Just starting out - am I on the right lines? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-11-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Just starting out - am I on the right lines?

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post and my first time attempting a stealth anything! I am going to get started today on a bought account, but first Im just going to detail what steps I will be taking. Hopefully they will be right, or hopefully someone will tell me if I am wrong 

1. Prepare a spreadsheet for all the information I will need to keep record of.
2. Use a 3g dongle on Three, with a old laptop (hdd fully wiped and restored).
3. Open new current account at first direct and get a savings account to go with it.
4. Buy a EB/PP account from marketplace with limits removed.
5. Browse on that account for a few days (till I get FD AC details…).
6. Link my bank account to new PP account.
7. List as much stuff as I can, as fast as possible (only joking!).

This is where it becomes a bit less clear, and Im not sure how fast I can take things, so any advice is welcome pls.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-11-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Just starting out - am I on the right lines?

Hi,
You are on the right lines however you need more detail than what you have listed - buy the stealth guide read it at least 3 times and follow the steps to ensure you set up correct and then stay active!

No point in splashing the cash on a new account to find it suspended.
Old 03-11-2015

oh,
and slow and steady wins the ebay race!!
Old 03-11-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 52%

Hi, yes I have read the guide. I suppose I should have been more specific. I guess I was just getting things straight in my head. Actually I thought the account info would come right away so I decided to make my own stealth accounts while I wait, but been reading all day and I have not done it yet!

Im just wondering how slow, and how steady. For example, if I can list 100 items on my account, and list a few things around the house each day till I get to about 30 items - ''learning'' and getting faster and better as I go - and hope nobody buys my stuff. Then may be relist a few things and add some stock items till over the period of 2-3 months I am listing all 100 items of stock?

Or should is that too much? Too many items or too short time frame, or both?
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasses View Post
Hi, yes I have read the guide. I suppose I should have been more specific. I guess I was just getting things straight in my head. Actually I thought the account info would come right away so I decided to make my own stealth accounts while I wait, but been reading all day and I have not done it yet!

Im just wondering how slow, and how steady. For example, if I can list 100 items on my account, and list a few things around the house each day till I get to about 30 items - ''learning'' and getting faster and better as I go - and hope nobody buys my stuff. Then may be relist a few things and add some stock items till over the period of 2-3 months I am listing all 100 items of stock?

Or should is that too much? Too many items or too short time frame, or both?
To be perfectly honest- There is no magic formula when it comes to listings.
It depends on the item you sell, the risk level, the price, the feedback, the postage time... It's all about your individual pattern.
If I was you, operate it as carefully as you can- Pretend that your life depends on it and see how ****ing slow you will go! Honestly, the slowly and surely will get you far.
If you are looking to really sell A LOT, then perhaps multiple accounts would be a way to go?
You mention 100 listing accounts and how quickly could you possibly max that bitch out- By the sound of it, you need to shift the stock sooner, rather than later.
Based on that alone, I would suggest strongly that you have multiple accounts and spread the sales, but still operate as your life depended on it.
You might want to have 5 accounts, then you don't need to worry about maxing out one account and getting busted like a graprefruit.
You might make a mistake or do something that raises flags, you might lose one or two accounts along the way- But you can still shift your stock.
If you put your eggs into one basket, and one basket alone, then it doesn't matter if you limits are 100 or 10000- Once you slip, you are DONE.
And then it all starts again, as you can imagine.

To avoid all of this, just use common sense man. Just take it slowly, don't rush. Spread the risk and make the whole operation stable. Instead of thinking about one account, get yourself multiple accounts and grind it out. You might have a need to shift something ASAP, but if you invest time and money wisely, you could have yourself a nice stable stealth operations in couple of months time.

Nobody, NOBODY will have the answers to your specific question. Asking about how many items can you list is like asking somebody what to wear without checking the weather yourself- What might be cool for me, is not cool for you.

If you've read stealth guide enough, then you should realise that minimizing the risk is what it's all about, not how quickly can you max the limits on an account.

The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
Glasses (03-14-2015)