having an issue getting more bank accounts, most of them either appear to be a case of going into branch which i dont get much time to do, or don't work, such as savers, etc., although i have recently come accross a pre-paid master card from a company called "Cash Account Plus". The card costs £4.99 and comes with its own unique account number and sort code provided by APS Financial (part of the co-op bank) which i have one of already, (linked to a limited paypal account) and worked fine for withdrawing the funds too, just now wondering if it's worth ordering a few more of these for the other stealth accounts, and the beauty of it is, they don't need a credit check so i can apply in different names to match the names of my stealth accounts. what do you think?/
Old 01-18-2015

Agreed, as far as I am aware it's a necessity in the UK to have a fully verified paypal account attached to the eBay account to even be able to list any items to sell, don't think anyone has posted on here that has not had a verified and working paypal attached to their eBay.

The pre-paid MasterCard will be no use to you with regard to your stealth account, they do not work with paypal, you mention you had one attached to a previous suspended PayPal that worked fine for withdrawing funds to, how long ago was that? Because these days pre-paid cards are known to not be acceptable to PayPal. You need to find a normal high street bank account, there are some that you can open online where you can post in your ID paperwork to them if the require it though not all banks do need paperwork as long as you are on the electoral roll.

Last edited by RosieTosie; 01-18-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

is it worth scrapping that account, or should i call them and if need be get a bank to verify it etc?
Old 01-18-2015

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
i will bear that in mind, whatever the outcome is, however seem to be having an issue getting more bank accounts, most of them either appear to be a case of going into branch which i dont get much time to do, or don't work, such as savers, etc., although i have recently come accross a pre-paid master card from a company called "Cash Account Plus". The card costs £4.99 and comes with its own unique account number and sort code provided by APS Financial (part of the co-op bank) which i have one of already, (linked to a limited paypal account) and worked fine for withdrawing the funds too, just now wondering if it's worth ordering a few more of these for the other stealth accounts, and the beauty of it is, they don't need a credit check so i can apply in different names to match the names of my stealth accounts. what do you think?/
You couldnt apply for bank account in stealth names, you would need to visit the bank or provide them hardcopy of id in stealth name which is a no no.
Old 01-18-2015

Quote:
Im not familiar with CCP.
I much prefer a normal bank to verify and entropay to confirm.
Now obviously a normal bank account is besr, you could still use a.saver which can be opened online. Yes, the direct debit mandate would be returned but this.can still be withdrawn to.
As said a normal bank stands better and some can be opened online but if.you.have the time to.go into branch, then it really is a quick process :-)
Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Firstly i tried a Barclays ISA and got the following error message from Paypal:
(Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later.)

I've since been told that ISA's are a no no.. fair enough!

But then i tired a Halifax Saver, and got the same "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later".

not sure if it was just a problem at the time, but i did try a few times and got the same problem.
Old 01-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaces View Post
You couldnt apply for bank account in stealth names, you would need to visit the bank or provide them hardcopy of id in stealth name which is a no no.
OP is referring to CCP.... not familiar with it but there is no credit check as ive just had a quick peek, so OP says it can be opened in stealth names.
Im pretty sure that CCP was mentioned recently for.confirming paypal.
As said, im not familiar with it and i wouldnt waste an account with things that wont.work for stealth and certainly wouldnt recommend it without.running it past the forum first :-)
Old 01-18-2015

Quote:
Firstly i tried a Barclays ISA and got the following error message from Paypal:
(Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later.)

I've since been told that ISA's are a no no.. fair enough!

But then i tired a Halifax Saver, and got the same "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later".

not sure if it was just a problem at the time, but i did try a few times and got the same problem.
Avoid ISA,s

I use halifax current and savers and have had no issues. There have been reports that it has been troublesome for others but speaking.for myself, halifax has been working great

Last edited by ooooo.halo; 01-18-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

yup i know that know lol, will do! with the CCP card i meant i could open in any name just as not to confuse myself which card was for which account, of course i could just apply for 5 in my own name, but they may become suspicious
Old 01-18-2015

Quote:
OP is referring to CCP.... not familiar with it but there is no credit check as ive just had a quick peek, so OP says it can be opened in stealth names.
Im pretty sure that CCP was mentioned recently for.confirming paypal.
As said, im not familiar with it and i wouldnt waste an account with things that wont.work for stealth and certainly wouldnt recommend it without.running it past the forum first :-)
No bank account should ever be opened in stealth names, that would be seen as outright fraud and completely 100% illegal !!
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-18-2015)
Old 01-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
No bank account should ever be opened in stealth names, that would be seen as outright fraud and completely 100% illegal !!
As said, im not familiar with it so i wouldnt recommend it without.running through forum.
I just remember that it was mentioned a couple of days ago as a confirming paypal option and that this.company.was known by two names.
OP.just needs to open a normal high street bank.account be it online or in branch :-)
RosieTosie (01-18-2015)
Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
It's not an actual bank account as such, its just a pre-paid credit card which can be funded from a unique bank account and sort code linked to the card, i wasn't meaning i would walk into a bank and apply for a account in a different name or anything, but anyhow i just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on using such a service for withdrawing from paypal. I know it works as i have already tried it this way to withdraw funds from a 180 day limited account, when entering the sort code and account number it showed as "APS FINANCIAL LIMITED" and a quick google led me to believe they were part of the co-op.
Old 01-18-2015

Quote:
It's not an actual bank account as such, its just a pre-paid credit card which can be funded from a unique bank account and sort code linked to the card, i wasn't meaning i would walk into a bank and apply for a account in a different name or anything, but anyhow i just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on using such a service for withdrawing from paypal. I know it works as i have already tried it this way to withdraw funds from a 180 day limited account, when entering the sort code and account number it showed as "APS FINANCIAL LIMITED" and a quick google led me to believe they were part of the co-op.
Yes you are right...its prepaid. Im trying to find the.thread on it as it was definately brought up yesterday or the day before
BUT i still think a normal high street.bank plus entropay to confirm would be your safest bet.
I would be very wary of these outside companies.
Hang around for replies coz i get the feeling that.CCP perhaps hasnt be approved as good for stealth :-)

Last edited by ooooo.halo; 01-18-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: error again
Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes you are right...its prepaid. Im trying to find the.thread on it as it was definately brought up yesterday or the day before :-)
i think it may have been "I" who brought it up! haha!
The Following User Says Thank You to jacomputers1 For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-18-2015)