Has me blacklisting my address screwed anybody else who lives here out of a PP acc? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Has me blacklisting my address screwed anybody else who lives here out of a PP acc?

Does this mean my brothers and sisters + parents can't make a paypal account because it will be shut down immediately?

I'm personally banned from PP but can I not just use a family members one?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Has me blacklisting my address screwed anybody else who lives here out of a PP ac

Don't use family members info. The address COULD cause problems so why bother playing with it? Stealth method is encouraged.

As for being shut down...not necessarily IMMEDIATELY but risk is present...keep aware of that
Old 03-11-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Has me blacklisting my address screwed anybody else who lives here out of a PP ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepstrike View Post
Does this mean my brothers and sisters + parents can't make a paypal account because it will be shut down immediately?

I'm personally banned from PP but can I not just use a family members one?

You used the address these family members and yourself live at then yes, you blacklisted it for anyone else living there. The address is on file with ebay/PayPal forever, whether they are aware of that straight away or not is another matter, this is why stealth came about. These platforms, once they get their act together and realise, never forget.
Old 03-11-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
You used the address these family members and yourself live at then yes, you blacklisted it for anyone else living there. The address is on file with ebay/PayPal forever, whether they are aware of that straight away or not is another matter, this is why stealth came about. These platforms, once they get their act together and realise, never forget.
What about if they move house.... will the new residents have the same problem?

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>

I mean, that address is no good regardless of who lives there?
Old 03-11-2015

True!, but people will not be aware of that of course until they try it for themselves, it will be one of the reasons that people's who live in flats and apartments have always had problems using ebay/paypal accounts. Whilst the platforms are supposed to be aware that people move house over the years, it must create problems. Years ago I had a job going door to door signing people up for home shopping catalogues, even then many houses were blacklisted and coukd not be signed up no matter who lived there, that was 15-20 years ago as well.
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

no of course it does not blacklist a new person, the new name can be enough not to cause issues, but even if they get a limitation, then they can submit docs to lift it. The most dangerous thing is the auto limbo you can get with paypal, a bot gives you an auto limit and nobody gives you an answer as nobody can be bothered to check the reason, as they do not really care.....I have not heard of it being a big issue though.....

the catalogue/black mark against taking out credit based on address, is a totally seperate issue.....and really stupid practice...same as when you buy a car and take on it's prior owners debts.....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-13-2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Not really true.

It can cause problems but it does not mean it will definitely be limited. I have many accounts running with the same address as a limited account one and family names. Generally it is not advised because boy can it cause interpersonal dramas if it does get shut down but it can work.

eBay is more problematic with same address details that PayPal I have found.
Old 03-13-2015

Not if ebay/PayPal realise what you are doing and these days getting easier and easier for them to do that, that's the whole point of stealth, no old banned details used on new accounts, and that is exactly what you have been doing, you must realise the risks you have been taking by using banned addresses!
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

we really do not hear of this issue on the forums....new differently named people in house are not affected.

existing householders/family members can be affected but really the risk factors are made worse if using the same computer/cookies etc...

new family member accs are probably more affected than established ones, they can probably tell to a certain extent genuine housesharers and someone making 1 acc after another and is the same person......
Glasses (03-13-2015)
Old 03-14-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Not if ebay/PayPal realise what you are doing and these days getting easier and easier for them to do that, that's the whole point of stealth, no old banned details used on new accounts, and that is exactly what you have been doing, you must realise the risks you have been taking by using banned addresses!
No more risk than using Stealth accounts actually less, because the third party teams will fail stealth accounts, but real accounts by real people will pass, and you will get hit with a third party merchant check at some point. Gauranteed.