Buyers requesting return = increase in defect rate - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Buyers requesting return = increase in defect rate

Hi guys. I've had two return requests recently where I havnt been contacted or anything (I would have taken the returns) and buyers have just opened return requests and now I have an increase in my defect rate. Can I have these removed as I remember in the old system a defect only counted if a case was opened ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2015

Default Re: Buyers requesting return = increase in defect rate

Am not surprised at this about buyers going through Ebay first rather than contacting you directly and not going through Ebay, this has happened on previous account that I have had, that's why I am always keen these days on advising others to always have have an active returns address on file as well as obviously Ebay will advise buyers to return item to that address.
Old 04-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Btw this is a legit account on my own name and everything. Hence why I'm keen to keep it in good standing.
Old 04-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_chin View Post
Hi guys. I've had two return requests recently where I havnt been contacted or anything (I would have taken the returns) and buyers have just opened return requests and now I have an increase in my defect rate. Can I have these removed as I remember in the old system a defect only counted if a case was opened ?
I don't think these can be removed per say - eB has become quite finicky and don't be calling them over this.

Sell low-end items with free shipping to improve your stats
Old 04-09-2015

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
The case was opened the moment they hit the return request and I think you are stuck with them. Never heard of anyone but the massive sellers with their own ebay employees getting rid of anything.

It is part of the kill off small sellers stuff that ebay said they were going to get rid of but never have so now you need to consider how much you sell and how many strikes your account can take?

It may be that you need another account to allow this one to heel itself with steps advised already

And why it happens is obvious and there is no secure way to stop it other than leaving yourself open to more expense.
Old 04-09-2015
Threadstarter  

One if the ones opened the buyer hasn't even returned the item and it's been almost 3 weeks since he opened it and the money is still frozen aswell. He is well past my 14 days and this is all taking the piss now.
Old 04-09-2015
Threadstarter  

I think I'm going to give eBay a ring and try and discuss this since I have a 14 day return policy. Anyone know what us the best time to call to get thru to the Philippine call centre rather then the Irish one? As I find they are better to deal with.
Old 04-10-2015

Longevity: 78%

let us know how it goes.
Old 04-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I think I'm going to give eBay a ring and try and discuss this since I have a 14 day return policy. Anyone know what us the best time to call to get thru to the Philippine call centre rather then the Irish one? As I find they are better to deal with.
Figure out the time delay - and also wish you best of luck
Old 04-12-2015

Longevity: 53%

I am having a similiar problem with a customer - it has being two weeks since they opened a returns case and yet I have not received the item

Payment is still on hold and will not be closed or escalated to ebay customer services till the 27th april, in which time I could have had the item resold.

What wrong with people, either return it or just keep the dam thing.