eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Using A stealth name on a new Paypal Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/82891-using-stealth-name-new-paypal-account.html)

I4U 02-13-2015 10:23 PM

Using A stealth name on a new Paypal Account

Hi all,

i just want to clarify one thing before i create my stealth paypal/ebay account.

for example my real name is : John Barrowman

but my stealth name is : fabrice akotou

If i use this stealth, and link my savings bank to paypal will that be fine when it comes to selling a product and withdrawing the money in my bank account.

The bank wont reject the money coming in will they based on the name ?

I wouldn't of thought so because banks rarely reject income.

I had to ask this question because I have seen many forums here where people state they change a couple of letters in there stealth name vs their real name to make things similar or something , i just thought that this may flag ebays bots because of near similarities to their real name and it would just be better using a totally different name unless i have misunderstood what others on the forum have meant.

Of course i will take precautionary measure to leave some funds in the paypal account when it comes to paying ebay fees etc..

but if anyone could just clear my slight confusion to this stealth name specifics and paypal accounts.

thanks in advance.

ooooo.halo 02-14-2015 04:35 AM

Re: Using A stealth name on a new Paypal Account

Savers can still be withdrawn to.

A bank that accepts mismatched names will be fine. Search the forums regularly to ensure that chosen bank account is suitable for stealth.
:thumb:

GreenBean 02-14-2015 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I4U (Post 642148)
I had to ask this question because I have seen many forums here where people state they change a couple of letters in there stealth name vs their real name to make things similar or something , i just thought that this may flag ebays bots because of near similarities to their real name and it would just be better using a totally different name unless i have misunderstood what others on the forum have meant.

thanks in advance.

A very poor choice to do this in the UK at any time.

Good move by you to question the concept.

Have you considered using a basic account or current account ahead of a savers? Long term it means much less chances of hassles.

That said, which bank are you thinking of using?

Your plans are going well.
:ranger:

RosieTosie 02-14-2015 06:33 AM

Basic bank accounts work perfectly and are just about the easiest type of bank accounts to get as there is not a full credit check done on them, relatively easy to set up as well so now problems at all with them.

JamesNorth101 02-14-2015 06:56 AM

Make sure you avoid Lloyds and TSB as they do not like mismatching name deposits.

ebabe 02-14-2015 06:58 AM

Depends on the bank, co-op and natwest are pretty good

I4U 02-14-2015 11:33 AM

Thanks all for clearing that up,

fortunately for myself , i am banked with NatWest, Barclays and metro bank. having only used NatWest on my previous eBay account, I will go ahead and use my Barclays current account. Hopefully that would do the job.

thanks once again to all that have replied.

RosieTosie 02-14-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I4U (Post 642293)
Thanks all for clearing that up,

fortunately for myself , i am banked with NatWest, Barclays and metro bank. having only used NatWest on my previous eBay account, I will go ahead and use my Barclays current account. Hopefully that would do the job.

thanks once again to all that have replied.

It definately will work perfectly 14U, Barclay's bank account are excellent for stealth

I4U 02-14-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 642302)
It definately will work perfectly 14U, Barclay's bank account are excellent for stealth

Thanks @RosieTosie :) ill go ahead then ! :) x

desikanjar 03-06-2017 09:11 PM

Metro bank have started refusing deposits with mismatched names

rsot 03-06-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desikanjar (Post 834425)

Current and savings tried?

blobby 03-07-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desikanjar (Post 834425)

One swallow does not a summer make.

More details please, whats your sample size? What correspondence have you had with Metro?

Personally I have had no issues with their savers.