Hacked accounts and purchasing - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Hacked accounts and purchasing

There is a hacker that keeps purchasing my product, he used a hacked paypal 3 days ago to purchase the product, then few hours later i got a payment reversal email from paypal and that it wasnt authorised by account holder. He would then tell me to ship to another address from the paypal on eBay. Luckily i didnt send the order out.

The idiot has said the same thing today giving the same address, this time purchased with another PayPal account (presumably hacked) on the relisted product.

What do i do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Hacked accounts and purchasing

Be very cautious.

Maybe worth taking down that item for a few weeks until they pass
Old 04-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Be very cautious.

Maybe worth taking down that item for a few weeks until they pass

Is there any resolution center option for when the buyer requests a different delivery address from the paypal. Or to report it somehow?
Old 04-12-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

There used to be. Im not sure if there is now.

Just remember to only send to the paypal address with tracking. If you do you are.covered by seller protection.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (04-12-2015)
Old 04-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

I believe that this is the right time to use the 'cancel order' option.
This will refund the payment and give you back your auction fees and since the reason for the cancelation is an issue with the address he wishes you to ship to there wont be a defect associated with the transaction.
He tried this 2-3 times. Do this every time he tries this crap. He will learn in a few days to not bother messing with you because youre not falling for it. I speak from experience.
Old 04-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
I believe that this is the right time to use the 'cancel order' option.
This will refund the payment and give you back your auction fees and since the reason for the cancelation is an issue with the address he wishes you to ship to there wont be a defect associated with the transaction.
He tried this 2-3 times. Do this every time he tries this crap. He will learn in a few days to not bother messing with you because youre not falling for it. I speak from experience.
I agree with this, however the buyer can accept/refuse a cancellation request and he can still be rated.
Old 04-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

Actually when you do a 'cancel order' on your end it is automatic and the seller doesnt have anything to do with it - at least that's how it worked the last several times I used it.
And scammers tend not to leave negative feedbacks from experience - its time consuming and not profitable. Also, negative feedbacks means less sellers less means less people for them to scam in the future.
Old 04-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Actually when you do a 'cancel order' on your end it is automatic and the seller doesnt have anything to do with it - at least that's how it worked the last several times I used it.
And scammers tend not to leave negative feedbacks from experience - its time consuming and not profitable. Also, negative feedbacks means less sellers less means less people for them to scam in the future.
The buyer is not going to cancel the sale.. so the seller has to initiate it which means the buyer DOES have to accept the cancellation request, if the buyer ignores it, after 7-10 days it closes automatically.

Ebay is massive and there is plenty sellers around, so i dont a scammer will use sympathetic logic and not rate badly, people always retaliate when you upset them or they dont get there own way..
Old 04-17-2015
fuzzylogik

Longevity: 0%

I once got Paid with a "Hacked" Account for over £700 worth of stuff I even sent the items to the address that was verified on PayPal with tracking but PayPal still reversed the payment and now the account is Negative since I withdrew the funds ( LUCKILY ). now the account is worthless since its Negative and I had to start again.

Be VERY careful!
Old 02-12-2016

Longevity: 77%

Hi Can anyone help? My paypal account was hacked but my ebay is in good standing. I received funds for items and money was withdrawn to my bank. However, all the transactions were reversed. What do I do? Should I just leave this stealth account and use that ebay account with a new paypal or should I completely shut down? I can't find the id that paypal has on file to verify my account.. Please advise
Old 02-12-2016

Longevity: 59%

Putting another PP account on the ebay will only last a few months at most, id start fresh even though it can be annoying.

PS - Make sure you use a better password.
The Following User Says Thank You to mao For This Useful Post:
ets (02-13-2016)
Old 02-15-2016

Longevity: 56%

Seems they are on the rise..Saw this listing

WARNING EBAY LINK

Latest Model 12" Apple MacBook 512GB Silver 1.2 GHz dual core 8GB RAM Laptop 0888462325608 | eBay
Old 08-11-2016

Longevity: 44%

Recently had this happen to me. Someone purchased something with hacked accounts from me. It was an item that wasn't selling at all because my repricer made it way too high ($45 for a $10 item). All three of the items went to the same city, and two of them went to the same exact address which turns out to be a UPS store.

PayPal suspended my account shortly after that but wouldn't tell me why. I went through a lot of hoops to get them various documents but no dice. I eventually found out it was because of the chragebacks on my account for these hacked purchases. I resolved 2 with tracking numbers, but the third was shipped via Amazon Logistics so the tracking number isn't publicly trackable (only through my Amazon profile). I've sent PayPal loads of screenshots to prove it was delivered but they say they need more proof. I got Amazon to send me an email that it was delivered and am waiting to see if that persuades them.

I called the UPS store that these went to and they said that this guy gets tons of packages, which made me think that he's probably doing this to loads of people so I called the local police for that town, who put me in touch with the FBI's IC3 cyber crime unit and I've filed a complaint with them.
Old 08-11-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
That's usually how it tends to work for me as well. I've never had to wait 7 to 10 days for a buyer to accept, usually get a message saying waiting for buying to accept... and always a few minutes later everything gets sorted out and the buyer gets a refund.