New Account Selling Limits - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-13-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default New Account Selling Limits

I created my first stealth account almost 3 months ago and have sold 10 items each month so far. I was wondering if I should expect my selling limits to be raised soon after finishing my 3rd month or if I should play on waiting another few months after it?

Also, does anyone know if selling unauthentic VERO items will prevent me from getting my limits raised. There have been no reports or negative feedback against me.

Thanks for your help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: New Account Selling Limits

I almost always get an increase within seven days on a 10-1000 account.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
LuckyShim (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I almost always get an increase within seven days on a 10-1000 account.
Thanks for your help! :D
Old 02-13-2015

Longevity: 53%

You still can call them after a couple successful sales, turn "noob mode" on, and ask them like ""oh, I clicked some button and it offered to raise limits, how can i do that?". They will ask you a couple of questions and will raise your limits. But they will ask for an ID and a Proof of Address.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
LuckyShim (02-13-2015)
Old 02-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

AVOID doing the call in

AVOID.
Old 02-14-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I advise you to ring in. Hopefully you get exactly what you deserve
Old 02-14-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
AVOID doing the call in

AVOID.
What's the problem with calling in? Just need a nice legend to answer their questions.
Old 02-14-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
What's the problem with calling in? Just need a nice legend to answer their questions.
Never good to bring any attention to any account.

Now if you are selling phakes then that statement applies x 1000.
Old 02-14-2015

Quote:
I'm fairly new to stealth and correct me if im wrong...but the idea of "stealth" is to stay 'under the radar' and do not draw unnecessary attention to any of your stealth accounts. My advise would be to avoid contacting EB and wait...your limits usually get reviewed on a certain day of the month (20th/22nd rings a bell?)
Old 02-14-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlaaaaa View Post
I'm fairly new to stealth and correct me if im wrong...but the idea of "stealth" is to stay 'under the radar' and do not draw unnecessary attention to any of your stealth accounts. My advise would be to avoid contacting EB and wait...your limits usually get reviewed on a certain day of the month (20th/22nd rings a bell?)
Much better advice mrlaaaaa, accounts limits should rise generically, no gurantee's of that, but best to give them chances to do that over a good level of time. Not wise to give prying eyes any excuses to delve into accounts and their setup
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
mrlaaaaa (02-14-2015)
Old 02-14-2015

Quote:
You are true about that stealth means not attracting attention to the account. But! If your account is new, and is just aging and not doing anything that can be a cause for a suspension, there is no problem in calling ebay. So I call ebay a couple of days after I get all limits removed from paypal, and BEFORE i sell anything, because calling at this moment guarantees that I nothing bad in my account and have nothing to lose if ebay will suddenly turn their paranoia on.

To make a long story short, don't sell, and get verified after, verification is the first thing to do on your stealth list. It is just my personal opinion, but it works really nice, as later they tend to ask much more questions in order to verify.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
mrlaaaaa (02-14-2015)
Old 02-14-2015

Quote:
You are true about that stealth means not attracting attention to the account. But! If your account is new, and is just aging and not doing anything that can be a cause for a suspension, there is no problem in calling ebay. So I call ebay a couple of days after I get all limits removed from paypal, and BEFORE i sell anything, because calling at this moment guarantees that I nothing bad in my account and have nothing to lose if ebay will suddenly turn their paranoia on.

To make a long story short, don't sell, and get verified after, verification is the first thing to do on your stealth list. It is just my personal opinion, but it works really nice, as later they tend to ask much more questions in order to verify.
Calling in a risk that new accounts simply do not need muzzle, it can very easily backfire, a lot of people HAVE had problems when they have phoned in.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
mrlaaaaa (02-14-2015)
Old 02-14-2015

I see a lot of people who think that stealth is a piece of cake, like a new account will solve all their problems by itself, and failing epically when asked simple questions via phone by ebay staff. For them, just to prepare answers for some generic questions, that will be asked for sure, is a mission impossible, so suspension after making a call is not a surprise. It is quite handy to make a A4 with generic ebay staff questions (contexted to the items you sell, of course) and write there everything. Talking to ebay when equipped with such FAQ is really easy.
Old 02-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys. I'm just going to wait it out. Not in a huge hurry and not worth the risk at the moment.

Do you guys know what the limits usually get raised to the first time?
Old 02-14-2015

Quote:
I see a lot of people who think that stealth is a piece of cake, like a new account will solve all their problems by itself, and failing epically when asked simple questions via phone by ebay staff. For them, just to prepare answers for some generic questions, that will be asked for sure, is a mission impossible, so suspension after making a call is not a surprise. It is quite handy to make a A4 with generic ebay staff questions (contexted to the items you sell, of course) and write there everything. Talking to ebay when equipped with such FAQ is really easy.
I can vouch for you there muzzie, its far from a walk in the park. Felt like i have been back to school for the last 4 weeks revising everything off this forum! I use a database for my stealth accounts with all infomation listed for each account on it. So easy to access if needed.
Old 02-14-2015

Quote:
I can vouch for you there muzzie, its far from a walk in the park. Felt like i have been back to school for the last 4 weeks revising everything off this forum! I use a database for my stealth accounts with all infomation listed for each account on it. So easy to access if needed.
Nice point, DB of all your accounts is a must. Or you will mess it up one day.
Old 02-14-2015

Quote:
Excellent idea to have all the information for your account listed on your computer like that mrlaaaaa, you are learning well!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
aking (02-15-2015), mrlaaaaa (02-14-2015)
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:

Your advice here is very poor. Did you not read what OP is selling?

Do you really think calling in to ebay to further raise limits before you even sell one item is great advice?
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post

Do you really think calling in to ebay to further raise limits before you even sell one item is great advice?
For some of my accounts, I called them several times after selling numerous VeRO items, never had an issue, as documents were rock solid. For other accounts, I registered, waited several days, then sent Proof of Address and ID to both PayPal and eBay, then called them with noob mode turned on, and asked something like "oh, i pushed that button, something like "please submit your documents" happened, can you please help me", it worked as well.

P.S. It worked for a PayPal, for eBay, at least 1 month should pass and at least a couple of items should be sold to raise limits, but still, "noob" mode on the phone works perfectly.
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
= It worked for a PayPal, for eBay, at least 1 month should pass and at least a couple of items should be sold to raise limits, but still, "noob" mode on the phone works perfectly.
Once again, you are talking absolute rubbish and contradicting yourself.

Quote:
If your account is new, and is just aging and not doing anything that can be a cause for a suspension, there is no problem in calling ebay. So I call ebay a couple of days after I get all limits removed from paypal, and BEFORE i sell anything, because calling at this moment guarantees that I nothing bad in my account and have nothing to lose if ebay will suddenly turn their paranoia on.
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Quote:
For some of my accounts, I called them several times after selling numerous VeRO items.
The OP isn't selling VeRo though is he?
Old 02-15-2015

Ok, no more advices, vero awaits.