Selling in the UK from the US - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-01-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Selling in the UK from the US

Hey all,

I am a US seller, and I was interested in selling in the UK from the US. I can get an IP from 24vc.com, I can use a VCC to verify, and add a Payoneer bank to the UK account. I was wondering, since you guys don't have an SSN, are stealth users (if they pass the verify ID test) able to get a PayPal debit card? I looked around for UK PayPal Debit Cards and found this.

WARNING! THIS IS A PAYPAL LINK!
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...-apply-premium

Could I get this at all? Is this card even avaliable to real (meaning real identity and not stealth) users in the UK? Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Selling in the UK from the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu10 View Post
Hey all,

I am a US seller, and I was interested in selling in the UK from the US. I can get an IP from 24vc.com, I can use a VCC to verify, and add a Payoneer bank to the UK account. I was wondering, since you guys don't have an SSN, are stealth users (if they pass the verify ID test) able to get a PayPal debit card? I looked around for UK PayPal Debit Cards and found this.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...-apply-premium

Could I get this at all? Is this card even avaliable to real (meaning real identity and not stealth) users in the UK? Thanks in advance.
You would need a UK bank account to get a UK debit card which are always linked to our bank accounts pikachu! Do you not get any option to sell on UK site from your US eBay?, that would probably be your most likely option for selling on our eBay/PayPal, don't recognise at all that link that you added, got to the page, but have never seen it before !
Old 02-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 21%
Longevity: 91%

I don't know much about UK accounts but from what I understand new regulations came into effect recently that require you to send in documentation to verify your identity once you reach a certain amount received (and not a very high one at that). And now theyre using some third party verification service that is making it far more difficult to pass this verification which has resulted in a wave of limitation over the last 2-3 months.
Again - Im not familiar with all the details and don't know much about UK accounts but that's the impression I got from reading up on things here on the forums. Maybe someone more experienced with UK accounts can tell you more here.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (02-04-2015)
Old 02-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

The reason why I would like to sell from the UK site also, is because with my circumstances it would be easier. I wanted to know about the actual debit card from PayPal UK and whether (under the circumstances that I was "verified) I could get it in a stealth environment.
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 56%

How are you going to pay your tax for trading in the UK?
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
I don't know much about UK accounts but from what I understand new regulations came into effect recently that require you to send in documentation to verify your identity once you reach a certain amount received (and not a very high one at that). And now theyre using some third party verification service that is making it far more difficult to pass this verification which has resulted in a wave of limitation over the last 2-3 months.
Again - Im not familiar with all the details and don't know much about UK accounts but that's the impression I got from reading up on things here on the forums. Maybe someone more experienced with UK accounts can tell you more here.
U pretty much nailed it here Slokor, you have picked it up, no problem!