eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   eBay glitch or dumb buyers? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/82900-ebay-glitch-dumb-buyers.html)

storas 02-14-2015 07:24 AM

eBay glitch or dumb buyers?

I get a lot of people lately contacting me to tell me they got the wrong colour goods as they have requested them to be in (insert colour) . they left a message on the checkout "notes to seller" . But there is ****all there. I'm sure that idiot just didn't press "add message" ,but could I be wrong? I get around 5-10 of these a week. Then they expect me to fork out £ to fix their mistake. Any one else with similar problems?

Bunneh 02-14-2015 07:57 AM

Re: eBay glitch or dumb buyers?

well if that is the case, if you receive no colour request from certain buyers,
Dont ship the item and message the buyer and ask them what colour they would prefer.
If will save you £££ in the end.
You will get better DSR this way..

storas 02-14-2015 09:03 AM

We have a disclaimer in the listing description that a colour in the picture will be sent. And with 150-200 orders a day , contacting all buyers is not a viable option. Guess just have to stand my ground on no free stuff.

danshan 02-14-2015 09:21 AM

Everything your saying is crazy. You are the vendor and you have multiple customers complaining about the same issue and you think the issue is them? Fix it and please for future listings know and understand buyers do NOT read listings period ever!

JamesNorth101 02-14-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storas (Post 642229)
We have a disclaimer in the listing description that a colour in the picture will be sent. And with 150-200 orders a day , contacting all buyers is not a viable option. Guess just have to stand my ground on no free stuff.

Why not just ask them to return the incorrect colour in order to get a replacement one sent.

Need to be doing everything you can to avoid getting negs or cases opened.

luverlyjuberly 02-14-2015 10:10 AM

Or do a listing for each colour with the colour included in the title. Might cost you a little more but it's better than complaints, returns, bad feedback. etc.

mrlaaaaa 02-14-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly (Post 642262)
Or do a listing for each colour with the colour included in the title. Might cost you a little more but it's better than complaints, returns, bad feedback. etc.

If you can't come up with a solution to fix the 'minority' of your sales issues, why don't you state that a random colour will be sent on your listing? Or State in BOLD that buyer must specify chosen colour at checkout. I wouldn't personally leave the issue as the 'minority' will grow as your business does.

storas 02-14-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 642233)
Why not just ask them to return the incorrect colour in order to get a replacement one sent.

Need to be doing everything you can to avoid getting negs or cases opened.

That is what I do. Infact I offer a free item if postage costs are met by them. But they don't want to know. What I'm saying is , eBay's "add message" is not working if they do not press "add message" . And they don't even look at second photo let alone read the listing.

storas 02-14-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 642232)
Everything your saying is crazy. You are the vendor and you have multiple customers complaining about the same issue and you think the issue is them? Fix it and please for future listings know and understand buyers do NOT read listings period ever!

I can't fix it. It's eBay's interface. And they mostly refund the money to them and me.

mrlaaaaa 02-14-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storas (Post 642335)
I can't fix it. It's eBay's interface. And they mostly refund the money to them and me.

If you cant fix it due to dropshipping etc why don't you revise your description to cover your own back save the refund issues. Or you could just take advantage of the multiple item on one listing that way the customer has to choose their colour from a drop down menu..?

blueuk 02-14-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlaaaaa (Post 642358)
If you cant fix it due to dropshipping etc why don't you revise your description to cover your own back save the refund issues. Or you could just take advantage of the multiple item on one listing that way the customer has to choose their colour from a drop down menu..?

Exactly. This is what you need to be doing.

storas 02-14-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlaaaaa (Post 642358)

Not all categories have multiple item option. And I manufacture not dropship.

I was asking if anyone has had a similar problem.

danshan 02-14-2015 05:09 PM

Millions of people have had that problem and you can keep writing and writing and writing and bold and different color text and i will say again buyers do not pay attention or read it

danshan 02-14-2015 05:11 PM

Remember all those 500 make your own policies you write in your descriptions and no refund crap you write in your listings is waste of time ebay and paypal always i mean always go by their policies.

mrlaaaaa 02-14-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 642402)
Millions of people have had that problem and you can keep writing and writing and writing and bold and different color text and i will say again buyers do not pay attention or read it

If this has been a wide spread problem then it could be a glitch I'm not very well up on any of that side of the scenario I'm just trying to give the OP possible ways to combat the issue. I didn't know that use the multiple item on one listing can only be used in certain categories? Learnt something new once again thanks to these forums!

OP if you can't do the multiple item on one listing have you considered listing your items individually according to colour of stock or is that not possible with the amount of listings it would take up?

drm701 02-14-2015 09:47 PM

:amen: :amen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 642232)
.... and please for future listings know and understand buyers do NOT read listings period ever!

wired 02-15-2015 04:15 AM

sounds like typical scammers, say the wrong colour, get item for free