eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Higher fees for the GSP? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/82735-higher-fees-gsp.html)

Iron_chin 02-10-2015 01:41 PM

Higher fees for the GSP?

I've just sold two exact same items at the same price, both with free shipping. One item sold through the global shipping programme and I've noticed I've been charged a little bit more in PayPal fees for that one. Was I charged more because it sold thru gsp or is there some other reason?

ooooo.halo 02-10-2015 02:21 PM

Re: Higher fees for the GSP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_chin (Post 640815)
I've just sold two exact same items at the same price, both with free shipping. One item sold through the global shipping programme and I've noticed I've been charged a little bit more in PayPal fees for that one. Was I charged more because it sold thru gsp or is there some other reason?

Have no idea....but plz correct me.someone, if im wrong.
Dont.ebay pay for the extra shipping.cost if.enrolled in this global shipping program.
Perhaps...youve paid the fees on that postage as you would pay yourself if you listed sonethibg with shipping costs. And if ebay have fronted this postage, then perhaps 10% of what they have paid, is what youve gotton billed for.
But thats my two cents worth for ebay fees, so not sure about the paypal part of this. Perhaps the same reason?

Could be.completely wrong here. Just guess work :-)

RosieTosie 02-10-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooooo.halo (Post 640841)
Have no idea....but plz correct me.someone, if im wrong.
Dont.ebay pay for the extra shipping.cost if.enrolled in this global shipping program.
Perhaps...youve paid the fees on that postage as you would pay yourself if you listed sonethibg with shipping costs. And if ebay have fronted this postage, then perhaps 10% of what they have paid, is what youve gotton billed for.
But thats my two cents worth for ebay fees, so not sure about the paypal part of this. Perhaps the same reason?

Could be.completely wrong here. Just guess work :-)

That makes sense halo I would think you may well have the nail on the head there perfectly, shipping fee's percentage!

rsot 02-10-2015 02:35 PM

Seems likely - I haven't checked exact differences though but PERHAPS there was a currency exchange also in play

wired 02-10-2015 02:45 PM

The illegal act of charging commission on shipping costs...that old chestnut.

Iron_chin 02-10-2015 03:14 PM

Hmmm. I'm not sure. If a currency exchange rate was applied (buyer was in Ireland so prob paid in euros) ain't they charged for that? Also the "money received" gross is the sane amount as all the other ones, there is no postage cost reflected on it. Abut weird really. It's not a lot if money but I just like to know this stuff.

tannedweekend 02-10-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 640872)
The illegal act of charging commission on shipping costs...that old chestnut.

There is no such a thing as illegal for PP or EB
They are GOD. You are slave
take it or leave it