any new alternatives to entropay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-26-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default any new alternatives to entropay

hi,
has anyone got any new alternatives to entropay in the uk because quite alot of the time when you try to put the credit card number into paypal it says you cannot use this credit card try a diffrent credit card so you have to waste money on making new ones till it works.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Default 3v

seen mentioned on forum, 3v vouchers but they are £20 minimum
Old 11-28-2008
Threadstarter  

with entropay you can do it with £1

any better alternatives
Old 11-29-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Lol ...
Old 11-29-2008
rafc

Longevity: 0%

why's it funny?

i paid $47 for the Stealth Book, and another $25 for my uk cc confirmed working in the book, but it simply did not. it adds up...phone forwarding costs me $25 (3 months) in addition to the card, so it works out like $100 just to open a new ebay account, and $50 extra for every other one i want to open, and that's not with any paypal limits lifted because the cc works for ebay but not paypal. and notwithstanding the hassle of opening a new bank account for each one... i don't know how easy it is in the us but for uk users it sucks. i too would really love to know a card that doesn't charge crazy fees and that actually works. i tried contacting cashplus to get them to stop charging me monthly fees when i don't even use the card (i.e. to try to change the card plan) but they make it so hard to get hold of anyone that i have actually just written them a letter and paid for postage on that as well. they have no email support, their phone services claim to have quick touch tone options to change your plan, but there aren't, so i have to speak to customer services, but i can't because i'm supposed to be an old lady!!!!! so far with eBay Stealth's advice i don't have any that work, just a hole in my pocket. i don't know...maybe i'm just frustrated man... but it's definitely not funny... :(
Old 11-29-2008

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafc View Post
why's it funny?

i paid $47 for the Stealth Book, and another $25 for my uk cc confirmed working in the book, but it simply did not. it adds up...phone forwarding costs me $25 (3 months) in addition to the card, so it works out like $100 just to open a new ebay account, and $50 extra for every other one i want to open, and that's not with any paypal limits lifted because the cc works for ebay but not paypal. and notwithstanding the hassle of opening a new bank account for each one... i don't know how easy it is in the us but for uk users it sucks. i too would really love to know a card that doesn't charge crazy fees and that actually works. i tried contacting cashplus to get them to stop charging me monthly fees when i don't even use the card (i.e. to try to change the card plan) but they make it so hard to get hold of anyone that i have actually just written them a letter and paid for postage on that as well. they have no email support, their phone services claim to have quick touch tone options to change your plan, but there aren't, so i have to speak to customer services, but i can't because i'm supposed to be an old lady!!!!! so far with eBay Stealth's advice i don't have any that work, just a hole in my pocket. i don't know...maybe i'm just frustrated man... but it's definitely not funny... :(
Rafc
take the ebay Stealth Book as an investment. If undertood and used properly it will deffinatly help you. i am also in the uk and its certainly helped me
I dont know what cc your talking about that works with ebay and not paypal. If you use entropay then it will work for your paypal account.I was on the understanding that the virtual cc doesnt work on ebay but works for paypal.Once you have fully confirmed your paypal account then open a ebay account and you can use your paypal account to confirm the cc on ebay( this is what i have read but not done myself, will be attempting this in a few days as i have just fully verified my paypal account)

The entropay credit card only needs £10 funded to start working. This will confirm about 3 maybe even 4 paypal accounts if used properly.

As far as i was aware there is no virtual number or forwarding number that works in the uk. If you know of any then please advise as this is one of the biggest hurdles that we have in the uk, unless you have masterd the phonebox method..

Once suspended on ebay and paypal theres always going to be extra work involved to make sure you stay under there radar, namley having new bank accounts, using new ip's, deleting flash cookies and cookies.

It all depends on how important ebay and paypal is to you and how desperate you are to get back on. I believe its very important to you but you are just not following the guide correctly. Pleanty of us on this forum are from the uk and am sure most of us have purchased the eBay Stealth ebook. I reffer back to it now and again as its written in a easy to understand and thorough manner with attention to detail. Dont forget we are trying to beat crappybay and poopay at there game so you must pay attention to detail and take necessary precautions.

I can understand your frustration and am willing to help you if i can. Well i can certainly help you on setting up a fully veryfied paypal account as i have first hand experiance in this now.

The US and the UK both have a few probs when it comes to paypal. We have a issue with phone verification but there are still ways round this. As far as i know there is a issue with SS # in the US dont know how to get round this myself but am sure someone like modee or aspkin could help.

I came accross this forum after i got suspended from ebay and paypal as they linked my account with a suspended account a few years ago. They are holding onto my funds for 6 months. Its about £2k+ that they have. I didnt want to make the same mistake so read through this forum for a few days. Before i attempted to get back onto ebay or paypal and spend loads of money on things that dont work i read through many posts and used fellow forum members' experiance to make sure i do it right.

So chill out for a while and have a read through the posts. if you get stuck on anything then use the search button. If you have a problem then its more then likely someones had the same one.
Old 11-29-2008
Threadstarter  

i have been suspended from ebay probably more than 20-30 times but it doesn't stop me from getting back on
Old 11-29-2008
rafc

sairah,

thank you for your kind words. i was just so frustrated after spending all that money, not to mention time and effort, for things not to work. i am trying to build my feedback up, but no one seems to be buying from me as i have 0 feedback.

i don't understand how you can make 3-4 paypals from one entropay card -- wouldn't that just link them all?

i can let you know of a uk phone forwarding service that works -- jetnumbers can forward your calls to a phone or skype (much cheaper) but even then it costs $22 for 3 months and you pay all that upfront. when ebay says "if you are expecting this call, press [X number]" on skype there are problems with the outgoing touch tone, so you just press that number frantically many times and one of them will go through eventually.

is it possible to verify entropay without actually putting any money on it, and also, how do you change the address and name on the card (presumably they only give you this option AFTER you've loaded it...)

i wish there were cheaper alternatives to the things mentioned in eBay Stealth. if you're talking about making 10-20 backup accounts, at $50 a go, it's $1000, and that's with them all at 0 feedback. with the time, effort and money it takes to get up and running, you're going to have to find an extremely profitable business to make any profit at all, and most sellers have everything covered on ebay ...

you think of something to sell, decide to search for it on ebay and there it already is... *sigh*
Old 11-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default tough for all of us

hi
you are in the same boat as many others, I was in your situaton several months back and now I have multiple accs running as we speak, not saying its easy though.

each entropay card has different number, cant be linked if use diff card each time, name doesnt show on their records anyway, and the address should be diff for ech ebay/pp acc and has its own entropay card where you have changed address accordingly.

you cant verify without money on card, but only £1.10 will do, (10p fee and £1 taken by paypal)

alternatives are more expensive anyway, but there are some other cards and vouchers you can use for uk, according to forum.
again virtual numbers are expensive, but not if you do the account right and earn way over that, right? as you say its not worth it if your products earn hardly alot.

I saw your comments on uk sucking, true but in US theyve got to get around social security numbers and other issues, that we dont have - yet! make as many accounts as you can before the ebay gestapo make it EVEN tougher.

As for being an old lady , when you are a guy, I assume, next time dont do that, unless you have a wide range of vocal octaves!

Good luck
Old 11-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafc View Post
sairah,

thank you for your kind words. i was just so frustrated after spending all that money, not to mention time and effort, for things not to work. i am trying to build my feedback up, but no one seems to be buying from me as i have 0 feedback.

i don't understand how you can make 3-4 paypals from one entropay card -- wouldn't that just link them all?

i can let you know of a uk phone forwarding service that works -- jetnumbers can forward your calls to a phone or skype (much cheaper) but even then it costs $22 for 3 months and you pay all that upfront. when ebay says "if you are expecting this call, press [X number]" on skype there are problems with the outgoing touch tone, so you just press that number frantically many times and one of them will go through eventually.

is it possible to verify entropay without actually putting any money on it, and also, how do you change the address and name on the card (presumably they only give you this option AFTER you've loaded it...)

i wish there were cheaper alternatives to the things mentioned in ebay stealth. if you're talking about making 10-20 backup accounts, at $50 a go, it's $1000, and that's with them all at 0 feedback. with the time, effort and money it takes to get up and running, you're going to have to find an extremely profitable business to make any profit at all, and most sellers have everything covered on ebay ...

you think of something to sell, decide to search for it on ebay and there it already is... *sigh*
Rafc pm me and i will supply you with products thatyou can earn £25 at a time on ebay after fees. Its easy to sell upto 10 of these in 1 day but you need to have the right history with ebay and paypal. So in your case its not gonna be possible. Pm me i have some other lines which will be good for you. Transactions under £90 including p+p.

Reagrding jet numbers do you meanforwarding to your skype account or to your landline? If it works then its great. Deff worth $22. But I have heard that skype is also a ebay company and requires you to install on your pc which will make you very vunrable to getting clocked by ebay.

I dont understand why you are quoting prices in dollers. Yes make a few ebay and paypal accounts but use them and get them to work for you. Look around on ebay everyone started with 0 feedback. Its the easiest place to sell. Trust me i know ive tried many places. Get your own website and dont just rely on ebay. Like oompaloompa said ebay and paypal will gettougher and theres no guarantee we are gonna getback on. Hopefully by that time you will have your website sorted and bringing in traffic. I have justcreated my own website too. Have had itsince october and have got a few orders through it. It take time to get on the search engines.

If your products are not selling and you have listed them a few times. Drop the product and look for another one. the good thing about ebay is that you can experiment with any product you like. Have a variety of products. you will soon see you have hot products that go very well and other products that still go slowly but surley.

If you dont want to buy the product and then list it to see if it sells. I would recomend you find a supplier check prices against ebay, consider the fees. Look atsellers' feedback to see if they sell alot. Then list the item without buying it. Ifit sells great,buy itand post it. To get the best prices and to compete on ebay you will have to buy in bulk.

My space bar and E key on my laptop is a little mashed so appolagies

I am justabout to test out another virtual number which is costing me £1.75 a month. Min contract is 3 months. Dont know if it works but will find out and letyou guys know.
Old 11-30-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Sorry rafc if I sounded rude or as if I didn't understand.

I know things cost money and add up quickly and I know it can be frustrating at times, I apologize.

If you need any help with things, just send me a PM and I'll try my best to help.
Old 12-03-2008
rafc

hi aspkin, i was just frustrated man. hope i didn't come off as too impolite -- it had been a long day, and i'm sure you know how wound up ebay can make you some times. props for calming things down and being courteous on an internet forum. so many people would have argued etc etc, but there's little point to that. we're all here to make sure we don't get unfairly treated by ebay.

tbh i think stealth is a good buy. for $47 it was one of the better purchases i have made. (and granted i have made some pretty stupid ones in my life).
i just sold my first item (finally!) with this zero feedback account i have just started with stealth. but it's sooo slow! and expensive!

there is one thing to be able to make the stealth account, but i wonder what exact options are the cheapest. once you're making multiple accounts, i.e. dozens of them, the cost of each account now has to be a main concern.
Old 12-03-2008
Threadstarter  

it a minimum of £10 with entropay now
Old 12-04-2008
rafc

yeah, that sucks :(

it's what stopped me...i 'd rather just give them a quid directly.... makes more for them and costs less for me..
Old 12-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default cost

entropay isnt the suckiest cost youll get, with £10 you can make quite a few accounts, its the virtual phone numbers that cost, if u need them.
Old 12-06-2008

Longevity: 90%

Can I ask something about entropay. with that £10, can you buy something online??? I never tried to buy anything with that virtual credit card yet but as I know ebay cannot debit money from that card. That's why I am not sure if we can use that virtual card to buy things online.

If we can buy stuff online with entropay card, it means we do not lose that £10. we still get something back. you can even buy things for £10 online and sell them back on ebay to get £6-£7. Doesnt sound "sucks" at all.

I am quite sure we can buy something online with entropay card because it is what the virtual credit card for!!!! but may not be able to use on some shops online. Finally, we end up to lose only a few quids to entropay to get back on ebay. worth money, isnt it?

However, anyone please confirm me about this.
Old 12-06-2008

I've got a couple of Entropay virtual CCs and think it's a great service.

Sure, they charge a small fee for creating the cards but Entropay is a business after all.

And, like Citypark says, you can buy things with them so as well as getting a few virtual CCs you might as well use the rest of the £10 to stock up with stationary or something on ebay.

Entropay is well worth it in my opinion. Just think of it as a ten pound investment.

S.
Old 12-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

entropay is excellent for buying on line. Not just good for paypal/ebay. I use it for all UK subscriptions, magazines. Never a problem. Also never lost a few quid as I spend it, then top up the balance. Another good point with entropay now,is that a bank transfer can be used for
funding.
From my experiences with entropay, if you use the correct credit/debit
card to set up the first account, you are given an excellent service.No
major troubles with me.

Last edited by GreenBean; 12-06-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-09-2008
rafc

but if you've got a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address on the card, how do you get stuff delivered to you?
Old 12-09-2008
Threadstarter  

the delivery or shipping address can be different from the billing address
Old 12-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
entropay isnt the suckiest cost youll get, with £10 you can make quite a few accounts, its the virtual phone numbers that cost, if u need them.
Hi, been lurking about for a few days trying to get my head round all the ins and outs. I'm still struggling to understand how you can make a few accounts using the same entropay card, would the accounts not get linked eventually if it is the same card number ?
Old 12-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

NO. Each virtual entropay card has a different number.