Buying on ebay using stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-06-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Buying on ebay using stealth account

First up Im new to stealth ebaying. Ive purchased the stealth ebook and read through it but have a questions which I can find the answers to.

Ill start by giving my story and current situation. Like alot of people on here im just a normal person that decided to work for myself over 7 years ago mainly selling on ecommerce sites ebay and amazon.

I got made redundant over 7 years ago and decided to setup a photography business, bought all the equipment including a large format epson printer and to get some money coming in decided to print and sell posters of ferraris and lamborghini's etc. To cut a long story short the photography side of things never took off, I relied on the printing more and more and ended up selling posters of celebritys on both amazon and ebay which I didnt own the copyright to. 5 years down the line someone reported me numerous times for copyright infringement on amazon resulting in my account being closed, within 6 months they had found my ebay account and closed that down.

End of the day I was doing something naughty and it ended, I picked myself up used another account I had on ebay, bought alloy wheels with the old account and sold them with my newer account which Ive been doing now for 18 months. Fully legit and legal business.

Yesterday ebay decided to close my account and also stop me from buying with my old account leaving me screwed, tried to reason with them but waisting alot of time, I couldnt even work out why they were stopping me from buying.

So Im now in desperate need to create a couple of accounts, one for buying and one for selling. My questions are if I use an account to buy wheels and buy them with my old paypal email address will they still link it to my old accounts even though im not selling. Obviously the account would be in a different name, address, ip etc just paying for wheels with my old paypal which has the funds in it?

Im also looking to buy a ready made account with a decent selling limit so I can crack on selling again while I create a couple of accounts and let them age. With my business I get alot of people collecting the wheels so would need it to have a location near me. Also how do I get on verying the paypal account that come with them if they are in a ficticous name and address?

Any help appreciated.

Alex
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-06-2015

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Buying on ebay using stealth account

Alex

Ah a regular story of eBay bringing you down forever for a mistake..many have been in the same boat.

You cannot use your old or current paypal with ANY new ebay account, you will get that ebay account limited quite quickly, and risk your paypal being limited.

New Ebay, New PayPal, start again. Multiple accounts require different EVERTHING inc User profiles on your computer. One slip up on IP address can cause linking, so be careful. First Stealth accounts are always tricky to get going but once you get the hang of it you will be fine. All the info is in this forum.

You can buy and sell from both after building the accounts up, and use Argos Click and Collect for a delivery address.

As for your address for collections - Most stealthers dont offer collections, but you can set up the account close to you, and then ask them for their mobile number and cll them after auction and give them the proper address. Risky if they arent happy with your service and report it to eBay but I dont think anyone would go that far or put two and two together.

Good luck!

Last edited by wired; 05-06-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you learn stealth
Old 05-06-2015
Threadstarter  

If im buying from one and selling from the other would it be possible to use the same name, address, contact number and paypal for the 2?
Old 05-06-2015

Longevity: 56%

It ia possible to open two ebay accounts and use the same PayPal, (many scammers on ebay do this already as I know all to well) it will look suspicious, especially as a new user.

But as you cannot really sell anything for two weeks to a month anyway, and can only list gently for the first month sometimes longer of operation, you may get away with it, but it would not be advised as you may run into problems further down the line.

I am suprised ebay took away buying privilidges , they used to do that years ago for banned accounts, but then stopped realising the risk is the selling, not the buying (they love buyers immensly - they protect them so much leading to being called 'freebay' by many of that fold) so you have definitely flagged security systems with the methods you where using, so whats to say it wont happen again? but if you get a while out of the account, then maybe thst will suit you. It isnt really 'Stealth' as we would call it, but entirely up to you to give it a go.

Last edited by wired; 05-06-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2015
Threadstarter  

I was surprised they took my buying priviledges aswell. I even rang them to ask why and they didnt really give me a reason other than my account is linked to an account which has had selling priviledges removed. Its causing me a major headache as ive got to sort out how to put the money into my new paypal account to pay for stock.

Im presuming adding funds from your bank account to your paypal account is a big no no aswell as transfering fund between 2 paypal accounts.

I supposed I could just buy and sell on the same account but will cause problems with people being able to see what I paid for the wheels im selling not to mention the fact that people I buy from will be able to see im buying there wheels to sell on.
Old 05-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity_crisis View Post
If im buying from one and selling from the other would it be possible to use the same name, address, contact number and paypal for the 2?
You would not consider that as it links you.

Why do you want to LINK yourself?

But, you could buy & sell on the one account.

Depends on your business plan.

Learn stealth properly first before trying the fancy tricks that you might get encouraged to use

ETA
If it's our eBay Stealth you have, do activate your subscription soon. You get full forum access then.
Old 05-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You need to analyze your business model and your setup OP - no links
Old 05-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Well, some good news. Ive just had an email from ebay letting me know the original account I used to buy the wheels from has been reinstated. It also said I could sell on it with a limit of 100/£3500 per month but Ive just tried to list something and its stopped me when I tried to upload it.

At least I can still buy using this account now which solves one problem. I will carry on with sorting a few stealths out and slowly start selling again.
Old 05-07-2015

So you cant send money from one paypal account to the next? Or could you just make another email address from the paypals main account?
Old 05-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Well this morning I checked my emails and ebay have now reinstated my other account and all selling limits removed. Ive relisted all my items now and all is good.

Im pretty shocked to be honest because I rang several times and spoke to several people and they all said that they would not be reinstating my accounts and I wouldnt beable to buy or sell on ebay any more.

Im not taking any chances and will still be setting up some stealth backups but the fact they have reinstated both accounts cant be a coincedence.
Old 05-08-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

That's great news.

If I was you though I would let those 2 accounts cool down for a while.

I certainly would not sell anything or try to list anything.

One more policy violation or report and your account will be suspended again. I know this from experience. Those accounts are on thin thin ice.

I would set up a couple of stealth accounts while those cool down For a month or two. That way you have back ups in place and youre not just twiddling your thumbs.