eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Question about taking ebay to court? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/86542-question-about-taking-ebay-court.html)

stuartalex 06-12-2015 06:18 PM

Re: Question about taking ebay to court?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 677121)
Yeah good point on the account front, guess its just about principles in the end.

There is a wonderful documentary being put together about eBay, better than Watchdog, should be a good watch when they are finished!

Who is making the documentary?
I hope paypal receive an equal amount of justified bad mouthing

Any complaints about suspended accounts will be justifed by ebay people as maintaining security.
We know the BS they trot out. It would be nice for somebody to get some real comments. Hopefully they might use an undercover person to highlight ebay practices

Where and when will this be shown?
I hope its not going to be on ITV. Their sensationalised crap rarely has any depth.

MM78 06-12-2015 08:44 PM

Anyone who can take on Ebay and their Lawyers.....please do.

wired 06-13-2015 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartalex (Post 677290)
Who is making the documentary?
I hope paypal receive an equal amount of justified bad mouthing

Any complaints about suspended accounts will be justifed by ebay people as maintaining security.
We know the BS they trot out. It would be nice for somebody to get some real comments. Hopefully they might use an undercover person to highlight ebay practices

Where and when will this be shown?
I hope its not going to be on ITV. Their sensationalised crap rarely has any depth.

Can't tell any of that, but i can say its not been commissioned for ITV.:thumb:

stuartalex 06-13-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 677368)
Can't tell any of that, but i can say its not been commissioned for ITV.:thumb:

I look forward to it then.
Rough estimate as to when it may be on?

wired 06-13-2015 04:49 PM

I dont trust you buddy at all, due to this and your posts on the other thread you have been frequenting, so you will see it when you see it, no need to think about it again until then :thumb:

rsot 06-13-2015 06:03 PM

Court fees let alone INTERNATIONAL lawsuit is going to be quite pricey

isitworththestress 06-13-2015 07:01 PM

Still think court is silly but for those Americans unsure of the costs

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

And more info here

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la.../small-claims/

I still say bellow is the way to go or to the press, maybe a radio four show if they dont like the attention.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...mer-contracts/

Any contract they try to cling to when you have such proof of wrong doing is nul and void in my book.

But whatever you do make sure you have your other accounts open as ebay is like a spiteful child

dan_ebay 06-17-2015 09:54 PM

don't understand why people in this thread are making out taking ebay to court is expensive and you'll never beat ebays super special lawyers. Think it costs £15 to take someone to small claims court.
Theres proof that the buyer has been using the phone that ebay agreed doesn't work. Good game, case won

rsot 06-17-2015 11:24 PM

Case won but you think money will be easily paid?

wired 06-18-2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_ebay (Post 678551)
don't understand why people in this thread are making out taking ebay to court is expensive and you'll never beat ebays super special lawyers. Think it costs £15 to take someone to small claims court.
Theres proof that the buyer has been using the phone that ebay agreed doesn't work. Good game, case won

ITs £50ish as I mentioned buddy, not sure where you get £15 from!

But yes, its an easy win for the claimant.

wired 06-18-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 678582)
Case won but you think money will be easily paid?

It probably would, because if it isnt , the case can be sent to the High Court, and once sanctioned, we have High Court Sheriffs who have more powers than the police who will retrieve the money, and are allowed to break in the commerical premises to take goods to the value of what they can sell at, ironically, AUCTION to make up the balance owed.

That would be SO MUCH fun to watch that! I'd do it just for giggle :)

isitworththestress 06-18-2015 06:58 AM

See if this works fees as of today acording to gov website

Claim amount Sending form to court centre Using Money Claim Online Up to £300 £35 £25 £300.01 to £500 £50 £35 £500.01 to £1,000 £70 £60 £1,000.01 to £1,500 £80 £70 £1,500.01 to £3,000 £115 £105 £3,000.01 to £5,000 £205 £185 £5,000.01 to £10,000 £455 £410

stuartalex 06-18-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 677492)
I dont trust you buddy at all, due to this and your posts on the other thread you have been frequenting, so you will see it when you see it, no need to think about it again until then :thumb:

Sorry if not agreeing with your opinions means you don't trust me although I'm not sure how a rough transmission date could be used for any purpose whatsoever.

Maybe spending too much time on here has made you as paranoid as you seem to be

stuartalex 06-18-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 678593)
It probably would, because if it isnt , the case can be sent to the High Court, and once sanctioned, we have High Court Sheriffs who have more powers than the police who will retrieve the money, and are allowed to break in the commerical premises to take goods to the value of what they can sell at, ironically, AUCTION to make up the balance owed.

That would be SO MUCH fun to watch that! I'd do it just for giggle :)

So you've been watching The Enforcers and Can't Pay We'll Take it Away too?

You should have also picked up that the cost involved in getting High Court collectors to get your money would be many times more than the cost of the debt itself ( in this cast at least) which is why the High Court is seen as a last resort- because it costs so much and is usually a last desperate measure for people who want action taken as quickly as possible

Haidukken 06-18-2015 04:54 PM

You'd make that £97 back quicker by going out tomorrow and dancing in front of the courthouse for couple of days and just look kinda sad homeless person, make a sign or whatever works best.

Just time... Man, how do you find so much time to think about ACTUALLY taking eBay to court over £97?

wired 06-19-2015 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haidukken (Post 678772)
You'd make that £97 back quicker by going out tomorrow and dancing in front of the courthouse for couple of days and just look kinda sad homeless person, make a sign or whatever works best.

Just time... Man, how do you find so much time to think about ACTUALLY taking eBay to court over £97?

Are you back on the sugar again? Everythings quieter when you don't eat sugar, so filling out a little paperwork, takes around two hours, so thats essentially around £47 an hour. Pretty good odds...and comes with the satisfaction of getting something back from ebay. Thats a win for me.

If you would rather pretend to be unfortunate and homeless, well, thats a very cruel thing to do, don't chance karma brother, you might never know where you will end up.

yankee 06-19-2015 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wired (Post 678913)
Are you back on the sugar again? Everythings quieter when you don't eat sugar, so filling out a little paperwork, takes around two hours, so thats essentially around £47 an hour. Pretty good odds...and comes with the satisfaction of getting something back from ebay. Thats a win for me.

If you would rather pretend to be unfortunate and homeless, well, thats a very cruel thing to do, don't chance karma brother, you might never know where you will end up.

Everything is a matter of perspective. I see it as an absolute waste of energy and time even at just 2 hours.

just_smile 06-19-2015 07:43 AM

Ill stick up for wired here, sometimes its not the money or time thats important, but the principle.

yankee 06-19-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 678951)
Ill stick up for wired here, sometimes its not the money or time thats important, but the principle.

Principle almost always has cost me money and TIME that I can never get back BUT everyone is different.

isitworththestress 06-19-2015 07:54 AM

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...ing-standards/

Still think that and then onto the ombudsman that would be the european one in this case would be a better way to go and do much more damage to ebay.

If it goes onto the ombudsman then they have this

Once the ombudsman has investigated your complaint he or she will recommend a remedy.
This could be telling the company to do one or a combination of the following:
  • Explain why it treated you the way it did
  • Apologise
  • Change its practices or procedures to make sure what happened to you doesn’t happen to other people in future
  • Pay you a certain amount of compensation
If an ombudsman receives lots of complaints about similar issues, it can ask an organisation or government department to review or change the way it works, which will improve things for other people.

But I suspect ebay will pay you back before going to the ombudsman.

Sorry but if you are going on principle and want to use a hammer then use a sledge hammer rather than a toffee hammer

just_smile 06-19-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 678952)
Principle almost always has cost me money and TIME that I can never get back BUT everyone is different.

Yeh, principles will do that :shocked:

wired 06-19-2015 09:14 AM

I agree, principles can be a pain to keep...but essentially , its all we have, money and time can be taken away very quickly and easily, principals can't, they are what makes us, 'us'

:)

Interested about the Ombudsmen though definitely, i like the 'pay you a level of compensation' part :)